Options

Endure24 24 hour team Relay

13»

Comments

• Options

morning mike!

Yup after the heat knocked me for 6 this weekend nervous is about where im at!

BBC weather indicates that we should expect a bit of light rain - might be welcome and suck a bit of heat from the event!

Yup its a pain having to check facebook all the time but im still hopeful for something on the solo catering front! My Dads coming down and wil stay in overnight with the kids so the wife can hopefully being something warm at some point otherwise i'l be feasting on the usual mix of sugar via gels and drink and fats through mini sausages and mini scotch eggs lol, whatever works eh!! image

When will you do your last run Mike? Im thinking i will do a rather slow 10/11 on Tuesday and that'll probably be it other than cycling to work.

• Options

hey paul

did my last run over a week ago.  trying to give my calf muscles as much time as possible to knit back together... lots of frozen peas and foam rollering.  only traning now is non-impact cardio at the gym.

going with a similar fuel strategy - sugar, sugar & sugar - with some mini sausages, cereal bars and rice balls thrown in.  Recommend warm stuff for the night shift, it got really cold last year, went through a lots cups of tea...

• Options

Hi Mike,  makes sense not to run again this close  - id forgotten about your calves going last week!

Im going to have a full thermos of sugary tea for the night and will probably change into a coule of other layers as the colder hours approach. The only thing im not sure about with clothing (assuming the rain is not too bad) is whether to take leggings! Hoping to get away with a couple of changes of shorts and then probbaly 4 or 5 top changes as and when!

• Options

Good luck all, espec to Mr FM.  I'm disappointed to be working "on-call" this weekend.  I'll come down at some point Saturday to cheer you on though. image

• Options

You guys are all mental, but I admire your enthusiasm and commitment. I'll be there with a mixed team of 8, just hoping to get round 4 or 5 times. Your exploits should inspire me to greater heights!

Good luck everyone.

• Options

Some of my friends will be doing the same as you Jonno, but they'll be drinking beer in between times!!  Who knows how the later laps will go.....image

• Options

Good call Andy, surely a swift half at about 3 in the morning wont do any harm surely and possily the other half at about 6 image Purely for the painkillig aspects of the grain!!

• Options

beer is a good provider of carbs.  could do a pint whilst on a walking lap, might spill otherwise image

will definately be having a few beers sunday afternoon!!!

• Options

This time tomorrow folks we will be off...

• Options

hopfully thats 1 lap done by this time tomrrow!

Have you been down to the site yet?

Im hoping to get down and register later! nerves kicking in big time now!!!

• Options
    Good luck all, especially my fellow soloists!! See ya out there
  • Options

Good luck everyone! Have a fun time!

i'm number 161 and will be starting waaaayyyyyyy at the back image

• Options
    What a great event and atmosphere! Went to support between 4 and 6 yesterday (the sunny bit!).

This event is definitely Glastonbury for runners.....
  • Options

Well.......

all I can say is I'm completely destroyed, absolutely 100% spent!

great event, great great event but that mud was horrendous! Will be praying to the weather gods next year!

was great to chat loads of people! mike it seems as though we chatted to each other a few times and I didn't event know! Think my wife and yours were chatting. Fair bit! How did you do?

i was over the moon with 21 loops! The last lap was hell, tried to run but couldn't do more than 3 or 4 steps without right knee and left foot causing agonising pains lol! First time I've had anything go wrong like that!!

anyways, I'm enjoying a post race wine now whilst I'm still awake!

tale care all!

• Options

Fantastic run Paul. I managed 8 laps, so huge respect to your achievement. When I look back at photos of the mud I find it unbelievable that we ran through it. Wear your special t-shirt with pride.

• Options
    Ow ow ow. Damn that was tough. Only managed 17laps. But in the quagmire of a course, I was happy with that. Body broken, legs weren't meant to go through that much in 24hrs without a break... Struggled to walk afterwards, little better this morning.

Excellent work paul, 21laps, awesome. Yep, we swapped pain stories.
  • Options

What an amazing event. Having never done anything like this before I loved the camaraderie of it all. Our team (Jonno's joggers) managed 34 laps between us with everyone completing at least 3 laps. We were over the moon with that.

Not sure I've got the endurance bug just yet, but I thought it was a brilliant event and well organised.

Congrats on every one of you solo guys - hats off to you running around in that mud all night. I'm sure there were some bleak moments out there at some point during the 24 hours, so well done for getting through it.

• Options

Well what a 24 hours that was. I was part of a team of six. We all loved it and are signing up again next year. I did a mere 5 laps but happy with thatimage

The weather made it all the more challenging. It was a lovely social race everyone talking to each other and support from everyone was amazing. Meet so many great folks out there in the mud, rain and not forgetting the thunder and lighting. 

Solo runners you are all awesome. 

Until next year guys.

• Options

Two days after, how's everyone recoving?? I'm finally able to go up & down stairs normally again image 

That was an enjoyable weekend. Never been so shattered, physically & mentally. The mud really made a big difference, I can break bricks on my quad muscles now...

A big well done to everyone who took part, and big thanks to the organisers & marshalls (big shout out to the electric fairy taking pics at the Watering Hole). Cheers to all the encouragement en-route (I was the bandana beardy bloke ploding along in the bright yellow/green/black shorts & luminous green calf sleeves...)

One query: how come the race tees weren't by Mizuno as they sponcered the event??

• Options

Hi ya mike!

Like you, i can get up and down stairs now and i can drive so had no excuse to miss work and take another day off today lol!

My left knee is stil shot so im hoping it just needs a few more days, think thats about the worst of it!

Still cant believe its all over and done with! Seemed to come and go really quickly although im sure i wasnt feeling that on the night!!

Hope we get a sunny one next year! Cant wait!

• Options
    Good link fjb. I'm actually in this one...