2014 in 2014???

Comments

• 8 km to finish the month off.

202.km in Total for February

244.5km in Total for January

Total so far 446.7km  (277.5 miles) which leaves 1567.3 km

• Evening!

End of month totals: only 122k for the month, taking me to 276.45, i.e. 1737.55K. Behind due to illness, but have still managed to run at least 2k every day this year.

1737: now there's a year nothing happened!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 211 miles in Feb brings my ytd total to 444.77 image

1,569 miles to go and I'm not sure why but in this Year the Duke of Norfolk was arrested!

Steph, ignoring kilometres v miles your ahead of me justimage

alehouse, good going on the daily runs image I gave up mid Jan and have been slacking with 5 days off this year! And, as for 1737, are you forgetting that an earthquake killed 300,000 and destroyed half of Calcutta India?

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I was going for that day in 1819! 1737 was also the foundation of the oldest existing English language newspaper, but in September image
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

33.1km Good first run for the month image

479.8 Total 1534.2 to go. Of course this is an incredibly important year, and I know that I don't need to mention this to any of you, as obviously we all know this is the year  that Parliament accepted The Act of Supremacy, and the Church of England was born.

• yup emzap, the lower the number the harder it is to find something on that day so I 'cheat' and do the year nowimage

Steph, great start to the month! and thanks for the factual remindersimage

63 miles for the week (my best week ever) so that's 471 for ytd and (just) 1543 to go image Oh and in 1543 Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned "Queen of Scots" in the central Scottish town of Stirling.

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭

Total for the end of February - 335.5km - that'll do given that my aim for end of the second month is 336km image

Now for March's 168km: 18km so far for March (including a disappointingly pedestrian 10k), 150km to go.

Hmm, monthly targets are hard to find interesting facts for! So I'm 335.5km down, 1678.5km. 1678: the year that the composer Vivaldi was born.

• Jan: 129m | 207.61km
    Feb: 172m | 276.81km
    Mar: 16.7m | 26.8km
    TOT: 317.7m | 511.22km

Past the 25% mark which is pleasing! 1502km to go.

1502 - the year Columbus landed at both Honduras and Costa Rica. 172m in Feb was my highest mileage month ever, by a clear 30 miles - my previous record was set in January!

1502km/10months = 150km a month in order to hit the target. Thats around 93m per month. With March being another high tariff month that average should come down a bit too making it very realistic for me to hopefully exceed the goal. I have no plans to run an autumn marathon or maintain this high milage!!

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭

Well done mattywarr - especially for setting your highest mileage month so emphatically, in the shortest month of the year! image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Up to 258 km with 1756 to go.  As we all know, this is the 1st year St Patrick's Day was celebrated in New York at the Crown and Thistle Tavern.

Had another cold, so training took another set back, but am feeling better, and have some plans in place to get the training back up.  Have a half marathon in 3 weeks so need to get fit for that!

Well done Mattywarr for setting your highest mileage so far.

• Thanks guys image

All, another week down so another update from me.

Jan: 129m | 207.61km
    Mar: 62.7m | 100.9km
    TOT: 363.7m | 585.32km

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

1669 to go, and as we all know, Mount Etna erupted. I didn't know, however, that Samuel Pepys stopped diary writing in this year.

March going quite well...so far. Must never speak too soon! 68k completed in the 10 days so far, so gradually playing catch-up. Need to average 5.65k a day for the remaining 295 days. Continue to run every day, and aim to do so!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Hurrah!!

1st run back after a week out out injured 8.1km, going to now try to run every other day for the next couple of weeks. 

507km so far ,so over 25% of the total image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hope the injury is in the past now, BT.

372k completed, so 1642k to go. 1642, of course, being the year that the English Civil War started, and, indeed, the last time an English monarch entered the House of Commons.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hope the injury stays away booktrunk

287 km done, 1727 to go.  As we all know, this was the year the original Lord's cricket ground held it's first match and the MCC was founded.  Quite an important year I feel.

Ale, do you know where the original Lords was (no cheating!)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hi Emz!
    I used to know! I remember that this is not the first ground...may even be the third or fourth! Will go and cheat!
    Funnily enough spent much of yesterday evening talking cricket!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Walked 21km today I know it doesn't count, but still good time on feet image 

• Weekly update time! Had an 11 minute PB in the Fleet Half yesterday so am feeling chuffed as nuts image

Mar: 93.5m | 150.5km
    TOT: 395.5m | 636.5km

So 32% completed with 1377(.5) to go.

