MBNA Chester Marathon 2014

1192021222325»

Comments

• I'm in Costa Teguise but there's lovely paths along the beach for miles... I think.
  • There is a video but it's just a short clip of you finishing the race down the home straight. Not sure it's worth the extra ??15...
  • £17.99 for a 30second video clip of the finish? I don't think so somehow. That actually is ridiculous. 

As always with these things, they're just too pricey. If you could download a single image for a fiver I bet an awful lot of people would do just that. Make it £18 and most won't bother. Surely they would make more by lowering the prices but what do I know. 

• Reckon you could be spot on !  

Not done anything since Sunday yet but have been on bike in gym before yoga class Tuesday was really hoping to do 20 mins easy on treadmill tomorrow but have been told not to run until end of week.  As was my first marathon and all new to me has anyone any advice as to what I should be doing run wise over next few weeks ?

• I did a light exercise bike session on Monday and ran Tuesday but easy running only with the club. Legs are feeling pretty good again now, although I won't be doing anything hard for a couple of weeks. Foam roller tonight and I'll be running again tHe next few days, keep the blood flowing. Once you master recovery running the benefits are fantastic. 

• I did a run with my works running club. They had a hill session. Great image Then had tennis training. Out tomorrow running as i need to improve my pace for a 10k in two weeks.

My friend also told me a marathon, especially first time, breaks down the body's immune system and i can expect colds and flus for six months. Any truth? Ive managed to catch a cold yesterday.

• Thanks, legs feel ok now and feel ready for easy couple of miles will def give it a go. Massage tomorrow as well.

• I'll go for a run if I'm not hungover after holiday drinking!
  • I will and have been since Monday. That kept me going after about mile 18!
  • McTamus, I've heard that about colds but it didn't happen to me after my first one in March. Makes sense to my logical brain though. I'm more at risk as well right now as taking immuno-suppresants to clear my psoriasis so I can get my abdominoplasty done.

Heather, I followed advice last time and didn't run until the Saturday after the marathon though in March I did a spin class on the Monday night right after the race the day before with no ill-effects. This time I have done kettlebells on Tuesday, decided to jib spin as was just feeling all-round tired. Am going out for my first run on Saturday of about ten miles with no interest in the pace just for once. Worked last time.

• Thanks guys, did a 20 min easy run this morn followed by a few weights and abs, feel much better for doing it as feeling a bit lost with no plan to follow now. Going to ease the mileage back up to around 10 miles slowly over next couple of weeks while deciding what to do next.

Good luck with abdominoplasty Saintbarca hope you get great results.

• I'm full of a cold at the moment so not running. I would normally give myself a week or so off anyway.

My legs feel fine again. I think they have been since yesterday so i'm pleased about that. Looking for another run to fit in between now and Brighton Half in Feb.

Good luck from me too Saintbarca for your abdominoplasty.

• Thanks Heather & Liz. Things you have to do when you allowed yourself to become too fat. Used to look like "Big Vern" from Viz Comic if you've seen it (or Google it).

• Lol at 'Big Vern'. Used to love the Viz.

• Did 20 mins on hotel treadmill but I was bored sh1tless doing it and sweating like nowt on earth. Might have a trot tomorrow... pina colada anyone?

quick question, where is the link to the video of the finish of the marathon? Is it on the email with the results or somewhere else?
  • Evenin Lord Boz , it's on Marathon photos. You can follow the link from the email and when your photos come up above your pics it says photos with amount  taken also says video at side .......warning .....don't get too exited image In fact I'd have another piña colada before viewing !!!

• I've seen myself finishing races before. It reminds me I have a very small leg lift. I kinda shuffle at speed! My pics don't look as bad as they've been before. The Mrs had a go at me saying my pics always look like I've been shot so some of them I look like I'm having the time of my life!

Is it wrong I'm looking at the Greater Manchester marathon for April and thinking.... maybe I might?
  • Haha the very same thought had crossed my mind !  Going to give myself a couple of weeks before making any decision on Manchester. Also want to try ballot for NY but if don't get in will def enter Chester again image