Race The Train Cotswolds

SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭
This event has been canceled. I've just had my money refunded. Poor effort really.

Comments

• you had your money refunded.that was good service by them......the majority of races i have seen do not refund if its cancelled...

i think you are lucky..why do you think its poor effort

• I have to say I agree with Seren, most race cancellations recently have been no refunds as the money has usually been outlayed ... I think you have not been treated so badlt

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

It does seem small-minded to call getting your money back a 'poor effort'

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with the others. Getting your money back is an excellent effort.
  • SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I thought it was a poor effort at promoting the event. It was cancelled because they didn't put any effort into promoting it. Yes, I have had races cancelled and no refund, but that was for holes in the road, extreme weather, etc. We've all had those, and that's part and parcel of paying in advance. But those were out of the hands of the organisers. The lack of interest by the organisers in this event is shown by it still appearing here as available, even though it has been cancelled. That's a poor effort, as it only requires an email to Runners World.

So. yes. poor effort. What else can it be called? If they had cancelled and kept the money that would have been fraud, because there was nothing preventing the race from going ahead. So refunding was a legal requirement not a good service. 

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

SilkTork PM-ed me.  He says I have misunderstood him, and asked me to revise my statement.

SilkTork wrote (see)
    This event has been canceled. I've just had my money refunded. Poor effort really.

He did not mean that having his money refunded was a poor effort.  I apparently misunderstood that.  He meant something else entirely.  Despite not mentioning anything else at all in his post. 

So I hope that is all clear!

• SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭

Thanks. Apology accepted.