Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

Comments

• Options

Hi all!

Good to hear from everybody!

Chili - get well wishes to your family! It's that time of year, isn't it?

Nandy - well done on your fast 5 miler!

Ecky - Hope you get your son's results soon and that it is nothing serious.  Migraines sound terrible...

Daughter was on local TV yesterday.  They were doing a feature on swimming and invited my daughter and her friend and their trainer for an interview as they belong to one of the only public teams in the area. (Most good teams here are attached to private schools.) The interview lasted about 20 minutes and went really well in spite of daughter feeling ill with a throat infection!

Busy weekend with portfolios at school on Saturday, son's swimming competition (also on Saturday) and daughter's swimming competition on Sunday (although she may be too unwell to compete.)

Hoping to do my mile time trial sometime this weekend.  Hope you haven't forgotten folks? MC - what average time are we aiming for as a team?

Have a good day all!

xxx

• Options

morning 

Jude - I think I need to read back and see who put a time and work it out!

Boys are doing fencing this morning which gives me 2 hours at the leisure centre (well I could go home) so will go to the gym or do hill reps on the hill behind the leisure centre! Or both... No weights though as I did weights yesterday and don't want my arms to be shattered for swimming tomorrow

• Options

Morning

Chilli, glad the girls are on the mend and hope Hubby feels better soon.

Thanks Jude, I'm sure he will be okay but yes, migraines are awful. His face was twitching and then he lost his speech and couldn't swallow or breathe so they were worried that he had had a stroke although they did rule it out. When we got to the hospital to see him, he looked at me and said " I can tell you have been crying" little monkey. Great news about your Daughters interview on TV too, you must have been bursting with pride.

Morning Mathschick, ooh do we have a challenge.

• Options

Ecky-I Hope little Ecky is ok & pleased to see that your mojo is returning!!

Chilli-Hope hubby gets better asap. Plus hope you get out for a run.

MC-Sounds like you have a good training session planned.

Jude-pleased to here about your daughter she obviously follows her mum in sporty star quality. How did you enjoy your trip to the IOW. I thought of you when I was doing my marathon on 22/12. Weather must have been pretty rubbish compared to sunny Turkey. 

Franny-That house fire sounds frightning. I am sure you will keep up me when we meet in Edinburgh- especially as I might run a 50k race on the Sunday!! Don't know if I should enter at the moment as I need to be fully recovered within a day or so. My last marathon I was fully recovered in 48 hours and that was on road so I think I will be ok.....umm......

Nandy- You shall be known as Nippy Nandy- that is a good pace!!

1st club run this morning 6.5 miles and kept dry....

• Options

Jude - ooh that is exciting about the TV interview. Sounds like you have a hectic weekend coming up

ecky - that must have been so worrying, hope they sort it out so it doesn't happen again

well I let myself be talked into doing a body ball class at the gym, don't know why as I hate group exercise classes and I hated it and was rubbish at it! And trying to kneel on the gym ball on one leg was not very good for my knees! Anyway, also had time to do some bike and running so not a total waste of time

• Options
    Arg - I've come down with a cold! Silly germs...had a good swim session today though first and a good week of phys so can afford a more gentle weekend!
  • Options

MC - well done on your training.  I spose body ball class was worth a try but I'd have to agree with you, it sounds a bit crap.

AF- well done on your club run. Our Christmas in England was wonderful, thanks for asking,  but the weather was dreadful. I think it's actually colder here in Turkey at the moment but we do get a lot more sunny days in Winter here.

Ecky - yep, I was proud of my girl. We didn't know about it until a couple of hours before.  I would have been so nervous but she is so calm and collected about everything. I wonder where she gets it from?

Just back from the fitness room.  I tried a mile on the treadmile and did it in 7:27!!! But obviously treadmill running is much easier so it doesn't count. I'll have to do a 'real' outdoor mile on Sunday.

BFN guys! x

• Options

Mrs Noel - get well soon!

• Options

Hello all.Have just subscribed to the magazine and spotted this thread on the forum.I'm new to this running,my other half started last year and I went along.So new running shoes and a new sports bra are on the way for the new year(the bras not mine by the way.image.Where up to 10 km on a sunday and 2 shorter runs in the week.And this sunday ,the 5 where increasing it.Probably only by a km,though even this may be wishful thinking but heres hoping.Have also signed up for 2 events.One falls on our wedding anniversary.What better way to spend it than running arround the forest of dean.That will take me back,getting a sweat on on our anniversaryimage.

