Edinburgh Marathon 2014

1222324252628»

Comments

• Just had a small cut on my left heal, socks had ridden down.  Apart from that I seem to be fine.  Did 5 miles on Wednesday and felt fine and did an 800 track race on Friday.  10miles today and a 5 mile race next Saturday, will feel like a sprint lol.

I couldn't do barefoot, more power to them

• I did see a few people at the side of the road who seemed to have crashed and burned but pleased to see they all appeared to be receiving prompt attention. Like you, Kathy, my feet are not a pretty sight - not the blister problems that usually plague me but def going to lose a couple of toenails.

Went out for a v short jog Weds evening - no problems other than tired legs really. Did park run with hubby Sat am and despite it being a bit hotter than I like I managed to take over a minute off my pb image. Amidst all the various shortcomings that have been highlighted with regard to the organisation of the emf I can vouch for the value of their " first timers" training programme - served me well.

Couple of smaller, local races on my calendar over next couple of months ( including my first hill race :O) then the GNR to look forward to. Going up to Loch Ness for the marathon but hubby running, not me- my turn for childcare and logistical support.

Happy running folks!
  • Green PeteGreen Pete ✭✭✭

Fair play to the fella in flip flops, god knows how he did it?

• Saw a guy laid out being given fluids through an IV drip by paramedics shortly after the turn at Gosford House.  Seems to happen at every race.

Unfortunately I came out of it with a calf injury, my left calf started seizing up at mile 9 and then seemed to fix itself at mile 14.  However, I woke up the next morning with being agony and tough to even walk.

Fortunately seems to be ok now though

• Can't believe it was a week ago!!! Now got post race blues after doing london as well, nothing till a local 10 miler and half marathon Oct/ Nov!!!! Loved the flat course do not like the results saga I enjoy looking at my handicap on my gb ranking and this will stop me running future events!!!! Made a week stay in Edinburgh love the city I'm sure one day will be back again if results get published properly.

• Update

http://www.edinburgh-marathon.com/

but the text to save you opening it or if the webpage changes.... I think that applies to all other races from what it says.....

NEWS UPDATE:

We have listened and we got it wrong

Thank you for all your feedback and for telling us what is important to you.  We value our runners and we now know that only publishing your results within your My Details account was the wrong decision. We thought that this was the runner’s preference to receive results exclusively, however we have been listening to your feedback and now understand and accept that this is not appropriate for you.

We have asked people to choose and you have in your thousands.  As such, from now on all results will be fully available on the Full results after each race.  Full and final results will continue to be submitted to relevant parties for the purposes of verification of entries to other races and for ranking systems.

We apologise for the inconvenience and stress that this has caused many of you who have been waiting to use results to update your rankings or enter other events. Thank you for bearing with us while we sorted this out, we hope that we now have this right for this year and future years.  We can assure you that we will continue to listen to feedback that our runners give us.

Thank you again to our amazing runners, please keep giving us your opinions and comments as they really do help us deliver the events you want.

Neil Kilgour Race Director

• Kathy HKathy H ✭✭✭

Maybe the controversial decision was affecting the 2015 entries.image

• Dear GSi Events,

How about your buses that are over a mile away from the finish line? Did we really pay you £4 for a ticket when ones across the road from the finish line were only £1? (literally across the road).

I look forward to Gsi Events apology for this and making sure the buses are also sorted out.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

I think they've handled the results thing with good grace... though rather slowly...

No injuries to report here.  Bring on the Chester training!

• UluruUluru ✭✭✭

No injuries here either and my shin splints have completely gone image

• Should we start complaining we entered a race where our times were hidden we want our times secret (except on the photo website lol)

Very happy with this have now added the time to my runbritain handicap!!!!

• lol

Happy they have sorted this out

Can't believe how close my age group was, 3 and 4th vet 50 finishers were directly behind me.

• Finally found a moment to check back in, and wow, you all did brilliantly! I was at the finishing line for about 2 hours just where the medals and goody bags were being given out, and probably saw a few of you without realising.  And I shared in the experience of getting absolutely drenched in that huge downpour!

Well done everyone, a lot of great stories here.  Am already signed up for next year, hopefully I'll be running, not transferring my place and spectating.

Good luck with all of your future runs!