Options

Just a Little Bit Further - 2014

1373839404143»

Comments

• Options

Hello AF The final magazine instructions arrived in the post today Eeeeeek

I still wanna go sub 4 and am sure we both can..just don't expect me to talk all the way round LOL....

re- long runs - I am planning a 22 miler this weekend and maybe a 18-20 the following week..then down to 15 image I think anyway..legs feel really tired this week as is other folks I have talked to who are doing London.

• Options

hi all

franny - 18 miles after work? No wonder you found it hard!

I am ok, but really I don't think I have done enough running to get round a marathon without a lot of pain! And I think it might be better just to leave Manchester and not risk hurting myself. My knee has been getting niggly again - I did 10 miles on Sunday and couldn't swim breaststroke in the evening because of a sore knee. I don't want to go through all that again!

• Options

Aw that's a shame Mathschick but best to err on the side of caution if you think it will cause further damage.

I was at track last night..did the coach take mercy on our tired legs....not one bit.... speed session consisting of 8 x 800m repeats with equal recovery. Managed each repeat between 3.42 - 3.50 so very happy with that. Planning a 22 miler tomorrow but weather forecast not looking good and its such a lovely day today and was tempted but best not to do 2 hard sessions back to back.

London is getting very close now...scaryily close but so excited tooimage

• Options

hi all

well done franny - did you get your long run in today?

I haven't done a great deal this week as work was so busy, but I got promoted to second in department so it was worth it image

• Options

Hi MC

Did my long run today - 22 miles it was a bit slower but tough in the wind but pleased to have done the distance. just 1 more longish one to do image then to concentrate more on speed before the Big day imageimage

Congratulations on your promotion -that is fantastic.Bet your pleased you made the move to that school image

Off out tonight for a quiz..lady from the running club organizing it to raise funds for her charity..just hope I can stay awake after all my running LOL

AF did you get yourself out for a long run ????

• Options

franny - it has just worked out so well!! I am so happy I made the move there. 

Well done on your run, I have swum and turboed. It certainly is very windy and rainy here today

I am off to see both my boys in a concert tonight. The venue is a school I worked in years ago - I and some awful experiences there so it is going to be a bit odd going back!

• Options

Mathschick How was the concert?

AF Have you managed to get some more long runs done ?

I did my last long run this morning of 20 miles image Was a beautiful day for it. I have done 4 long runs over 20 miles in this training so am feeling good for London.

Just got work to go to this afternoon image In fact I am working all over this easter weekend. was nice to be out running this morning makes me feel I have actually did something LOL

Hope everyone is alright and has a lovely easter

• Options

the concert was great franny - my boys did really well

well done on all your training, not long now till London

we are just back from a couple of days in the Peak District and some really muddy walking image

Hoping to get out for a run later in the sunshine, but have to go and visit my parents with the kids soon for their Easter egg hunt! Apparently they aren't too old for it yet...

• Options

Hello,

Franny- I have only done one 20 miler. The training for this marathon has been really dispiriting. One niggle after another. Now have my back and backside taped up and another osteoptah appointment on Tuesday. She thinks I should be ok for London!! I feel very underprepared...but, will get to the start line and will finish come hell or high water. Had hoped to go our for a long run over easter but couldn't as in a lot of pain when I ran on Friday. Getting old is no fun!! So if I can keep up with you in London I will be a very happy man!!

MC-Love the Peak District.

• Options

AF - take care!

I have been getting some routine back into my training over the Easter hols, a fair few shorter runs, plenty of swimming but not enough cycling. Despite the lovely weather this week I have been with the kids and having to take them for things like hair cuts, eye tests etc

can't believe it is nearly time to go back to work image

• Options

AF ..... Aw nooooooooo. I hope you are okay to run come marathon day but if you are in a lot of pain then can you not defer your place until next year. You want to be able to enjoy the experience. Fingers crossed as to what your osteopath says on Tuesday but you don't want to make it worse after all. xxx sending hugs

Mathschick Sounds like you are enjoying your time off but as usual time flies away from us with so much to do.

Well I had my final track session last night before the London Marathon. 8 x 400m repeats and felt very good. I feel my training has went so well for this and feel strong that I will do well. Just got to stay injury free between now and the start line. Have a 15 miler planned for Saturday image

• Options

Franny - you will do great at London - hope you enjoy the day

finally decided I do some of the housework I have been putting off for ages...

