Mizuno Reading Half Marathon

Got my race pack already. Incredible! Who's in?

Comments

• I'm in, not got my race pack yet but starting to get excited about it alreadyimage How has your training being going Johnny?

• I'm in.

This race will be my 100th Half-Marathon! image

Not got my pack yet though.

• I'm in. Only my 2nd half. I'm looking forward to it. It's more to work out where I am with my training for London marathon, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. It's come round quickly.

100 halfs, that's impressive Andy!
  • I'm in for this one. Not a huge fan of the Reading since they started increasing the numbers and overcrowding it. Haven't done it for a few years because there have been other races on the same day that I liked more. But not this year for some reason so I might as well ... local event and all that.

Well done Andy on the 100 (you've discounted that time several years back when I ran Reading under your name I hopeimage)

I've done well over 100 races but not sure how many are halfs. Must count the gongs some time.

• I got my race pack today! Only decided to run the other week...

• Thanks Jack

Muttley wrote (see)

Well done Andy on the 100 (you've discounted that time several years back when I ran Reading under your name I hopeimage)

Thanks you Muttley - 2007 is not on my list.  There were a couple of years around that time when I didn't take part in any half-marathons due to work commitments.
    Counting your medals could take some time with the volume you have image

• I'm in but haven'r received my pack yet image i'll give it a few more days then contact the organisers if it hasn't arrived

• Mine has now arrived. 

Splodge - I think they stagger the posting over a couple of weeks. I'm surprised to receive mine this early!

• I ran Reading for the first time time last year.

Good points was the medal,stadium finish,atmosphere,local support was great even with the terrible rain.But a big plus for me was the pace setters and the reason im back again this year.At the time I was just over 1hr 40 for PB.so I ran with the 1hr 40 guy.Good encouragement from him and a small group ran together with him.But I found it too easy all round and broke away when the stadium was just in sight.I should of ran with the 1hr 35 group to push myself.

Since then I got a PB after a few more halfs of 1hr 33.So my goal is to crack 1hr 30 at Reading and I will be running with that group this year.

Got Wokingham half in February but im using it as a warm up for Reading, where im going for it image.

• Hi all

Yeah pacesetters are great unless you get stuck in human traffic jam behind them.

Since I've started a temp job where I can run-commute my running's come on great - was always a problem fitting in all those easy runs before. I'm not really sure where I am pace wise but I'm hopeful of getting my Reading PB if not a half PB - this will be my 6th Reading in a row. I love it and I know it has a few issues but for my money it's one of the best major races out there - and although it doesn't have the same hype I'd say the crowds are equal to the Great North Run.

• I have my number, not sure if I can run though image three weeks off running due to injury! Had first run today, fingers crossed I'm on the mend . 

• If anyone has a spare place they want to sell then let me know
  • Just a heads up that car park tickets are available. 

• Really looking forward to the race i am doing the wokingham half on 9th feb just hoping for good weather.staying at caversham bridge .hope it will be east to get to the start Dennis the old codger

• To dennis,just walk 5 mins down the road to Reading train station and I think the free shuttle buses leave from infront to take you to the stadium.See you at Wokingham !

• great thanks very much i have booked at premier inn .i know howvto live the high life

• I consider Premier Inn upmarket!

So Reading veterans, what's your favourite part of the course?

I'd ask least favourite but that is obvious!

• Me - I love the underpass with the drummers the best

• The stadium finish...but the finish is the best of every run image!

Is there a 1:55 pacer? As would love to get under 2hr and sticking with 1:55 can then drop to find the 2 hr pacer if too fast...

• Paula I am taking the 2:00:00 pace team and my running mate will be doing the 1:55:00 so you have a great choice! Just join us on the start line and get a PB.

we normally run through the "traffic" so if you do run with a pacer you might suffer less with the crowds but as always it just depends on the day.  

I also know of a spare place if anyone needs one. Please PM me. 

• can i walk from premiere inn at caversham bridge to the start .?

• I don't see why not but I do think there are free buses from the station.

• Dennis,too far man.Save your energy for the race.!

• o k the bus wins thanks

• Dennis the walk to the station will take you 15/20 mins then get the free bus. No way would you want to walk the whole distance. 

• p.s thanks Bedders will look out for you and your mate....so want to get a PB of sub 2 hr!!

• Be happy when this weather calms down - training has been a nightmare!!

• amen to that i was all ready for Wokingham half this week end ,but sadly this was cancelled on Friday. Things can only get better

• With the weather this week apaprently going to be more or less the same as last week, does anyone know if there is any risk of Reading being cancelled?

• I'm doing this half mathon. I've doe it before afew times, so has the root changed? I'm sure it wont be canelled, It's a few weeks away yett. Hoe not anyway, as I've been training hard for this one, lol.