1377 - The year Pope Gregory XI moved the papacy back from Avignon to Rome, and tragically the year King Edward III died.

• mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Ah Matty, if I would've known you were running I would've given you a special cheer!

Bf was working and I'm not allowed to do much still and the weather was gorgeous so hopped on the train (season ticket holder) and came to support fellow runners. Not sure if I've mentioned it here but had a hip flexor strain 3 weeks ago, after week of rest went snowboarding, then came back and no better so went to physio who ordered proper rest,anti inflammatories and not much walking (as walking hurt but boarding was ok image). Slowly getting better. Deep tissue massage booked with same physio for this Thursday, next step is brisk walking.

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭

Here's hoping that injuries clear up soon for people, and that PBs keep coming too!

Just had a really great session (6x400s, averaging under 2 mins for each 400m). Feeling much happier, after becoming a bit demoralised by two truly terrible races (for example, yesterday was a 10k in 62 minutes when I have just done a 2.01 half marathon at Brighton! but the combination of unexpectedly glorious heat and giving blood earlier in the week took hold of me).

260 miles YTD, aiming to be at 313 miles by the end of March. Err.. km - 418km down, 1596km to go.

For those who are unfortunate enough to know Croydon, 1596 was the year that Sir John Whitgift founded the Whitgift school, "for the "poor, needy and impotent people" in Croydon. I wouldn't say its ethos has remained true to this aim over the years... (and I'm not sure what special schooling is required for the impotent, I'm not sure I'd want to find out)

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello.  Well done Matty on the pb, 11 minutes is huge!

325 km down for me, 1689 to go.  

JS Bach was born in 1685 and the 1st street lighting in London was installed.

Hope you get over your injury soon Miska.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Hello, been a bit quiet.

been struggling with injuries, managed to plod around a half Marathon today. Total so far 535.3km leaves 1478.7 to go.

That was the year poor old George (Duke of Clarence) was executed for treason against his brother King Edward the 4th.

• Thanks everyone image

Mikasa - were you supporting then? What a lovely day it was! Cracking event thoroughly recommended to anyone!

Missed my regular monday update. Family wedding at the weekend so no running saturday or sunday, shifting my taper LSR to monday, so the numbers are a bit stunted on a weekly view. Still heres the tale of the tape!

Mar: 132.5m | 213.25km
    TOT: 433.5 | 697.65km

So about 1317km to go, about 35% of the way through the goal, with about 25% of the year gone. So ahead of target.

1317 was a suspiciously quiet year according to the good folks at wikipedia, however as I'm sure you are all aware it is the code number for the Highways Agency's standard for compliant road restraint systems, such as safety pbarriers, parapets, vehicle attenuators and crash cushions. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

So, 85 days of the year gone by, and 85 days run. Looking forward to keeping it going, with at least 2k each day.

441k completed, so 1573k to go, and by coincidence there is now a restaurant called 1573 in the Old Grammar School in Leicester, my place of birth. Later the Old Grammar became the school I attended, although it had moved down the road a couple of hundred yards.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

8.3km yesterday 8.4km today.

1462km to go.

it goes without saying that Dracula was a bit frisky in this year.

Vlad III the Impaler attempts to assassinate Mehmed II (The Night Attack) forcing him to retreat from Wallachia.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

360km completed, 1654 to go.  Average of 6 km/day to get there.  Hope I can do it image  Though, after I have done my half marathon on Sunday, this should be the highest ever mileage month for me image

Interestingly 1654 was the year that the Treaty of Pereyaslav was signed between Russia and Ukraine.  Also, Ole Worm that famous Danish physician and antiquary died this year (I just liked the name!).

Well done Ale for running every day this year, impressive!

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

On further investigation, Ole Worm used to use the Latinised form of his name, Olaus Wormius, that sounds even better!

• annajoannajo ✭✭✭

after four days of (whisper) no running apart from 1 mile jogs to work... a 4.8M session this morning brings me to 287 miles for the year. I want to be at 313.5 miles at the end of March. 26.5miles in four days - well I've got a half marathon on Sunday, so getting back on track is sort of do-able - ish!

In km... 462km down, 1552 to go. 1552 was the year that the "Debatable Lands" (an area on the Scotland-England Borders including Carlisle and Dumfries) were divided up into parts of Scotland and parts of England, helping establish modern borders... though we seem to have a return to similarly Debatable Lands in Scotland again now...

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

8.6km tonight

1453.4km to go.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

As it's the end of the month, thought I'd update.

388 km run 1626 to go.  A bit behind where I should be now (around 500 I think).  1626 the year William II of Orange was born.