Options

London Marathon Runners and Supporters Thread

Comments

• Options

It was probably something I said but somehow 'er indoors and I have ended up on the wrong bit of the list (sorry).

Runners

15West
    Adam & Debra Lloyd
    Britrisky
    Dr.Dan
    Drummond
    DT19
    Foxy Lady
    Gingerfurball
    I Heart Medals
    Jenni-far-far
    Kevin Broome 2
    Lainey23
    Lily of theValley
    Literatin
    Lolo40
    Lyl
    MadWelshWoman
    Marrows
    Matty Smith
    Millsy1977
    Mr Puffy
    Nykie
    Redhead
    Rose118
    Shedboy
    Snapdragon
    Stop Running Away
    Tiger Tim 2
    Tiptoes

Welsh Alex & Mrs Welsh Alex

Supporters

Bear B. Hind
    Jungle Dave
    LB
    Maddy
    Mikefrog
    Mrs. Hog-mouse
    Shimmy Shimmy
    SuperCaz
    Vixx & Mrs Vixx
    Womble

• Options

Supporters
    Bear B. Hind
    Jungle Dave
    LB
    Maddy
    Mikefrog
    Mrs. Hog-mouse
    Shimmy Shimmy
    SuperCaz
    Vixx & Mrs Vixx
    Womble
    Sweetest Thing

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

ATTENTION PLEASE... Quiet there at the back!

I am putting together the groups this evening.  Here is what happens next.  I need every runner and supporter to start checking the boards regularly so that we can distribute information quickly

1)  I will post on here a list of each of the groups.  At the moment there are 4 groups with two supporters each, plus a couple of additional supporters to help out where required.  The group leaders need to talk to each other and decide how they are going to allocate their time and resources.  If anyone is unsure about something then please ask me

2)  Each runner will be allocated to a group.  It is the RUNNERS responsibility to get in contact with their group leaders and to supply the information that they need.  We can only do our best for you if we all work together as a team

3)  I will start threads for each group.  Runners and supports can use the group to stay in contact with each other.  I suggest that everyone allows messaging as there may be some personal information that people do not wish to post on the public boards.

I am not fully aware of the forum politics, so if anybody has a problem with their group, or is running with a friend and has found themselves split up, then please tell me sooner rather than later and I can reallocate you.  You don't have to give me your reasons and nobody will be offended.

There is also space for additional runners and supporters if there is anybody who didn't get round to putting their names on the list.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

RUNNERS

When you get allocated to a group you need to provide your group leaders with the following information:

Forum name
    Real nameExpected arrival at Mudchute
    Description of your race gear (a photo of you in the gear you will be wearing on the day is even better)
    Special needs that you will leave at Expo

Please use the groups I will set up to discuss anything at all.  Most of the supporters have run at least one marathon, and are experienced support crew so they can provide you with a lot of information and advice.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

RUNNERS

When you visit Expo, you need to leave anything that you want at Mudchute at the RW stand.  Please label them with your NAME and GROUP at a minimum so that we know who to give them to during the race.

Please bear in mind that the supporters have a LOT of gear to drag across London on the morning, so we will prefer to buy provisions at the supermarket down the road on the morning.  If you would like something perishable, like a banana, or something heavy then please can you leave us a monetary donation that we can use to buy your provisions.  If you are fussy about your gels/biscuits/sports drink then please leave us your preferred ones at Expo.

The supporters also will have a stock of basic needs such as jelly babies, jaffa cakes, orange segments, Vaseline and first aid provisions which you may use if you need them.  We make no claim to be medically trained, so please see a professional if you need one, but we can stick a plaster on for you

This event costs the supporters a considerable amount of money.  We need to buy balloons, plates, food and liquid.  Any donations at all to help cover the costs will be gratefully received

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

SUPPORTERS

When you get you list of runners you need to spend some time getting to know them and collate the information they give you.  I suggest that you order them on their expected arrival at Mudchute so that you can find them quickly on the day.

You will need to decide with your partner who is going to make a sign with your group number on it, and how that will get to the start line on the day.  In the past I have used a piece of card about A2 size and covered it with a backing colour and a contrasting big number.  These tend to work better than balloons - balloons tend to get blown around in the wind and are difficult for the runners to see

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

SUPPORTERS

In the week leading up to the race the supporters will need to do trips to Expo to collect the items left by the runners.  Ideally we need someone to visit Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with a minimum of two trips on Saturday.  Please can I have volunteers for this as I am unable to get time off work this year and will not be able to come down before the Saturday myself

I will also need people to bring things on the day as I cannot carry it all myself!  I will provide a list when I can find the one from last year (I think it must be on my other computer) and if everyone can bring just a couple fo items then it will make for light work.

