2014 in 2014???

Comments

• Andi: it will certainly be longer .... Over 4 hours but hopefully less than 4:30 image

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Total 78.1km.

2km treddie run after spin.

• 296.2km  184m

1717.8km to go. 

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

86.16km 53.7mi

1927.84k to go.

• 207k down, 1807k to go. Talking of which, the first Epsom Derby was held in 1807, and the Russians declared war as the Anglo-Russian war commenced.

A better week running-wise, with a little catch-up being played. Now about 8k behind where I should be.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

10 miles, my longest to date. image Over the 100km mark!

102.27km / 63.7mi

1911.73km to go.

• Had a lazy week last week, but needed it . 312.8km so far. So 1701.2km to go.

• I guess it's something like 38.75km per week to get to the 2014.

so after 7 weeks which is about what we've done now. Those of us going for 2014km should be 271.25km so anyone over that is ahead of an even split image So i'm pretty much a week ahead of target so far... Felt a lot further ahead than that image

• Morning!
    BT: you had me worried! Just had to check the figures. Tomorrow is day 42 (11 days in Feb + 31 in Jan!), so 6 weeks. So if we are on target 231.75 should be achieved by tomorrow night, either in miles or kms. The good news is you are over 2 weeks ahead of target!

I will be close to being on target, and about where I want to be at present...expect to catch up when the better weather/more daylight come.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

aaah, booktrunk, don't make me feel so inadequate! What I've done so far I'm not even close to getting to 1000km! Though I'm getting more consistent and mileage is slowly creeping up and I'm already 41 miles ahead of last year.

• D'oh 42 is six weeks of course... err how did i think it was seven *blush* sorry for the heart attack everyone.  I am further ahead than i thought.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

That's ok, I know I'm not gonna hit the 2014km target anyway. But I will do better than last year.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

3 miles for me tonight, had an extra day off yesterday as had a bad case of CBA. Had to wait half an hour for my run tonight as when I was going out first time it was slashing it down sidesways because of the wind. But I got to run in the dry.

107.07km / 66.7mi

1906.93km to go.

• The awful weather has slowed me down, unlike Andi who is pounding the miles out I assume on his treadmill image

14.5km tonight so e bits wind assisted and others pretty hard work image

327.3km in total over 203 miles image woohoo happy to have passed 200 so early in the year.  1686.7km to go.

interestingly enough, although of course we all know this already, but in 1686 king James II appointed four Roman Catholic priests to the Privy Council.

• Well done mikasa and take extra days off if you feel you need themimage

Booktrunk, well done on the mileage thus far and with all your ultras to come this will be an easy(ish) target.

lol Booktrunk but, was out in the snow, hail and wind yesterday image And, took today off as am feeling a bit sick and have sore hips image (that's 4 days of non running this year!).

330 miles run so 1684 to go. Not much happened this year but a Patent granted for thimble in April (not the first).

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

4 days off Andi - how dare you!image Better step it up!

• Is the big outside a bit harder than the treddie?image

• yeah mikasa, must be a wuss having had 2 days off already this monthimage

lol Steph but no, even in the bad weather I enjoyed the run thanks but do need to get in some downhill speed work (not really needed for Lochaber in April though).

• I'm loving the bad weather, nicer than running in blistering sun!

I'm at 194miles/312km so far.

AKA 15% of the way through, 1702km to go!
  • 18.18km a marathon pace image

345.5km so far. 

• 10.6km a second quicker per km than yesterday. 

356.1km so far over 222 miles image

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭

well done on the PB booktrunk, and good to see everyone's good running.

I've actually taken a few days off this week after a bit of a disaster run on Sunday (stopped my long run half way through after just not having anything there in my legs or in my motivation to run). Feeling much happier about running now for the little break, think I'd been overtraining. A bit behind all your totals, but I'm back in the 'saddle' now though. 156 miles YTD, or 252 km, with a half marathon on Sunday and an easy jog planned tomorrow. 

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    Andi McGill 2 wrote (see)
    XX1 wrote (see)

Thanks Cbw...  My only hope now is that Andi will pop-up and provide me with the calculation imageimage

Hehe XX1, I do a couple of calculations and they are surprisingly similar and as BT says they do tend to even out.

For example, in December I did 22 runs, Garmin had the average at 72%AHR, a simple average of all 22 AHR's in excel came out with 71.28% and using the calculation below I had 71.28% so, in the general scheme of things it's all very close.

To get a better 'weighted' AHR I convert each daily AHR to BPM (beats per minute) using *equal sign goes here* I349*((HOUR(D349))*60+MINUTE(D349)+ IF(SECOND(D349)30, INT(1+ SECOND(D349)/60), SECOND(D349)/60)).

I349 is the BPM and D349 is the duration of run.

I then add this up and divide by the minutes run in the month and since I'm now running more than 1 day just use total time in DD:MM:HH:SS and multiply by 1440.

Hope that makes some sense?

Andi, if in your calculation above you're trying to, for each run, multiply the BPM by Duration in Minutes I'm thinking that I349 * (D349 / 1440) might do it...  Anyway, nice to see someone with a commitment to accuracy and excellence! image

• Yeah, think that was what I was trying to do but for some reason I had issues just multiplying them so messed with the time format hence the long conversionimage Am guessing both methods come to the same result image

Interestingly after 117.7 miles this month the difference between adding the daily averages and dividing by the number of runs and doing the above calculation is 0.79 of a heartbeat per minute - a big difference for an elite maybe but not for little ol meimage

Just checked and in Jan I ran 234 miles and the difference was 0.1 bpm

• ^^^^ interesting I'll stick with lazy Garmin method then image

29km today 385.1 down, 1628.9 to go. 

Average Cadence so far 172

Average Heart Rate 136

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

I've not had a great February so far...  But here are my totals as at Day 47/365...

243.92 km down, 1770.08 km to go.

Booktrunk -- How are you calculating that Average Cadence?  I assume that you're weighting it for each run yeah image

• lol XX1 and good running, loads of time leftimage

Nice long run booktrunk, pushes the total up nicely image

Didn't run today so no change here sadly image

• Xx1 of course I've counted my total steps individually and... Yeah right image just let Garmins best guess count. Will go up in the summer as the mud in the fields I think must shorten my gait. It was really muddy still today and my cheap trail shoes don't have much support so it's almost like running in minimalist shoes, aching calves image