The 2014 Outlaw feedstation/supporters thread

Comments

• Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Mrs BM and the junior mushrooms (after swim)
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Nurse Ratched (after swim)

Trogs, will the post-swimmers arrange to share a car?  I'd be happy to drive. (On condition someone chucks a bacon roll and a mug of coffee in my general direction when I get out of the water image !)

Also, I'm assuming the feedstation gang are usually back at HP in time to clap politely at the runners?

• Nursey, i'm sure it can be arranged for those watching/doing the swim to car share up to the feedstation.

re getting back, i guess this will depend on which feedstation we get given, last year we we were at the 16/75 mile mark. So we were the first and second from last. We saw the last riders through, tidied up and were back at HPP before the first winner had crossed the line, in fact quite a lot of pirates hadn't started the run by the time we got back

• Hopefully I'll be doing the running for Nursey and Rafiki, but if it all goes tits-up then I'll do the feed station as it's a good laugh

and I can still see it image

• Will the feed station definitely be on the bike course?

I'm doing the bike leg of a relay, so if the feed station is still up by the time I'm finished, I'll mosey down to help out.

I realise this is only likely to be any use if the pirates are manning a feed station on the run, but the offer is there anyway.

• we always do the bike station feedstation......you will be more use making sure I have a cool beer when i finish image

• I remember when the girls from Hooters did one of the run feedstations

( . ) ( . )

• Thanks for adding me M..o.use , no worries about being late to the list image

I have camping stoves and tents if required - used to work for Camingaz so comes in handy. 

Also can lift share coming from Wiltshire if anyone else in area heading north ?

• For those wondering about where we will be, I've already put in a request to be the same bike feedstation all things being equal to last year or to be an early feedstation on the bike course if it changes.  This is following the information I received from Carl that he has also always requested the same.  I got the impression last year that we preferred to be up early and back on site later to cheer people on.  

Obviously we won't get any sort of confirmation of this in January, as they have bigger priorities right now, but I will let you know as soon as I know.  

Awesome re Teapot One and the stoves, FF.  Coolio, Red Stripe, the stoves were really useful and we had tea/coffee on the go a lot so I know having one more will be very useful.  Thank you very much.

• Just putting Red Stripe and Soupy back on the list

Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon

• Mrs SAMrs SA ✭✭✭

Its a "No" from us.

• Oh no! You will be much missed. 

• A definite maybe from me - I'd love to do it and pay back for the fab support I got in 2012 but time / distance / possible commitments all need to be confirmed first....

Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon
    Podds (if at all possible)

• Thanks Trogs and Podds.

I've heard from Outlaw again.  There are no planned changes to the bike course so we we will be as we were last year.  Feedstation 1 and 5.  Quite useful as we know that we have space for a few cars behind the van.

• Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon
    Higher Leap

• Assuming I've not been hit by a bus in the interim...

Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon
    Higher Leap
    Ferret

• H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

I've not planned that far ahead yet but if possible then I'd love to come and support.

Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon
    Higher Leap
    Ferret
    Honk (maybe)

• I'm taking part but Mrs Cheggers & the two Children Cheggers (they're both old enough to be useful) would be happy to help. We're assuming that they're not committed to being there all day though.

Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon
    Higher Leap
    Ferret
    Honk (maybe)
    Mrs Cheggers & 2 Children Cheggers

• Absolutely.  Those with athletes racing usually see their family out of the water and then leave in time to see them back in off the bike.  Mrs Chegger and the children will be very welcome for as much time as they would like to be there for.

• I am thinking I might come and join you lot if I have the time that is, it sounds like a right laugh. Could someone tell me more about what's involved like where we sleep and stuff. 

cheers dudes.

• Trotter,
    if it's like previous years the bulk of the volunteers will be camping at the camp site adjacent to the venue (the year I volunteered we had vouchers to cover the cost of camping).  

At daft O'Clock on the Sunday morning we travel over to the location of the feed station.  Gazebos and tables need erecting, a gazillion bottles need filling with water and energy drink and bananas need cutting up.  We then spread out over 50 - 75 metres ready to hand stuff to the cyclists (there will be a pre-arranged order of handing out drinks/gels/bananas).  Some people will be kept back to pick up discarded bottles and make up more energy drink if needed.  After some time someone from the organisers will appear with some packed lunch.  Once the last cyclists are through everything needs packing away and we can then scoot off to cheer the competitors on the run course.

• That sound like a good day like, I am doing wales so would be good to get a feel for the events. Are you helping out this year? How do I go about putting my name down.
  • just say now and you will be added to the list...a great way to meet people.we stay at the campsite.no need to book unless you require electric hookup.....

a brilliant weekend.

• H0NKH0NK ✭✭✭

Trotter, another thing is they ussually have swim events on the saturday which I believe helpers can get free entry to. so you can still get some training in for Wales too.

• Sounds like a plan then even tho a don't know anyone count me in. The swim has swung it for me. Will someone contact me with details? 

• just follow this thread and all the details will be there closer to the event image

its in nottingham at the end of July image

• Can you put myself and Horse on the list, I had a great time last time I did it, even with my gammy leg, I promise I will be more mobile this time image

• Gutted, sorry folks but racing at Castle Howard that day

• Volunteers
    Meldy
    Mouse
    Little Sister
    Teapot One (after swim)
    Pingu (not sure yet)
    Magna Carter (maybe)
    Duda (maybe)
    M and Ms & Mrs M and Ms
    Mr Stoat
    justplodon
    Trogs (after swim)
    Red Stripe
    Soup Dragon