On the day I will need support crew from 8am to reserve our spot.  If you cannot get there that early then that is fine, but can you let me know so that I am not worrying about you.  There is a lot of work to be done with putting up the balloons and preparing food before the runners come thorough.

Don't forget to bring your own food, drink, suncream and other provisions for the day.  There is the supermarket and a couple of burger vans but they are not always easy to reach through the crowds.  Cake contributions are particularly welcome, and please have consideration for those amongst the crew with lactose, gluten and nut intolerancesimage

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I've run out of time to spend on this, so I will have to post the lists in the next day or two.  Watch this space!

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Mr P, what are you insinuating?  I stayed stone cold sober last year!

• Options

Caz, thank you for all your hard work on this! I can do an Expo run on the Friday.

• Options
    I can't stay on the day, but I can do an Expo run during the week and drop it off on the Sunday morning. I can also receive a helium tank and bring it along, but someone else will need to take it away again afterwards (and it's heavy - needs at least two people or ideally a car to transport).
  • Options

Thank you Caz for all your hard work on this. image

• Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

thank you Caz - realise this is a huge favour you are all doing for us runners. am v happy to donate cash - is it ok to leave that in an envelope at the RW stand at the expo? (think i might struggle to hand over a £20 at mile 17!!!)

• Options

I am still looking for someone to run with me as per my previous request. Any one interested?

• Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

Pam - you might be better posting this as a separate thread? people only really come on this one to arange the cheerpoint.

• Options

This is amazing! Thank you so much. image

• Options

Thanks SO much Caz! The jelly babies helped me last year and i was struggling at Mudchute, so i'm so grateful -- will be looking out for you guys again and hopefully will find you at the expo! Have attempted to add myself to the list:

Runners

15West
    Adam & Debra Lloyd
    Britrisky
    Dr.Dan
    Drummond
    DT19
    Foxy Lady
    Gingerfurball
    I Heart Medals
    Jenni-far-far

K-Dawg
    Kevin Broome 2
    Lainey23
    Lily of theValley
    Literatin
    Lolo40
    Lyl
    MadWelshWoman
    Marrows
    Matty Smith
    Millsy1977
    Mr Puffy
    Nykie
    Redhead
    Rose118
    Shedboy
    Snapdragon
    Stop Running Away
    Tiger Tim 2
    Tiptoes

Welsh Alex & Mrs Welsh Alex

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Groups have been posted

Group 1 with LB and Mrs Hog-Mouse

Adam Lloyd
    Debra Lloyd
    Jenni-far-far
    Kevin Broome 2
    Marrows
    Matty Smith

Group 2 with SuperCaz and Shimmy Shimmy

I Heart Medals
    Lainey 23
    Lily of the Valley
    Millsy1977
    Mr Puffy
    Nykie
    Tiptoes

Group 3 with Maddy and Sweetest Thing

Britrisky
    Drummond
    Foxy Lady
    Literatin
    Lolo40
    Welsh Alex
    Mrs Welsh Alex

Group 4 with Womble and MikeFrog

15West
    Dr.Dan
    DT19
    Lyl
    MadWelshWomen
    Rose118

Group 5 with Jungle Dave and Bear B. Hind

K-Dawg
    Readhead
    Shedboy
    Snapdragon
    Stop Running Away
    Tiger Tim 2

Please can all runners and supporters visit their assigned thread and introduce themselves.

There is still plenty of room if there are any more runners out there that don't want to miss the boat.  Please let yourselves be known to me and I will assign you to a group

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

RR, it would be great if you could arrange the helium for me.  I've already prompted our supply man to sort it out for us so if you would be happy to liaise with him again that would be great.  I'll have a think about how to remove it afterwards

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Gladrags, and anyone else.  Cash at expo would be wonderful, if you can spare it image

• Options

how do we get onto the assigned thread?

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Rose, I've created them under Spring Marathon.  They are called Mudchute Support Group 1-5 depending which group you are in

• Options

THANK YOU. This makes me very excited.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Thanks SuperCaz! I will try my best to actually see the supporters this year. image

• Options

Hello, I am running vmlm14, please may I join a group? Thanks

• Options

Me too please x Always looked forward to Mudchute

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Chicken123, please head over to Group 4

Mattoo, you can join Group 5