• Options

15 miles for me this morning...tired leggies today but all in all a good run.image

Mathschick Housework is satisfying when done but then it gets all messed up again so quickly. Grrrrrr

AF Hope your feeling better today xx

• Options

Franny - when you have kids then you never actually get the satisfaction of the place looking good because they mess up as you tidy! It drives me mad!!

anyway, did a fair bit, but the hoover filters were smelling mildewey so I have ordered new filters and will continue another day!

spinning and swimming for me this morning

need to do supermarket shopping but hoping to get out for a run as well 

• Options

Afternoon,

Well I saw the Osteopath and got all taped up last week and am back tomorrow.

Managed a couple of runs and 100% certain that I will do London,but, aim to enjoy the occasion rather than getting fixed on a time. My Osteopath seems confident that I should be ok. So feeling happier than I was.

Had a good day at the Brighton Marathon yesterday supporting loads of friends running it. Incredible atmosphere & made me wish I was running it!! At least it helped me make up my mind that London is going to happen for me and am now looking forward to enjoying the atmosphere!!! 

So Franny I shall see you there and hope to be able to keep up with you!!!        

• Options

that's good news AF image take it easy till then!

• Options

Hi all,

Last 10.15 miles completed this morning in lovely sunshine for a change image ahead of VLM in 9 days...Im so excited for this..........

AF Hope your feeling tons better and look forward to meeting up with you on the DAY.

Have a fabulous weekend folk...me I'm working but after Monday then I'm off..woo hoo

• Options

Hi Franny- I am feeling a lot better & saw my osteopath again who was pleased with my improvement. 6.1 miles this morning which felt ok. Can you text me your number and let me know what you are wearing on the day so that I can find you. Could be a bit noisy to here phones ringing!! Looking forward to it,but, may struggle to keep up with you!!  

• Options

hi

ooh, good luck for VLM both of you

I did the 5k swimathon last night, 20 minutes faster than last year, I was amazed but very pleased! the club swim was challenging this morning lol

• Options

Wow that is amazing Mathschick 20 min PB ...superb you must be so chuffed.

Will text you my number AF..I will be wearing my club vest as I got the club place feel its only fair although I am raising money for Macmillan. Will be putting my name on it.

Club vest is red with green diagonal stripe and hope to be wearing shorts. White visor on my head with sunglasses.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi all

how was London???

• Options

Hi Mathschick

Sorry not checked in for a while.

London was Amazing...the spectators were Fabulous from the start to the  finish.

Was sorry I didn't get to meet up with AF but it was really busy and couldn't see him anywhere.

Turns out anyway even if I did see him I would not have been able to run with him as for some reason I was selected into zone 8 when I really should have been in zone 5.Tried to enter zone 5 with one of my club mates but they were really strict and wouldn't let me. Think it worked in my favour to be in a slower zone cos it meant I didn't go off too fast. I felt really good most of the way round.Had  a wobble around 18 miles but didn't last long and was soon back on track again. It was really tight running though and you had to watch out for clipping folks feet and watching out for elbows in the eyes (me anyway cos Im so wee) but all that said its a marathon that needs to be experienced at least once. I really wanted my sub 4 but when I woke up on the Saturday with a cold which just got worse I knew that was going to be out of reach but I was not going home without a PB..which I got...knocked 21 mins off my previous time and came home in 4 hrs 15 mins 23 secs...

So have entered the ballot again but not holding out much hope and wont have the luxury of getting a club place so will either run for charity or I need to get a Sub 4 in Lisbon which would get me a Good for Age Place.

Been out for  a tad under 7 miles this morning which is my 1st run since London. Got Edinburgh Half Marathon at the end of May.

Hope things are good with you MC

AF how are you...hope your back is okay after London

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done franny. I don't think London is the right place for a PB with all the people. Lisbon should be a better bet for that sub 4

I really wouldn't enjoy being in the middle of so many people, so haven't entered the ballot

I am good, just ticking over really, trying to do more cycling and busy at work as ever, specially with exams looming

• Options

Mathschick  I am sure you would like it..yes its busy but its just like being part of one big party and the runners and spectators just push you along. I DID get a PB in London just not the sub 4 LOL Most of the folk in my club all got PBs too.

Just wishing it would warm up a bit here..although its sunny its freezing cold with a bitter wind.

Patiently waiting on the arrival of some Summer warmth in the sun.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

yeah, the weather is rubbish here too, rain and wind and has been the same for days!

• Options

Morning

Been out for 13 mile run this morning. Thought I'd better get a long one done before the half marathon in 3 weeks time.image

Lovely sunny morning but still a chill in the air.