• Options

welcome Chris - I got confused about whether you were a lady or a man then! I have settled on man... Forest of Dean sounds lovely - which events have you signed up for?

Jude - well done on your mile. I actually find running on a treadmill harder, don't know if it is because of the heat in the gym, the boredom or the fact that I am not actually getting anywhere. 

MrsN - get better soon

• Options

Evening mathschick,Me and my other half(the wife) are running the 10k trailblazers in the forest of Dean,making a real weekend of it,staying in a lovely b and b for 3 nights and a 10k around the grounds of Tatton hall in cheshire.Meant to be a good one for beginners.Nice and flat and takes in the gardens.With the forest of Dean not being concrete which is what we usually run on where hoping to be able to run about 13km reasonably comfortably to allow for forest trails being a bit more tiring underfoot.

• Options
    Ooh get you Jude image well done. I shall hopefully do mine this weekend.

Welcome Chris.
  • Options

Hope you feel better soon Mrs N

Hi Chris welcome to the madhouseimage.

Just did a little pootle today but now my leg is a bit sore so will take a day off tomorrow. I am trying to get fit enough for the league this year and a couple of Charity races where I will be unveiling Histio Girl.

• Options

ooh ecky have you got a wonder woman type costume?

Chris I did the trailblazer 10k at clumber park a couple of years ago - great race and loads of freebies image

• Options

Morning,

Welocme Chris- I did the Trailblaxer race in Kent a couple of years back it is a good event.

Ecky-Histio girl sounds very nice  image

Bit coldy at the momet and am taking Step son back to Uni (hooray as he has done nothing over the holidays!!!), but will do a club run tomorrow.   

Fed up with this weather and want to get a long run done soon.

Bye for now...

• Options

MOOOOORNING

Mahschick, my lovely friend has just ordered me one of the morphsuits which will have to be adjusted and I am getting some sparkly blue hotpants with a blue cape and a sequined H on the front in a superhero stylie. I am trying to create Histio Champions for the Trust, just need a hunky Histio Man now.image

Morning Boss, I just need to eat well now or Histio Girl will be more Blunder woman.

• Options

Morning

Welcome to the nutty thread Chris image Now to be a true CRAC member we need to know what your favourite cake is ????? Its nice to have events o look forward to.

Jude Woooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo get you image That was a speedy mile treadmill or no treadmill you still have to run it so it counts in my books hun.

Ecky Yayyyyyyyyyyyy Histio Girl is back CAM sure you will be abe to find a hunky histio man Just get our lovely LOULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA to find one.

Loulaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa c'mon sis we are on a histio hunky man hunt..get your running kit on

Mrs N I hpe you feel better soon.

Might do a hill run this afternoon with Chico weather/rain dependant

Speak soon folks

• Options

Hi all!

At school for portfolios........image

Chris - Welcome! Sounds like you are planning a lovely Wedding anniversary!

Franny - enjoy your run in the hills. Thanks for your kind words, perhaps the treadmill is calibrated wrongly?!

Ecky - costume sounds fab!!

AF, MC, Mrs Noel etc - Hi!

Going to swimming competition later where son will be racing 200m Freestyle. Not really his event and not expecting any medals but hope he does well. Any time will be a PB as it's the first time he has raced that far - Bless him!

• Options

Good luck to your son Jude I am sure he will be fantastic. Jude I am sure the treadmill will be calibrated fine if its in the fitness centre.You could do a mile trial once every so often to see how you have improved and that way you are comparing like with like and it will improve your outside running too. I do quite a bit of my interval work on the treadmill because its easier to track that way plus I just hate running on treadmill without a goal in mind.

Hoping the rain stays off for hill run.

Erm I have just booked tickets to go to Lisbon in October for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon on 5th October image

Isn't it time these santa hat smilies should be gone ??????

• Options

Lisbon sounds fantastic! I've only ever been to UK events so really jealous ..

Have done the Clumber Park run a couple of times and was thinking trying Forest Dean this year - the trails are good fun. But then I love mud, water and trail running image

• Options

Hi Tracey Yes trails are fun aren't they Am guessing I will be getting muddy later on with Chico (he is my wee 15 month old jack Russell )

My events I have entered so far are : 23rd February - 15k Devilla Forest

2nd March - Arbroath Smokies 10 mile

6th April - Grangemouth 10k

May 25th - Edinburgh Half Marathon

June 29th - Edinburgh Rock and Roll Half

October 5th - Rock and Roll Lisbon HM

Nov 2nd- Strathaven 10k

Dec 7th -- our clubs own 7 reservoirs trail HM in the hills.

