Milton Keynes 2014

Comments

• Blue lines are roads, red lines are 'redways' cycle /foot paths

• Ah thanks for clearing that up Andy image

• The weird hotchpotchy bit early on looks like it's round dual carriageways near the main shopping area. Presumably this is to rack up distance on the flat and to help cut out the underpass dips.

Those roads are pretty wide, so hopefully it should be pretty clear on the day. Just hope opportunists don't hop over central reservations and cut out long sections!
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Yes also wider roads they said as there are going to be more around earlier with the half and full all together, there are around 4500-5000 in total. 

• neil tneil t ✭✭✭

Three miles for me last night. Two miles tomorrow morning and then a lot of sitting! Weather looks fine and I'm very much looking forward to it.

hooe everyone is ready with gels, snacks, flip flops, old clothes, Garmin charged and everything almost prepared!

• This is crazy... I should be resting but can't sleep as I'm too excited about bashing out 26.2 miles tomorrow.  Can't wait!  

Is 5:30 too early to be playing the Rocky theme tune on full volume?

Hope everybody's feeling ready.

• Last run done this morning - 3 miles easy with strides. Now we wait!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Phil marshall imageimageimage

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Really shouldn't have taken the dog for a 12 miles walk yesterday,legs feel tired this morning,  and I've got sunburn before we begin! 

• Well that's it.

Let the wind be on everyone's back.

All the best everyone. If you see me in a blue "Swindon Shin Splints" shirt, give me a shout.

Don't forget to post your post match reports.

I'll see you on the other side.

• Feels weird waking up on a Sunday and having a race the next day.

All weekend my head's been struggling to comprehend that it isn't today.

But yeah, it's here-ish.

I'll be in a purple Liverpool Heart & Chest Hospital vest, clinging to Rosemary 4:30 for dear life.

Godspeed, fellow forumites...godspeed.
  • My first marathon tomorrow. i have done 6 halfs but this is the first big one for me. Just aiming to finish the same day I start - near 5 hours I will be delighted. If you see me in a bright orange McLaren top near the back give me a wave. Don't worry if I'm taking a 1 min walk break - I will still be having the time of my life.

Enjoy the day everyone.image

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Ohhh I have a bright orange McLaren t-shirt very out of date sponsors on it now image  

if my plans go slightly awry I'll be saying hello image 

• Don't forget to add sunscreen to Neil's list everyone! Sunny spells in the morning and 16 degrees. I caught the sun on my face yesterday despite it being quite chilly! 

I'm wearing a bright pink Adidas t shirt and a white cap with a dirty mark on the peak as forgot to put it in the wash lol. 

I'm off for a walk in the woods this morning and Sunday roast later image. This evening is for feet taping and kit packing! 

Butterflies!!

• Last run done before the big one. 3 miles easy and it felt good. Bag packed, few more gels to buy later and finish carbo loading. Going for a gentle walk in my local woods before rest.

Ill be wearing a st Albans Striders running vest bright yellow/blue, going to try and start with 3:30 group ( hope I dont regret that) although should really start with 3:45.

Good luck everyone, keep posting

• Yes thanks BT for mentioning about getting sunburnt yesterday, as Emjay says has reminded me to put suncream on the 'to pack list'. 

Packing will be done later this afternoon, easy day today with my new best friend 'carb loading'. 

Might see you around Stephen if you begin with 3:30 group image

• The best of luck everyone and enjoy every minute of it all - even those painful last few miles! All the horrid training in the wind and rain will be worth it!

I am going to try starting with the 3:45 group and I will be wearing a white Victa charity t shirt that has my name on it. 

See you all tomorrow!

• neil tneil t ✭✭✭

did someone turn on the heating?! suntan lotion is a good idea!

good luck everyone. Scott/Stephen - may see you potentially (probably better for your sakes if I didn't!). I'm going to set out at 8:15 min/mile (3:37 pace) as I'm just not confident about going at the limit for my first marathon. Might need to hang on, might feel strong, who knows!

I'll be wearing a pink rose and stood underneath a lamppost... oh, no, that's a different forum...

I'll be wearing a bright orange t-shirt and silly orange sunglasses image

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Just remember the last six Miles are fun, if your hurting smile and enjoy it, this is what you've trained for,.

love it image

• Time for an afternoon nap at the hotel in MK. Hoping to tag on to the 4:30 group tomorrow. As everyone has said , enjoy all of it. Hopefully good support to help us through that last 10k.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

The stadium finish is awesome image that makes it a fun day image 

• Enjoy your run tomorrow everyone. I'm "only" doing the half so hopefully will be able to cheer some of you home!

• Yeah hopefully I won't see you Neil, and I mean that in the nicest wayimage Can't wait of the stadium finish image will make it all worthwhile

• Good luck everyone!  Have a great run.  We will be running a stall in the stadium concourse for anyone to join the organ donor register.  Please come and say hello and sign up.  

It costs nothing and could save 9 lives.  A cause very close to my heart ... www.igiveyoumyheart.org

See you on the start line!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I hope unlike me you are all fast asleep image night xxx 

no 762 (I think?) 

• Rise and shine MK-ers. Hope you managed to get some shut-eye Booktrunk.

High temp of 17 now on the cards for today.
  • Bit late to be up booktrunk- hope your feeling okay this morning image

Yeah its going to be a hot one thats for sure, number 569!

Best of luck to everyone, lets do this

• I've got the shits. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay.
  • That's good Ivor, get it out the system now!!!!! Hopefully see you in the 4:30 group