• Options

Looks a great list Franny image - oops! I thought the christmas smiles were gone yesterday?!

Chris - welcome! Great to have you join us.

No running yesterday cos although I didn't actually throw up, I spent the day in bed with the same bug that my entire family have had.

Parkrun this morning in the pouring rain. It was a celebration because we had a member who today completed his 100th run all done at Gunpowder in the the past 2 years. Only one daughter felt well enough to come and she only managed 1 lap but I ran, but is was nice to be out and running with my friends.

When is the deadline for our 1 mile time trial?

• Options

Afternoon all.In reply to the question above whats my favourite cake i'd have to say carrot cake.Used to be Entenermanns  carrot cake but I think they have stopped making it.Just one more problem to resolve,running program sorted for the new year,subcribed to runners world and joined the forum.All good so far but havent managed to find the time yet to do the dishes from last nights tea.image.

• Options

Cool, a manhunt. *goes off to pack bags* LOULA WHERE ARE YOU.

Talking of cake, my new years resolution is to bake more so did a lovely currant cake the other day. Its my turn to back for the dance mums too this week so need to find a recipe.

Franny that's an impressive list. I need to get something booked now.

Hi Tracey and welcome.

• Options

Sorry Chilli, didn't see you there. I hope you are all feeling better now.

Hi Chris, ooh I love carrot cake too.

• Options

I've had four pieces of non descript chocolate cake at school today as there was nothing fit for a vegetarian for lunch!

Hi Tracey!

Franny - Love the list and Lisbon sounds great!

Chili - well done for running when feeling below par. Get well wishes to all the family.

Deadline for mile timetrial is Tuesday 7th January but we can postpone the deadline if people can't get a run in?

Can I put the average for our CRAC team to beat at a 8:20 minute mile? I'm completely guessing, mind you! But we have a target to beat.  Any idea for a prize if we go under that time? 

• Options

hi everyone

wow. it is busy on here!

ecky - love your ideas for histo girl, you will be great!

franny - Lisbon is a beautiful city, the rock and roll half will be great there I am sure. Is there one in Edinburgh again this year? Might have to check out the dates, I am sure the family wouldn't mind a trip up there.

I have been to spinning and back to the masters swims, the first half hour felt awfully slow but then felt good again. 

Loula - get on the manhunt!!

• Options
    NandyNandy ✭✭✭

Afternoon CRAC team!

I've been out for a steady 5 miler today, managed to avoid the rain, it was pretty chilly though!! I might be able to get out and do a mile on monday for TT. Not sure if this will count but I did some interval training a few days ago, quickest mile was 6:21.

Chris - Welcome to the team! Good luck with your events too, they sound great!

Franny - Impressive schedule you've got yourself there! The Lisbon event sounds like a good one. I've never entered a race abroad but I did get a course record on Strava when i was in Fuerteventura last year image.

Chili - Good effort getting out for a run in the rain after a day of illness! I admire the dedication!

AF - I'm sure you'll get out for a good run soon enough. Looking on the news though there is some horrendous weather down south!

Ecky - Sounds like you'll be having some fun in that costume, every credit! Hope your leg isn't too bad!

Jude - Best of luck to your son in the competition, you must be so proud of all these athletes you've produced!!image Mmmm I could just eat some chocolate cake!

Hi Tracey and Mrs Noel and anyone i've missed, i hope you are all well and enjoy the weekend!

See ya!

• Options

Hi

Back from our 6 mile VERY MUDDY run in the Pentlands where we were almost chased by some cattle......eek........they had there eye on Chico so decided to just walk at that bit...lol...didn't fancy getting chased by them.Mind you it might have been a quick mile for the TT...ha ha.Now sitting down with a cup of hot choccy and some maltesers.

Mathschick The Edinburgh Rock and Roll is on Sunday 29th June. Already entered it. They have changed the finish this year to end in the Meadowbank Stadium on the track.

Nandy well done on your steady 5 miler.

Chilli Sorry to hear you weren't well but well done on your running whilst feeling under par

Ecky Where is Loula for the Manhunt ??????????? Am ready to go

Jude You have put me in the mood for Chocolate cake now. I will need to get one baked soon.

• Options

Jude/Ecky-No only nice pcitures of ladies please!!!

Watch out for the above two and Loula those who are new.

I have just had the urge to do my 1.7 mile route and see hwo quick I am over a mile.....I will report back soon.