Sunday 23rd March 2014

Er
Nighty Night

Got me bike done on a different saddle,  Fizik A-something. It felt hard in the shop, the shape is fine, but over 20 plus miles it didn't say "baby I'm yours for the next 100". I wanted to try the Selle Italia SLR, but that's still out.

Sunday: minimum is a swim later.

Good luck to any racers, long runners, interval geeks, or velodrome loons.

Comments

• Morning

Rest day, but been out walking with Geordie as he needed !

Coffee and catch up

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics were Believe In Me by The Pierces.

Nice riding Gobi.

Go well OH and chickadee.

Dibs - a sprint isn't very challenging per se, an hour or so of continuous exercise, but if you want to race it then it's an hour of going as hard as you can so you'd need to be doing lots of sprints/intervals/threshold work to build on your endurance base.

What:              bike time/ probably turbo
    Why:               I have a tri ten weeks after VLM/weather
    Last hard:       working out how I can get bike fit in the time available
    Last rest:        20/3

Lyrics - think so.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Bright sun and blue skies in Callanderimage

what: 1st marathon of 2014

why: why not

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Intermittent rain/sun but permanently windy.

Lyrics: no

Dibs: there are plenty of shorter races (10k/5k) about, including evening ones, in most areas as the lighter nights arrive. These may fit well with your sprint tri training. I would maintain the weekly long run of 75 to 90 mins, or more, though.

What: unsure
    Why: going to watch Wilmslow half, plus a calf is giving me a bit of niggle.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all

What 21.5

Why final proper LSR

Lyrics no.

OH best of luck today, we used to holiday in Strathyre which I think is in that area.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed this morning. A bit on the chilly side and the mp efforts just weren't happening probably due too yesterday's faster bits. 

Anyway, bring on the taper.

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Morning fit people...go well competitors and LSR tyoe people
    Lyrics: Thinks so
    What: Maybe a wee plod
    Why: Feeling a bit better but not 100%
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Last Hard: Wednesday
    Lurgy is neck up so should be fineimage

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

All the best, OH, cracking morning for it.

Nice mileage, postie, enjoy the taper.

20 miles for me this morning, comfortable run in 2:41:17.  Great to do a long run just because, with no marathon planned.  Very scenic, sunny morning, cold at times but lovely! 

Lyrics, it's a yes from me! image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Postie another long run, well done

Today was meant to be Hastings Half Marathon. Its still going ahead but without me. Decided to be sensible

so

What: 5.1 miles non stop (with exception of road crossings)
    Why to run nom stop
    Last Hard: that was I suppose
    Lyrics Don't  be daft

If I can do another 9 miles  that will beat my best  monthly total of last year image I love my stats

• StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Dibs/Blisters and anyone else:
    Unique run over Severn Bridge this August (Half-mara) and if you are around/close could be a fun/interesting one to do as a first/one off!

http://www.severnbridgehalfmarathon.co.uk/

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

What: 1 hr bike, 20Km mark at 47.39mins. On a stationary bike.. so probs not that accurate. Then some strength training for another 30 mins.

Why: I now have the time and wanna be competitive at the tri.

Lyrics: nope

LMH- Yea I want to be competitive. I have looked at last years times and reckon I can be up there. Swim time at the moment for 400m is about 9:30mins, 20Km bike I can do under 55mins I reckon and run 5km in 25-30mins.

Blisters: Indeed I am Bristol/Bath at the moment!! Great place to run image

Stracycelt- oohhhh!! I will be stationed at North Devon in August, but this could defo be worth a trip back!

Thinking of doing the swansea HM in July, my folks with be around there at that time, 2 birds 1 stone and all. 

Did some strength training today, trying to focus on getting the glut medius on and working properly. Here is hoping! 

Have a great day all!!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya, 
    Stray - yeah I saw that race, we have friends near Brizzle so am tempted.
    well done to the long runners , not long now before marathons!
    what - attempted a longish run today, aimed for a couple of hours after recent hamstring issues, so happy enough with 13.8 in 1h52. Bizarre conditions, brilliant sunshine to start, overcast and horizontal sleet for the last 2 miles...Sunny again now so will get some gardening done.
    why - trying to maintain some kind of fitness. Reluctant to enter longer races at the moment as can'r guarantee an uninterrupted spell of training. Optimistic I'll get to do Giants Head again (end June), but will give it a few more weeks first
    last rest - Thursday
    last hard - today
    lyric - sound familiar.

• Afternoon all,

• What:  1hr off-road
    • Why:  just getting out
    • Last Hard:  N/A
    • Last Rest:  Yesterday

Have a good one!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

What: 6.91k, effectively a fartlek
    Why: watching Wilmslow half. Blustery, but largely dry, although the later finishers (and officials) will have been hit by a big hail storm. Saw Clink, formerly of this parish, a couple of times and she seemed to be going reasonably well.

Watching Spurs now: Wabo won't be happy at present, although probably not as unhappy as the Fulham fan.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Hi guys. Bit of a shit race for me in 1:36 :-/ I knew it was not a PB course (all off road, narrow pathways and lots of sharp bends) but a bit quicker would have been nice. My body had its own plans though and refused to co operate. Legs wouldn't turn and HR averaged 155 which is closer to MP effort than HMP. Strange... But hey, I came 2nd lady and first old biddyimage. Onwards and upwards as they say. Two years ago I would have happily killed my parents for a time that felt reasonably easy today.

Hope OH had a good one image
  • Sorry to hear that the time wasn't what you were hoping for chickadee but congratulations on the placing! Did you get some bling?

I thought you were doing Wilmslow Half for some reason postie. How are you feeling about VLM now?

Glad you're feeling better SC.

How is the knee and how are your hips feeling Dibs?

Good long run Donaldo.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: paced 37.30 at Eastleigh for someone I coach plus a few miles

Bike at some point......

Why: she asked me to

Last hard: yesterday at the TT

Last rest: Sunday 16th Feb

Lyrics: No

Chicka - you can't go to the well every race and you got a good end result position wise
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Chick- Ahh, that time is AMAZING! and second overall? C R I K E Y!! well done! Photos?

LMH- Knee is still a bit sore at time (usually down stairs) I think I tweaked my medial patella lig when I twisted oddly a week or so ago. RICE when sore etc. Hips.. hard to tell, I have been really trying to be more mindful of my glutes (hehe) and that MIGHT be helping.. not sure.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Ale - our result was expected.... but not by that much.... at least it could be worse.... could be Arsenal....

What - 1 Hour
    Why the time I had before Eastleigh 10k started - watching and taking some pics
    Last hard - Every run at present
    Last Rest - All last week

Good to watch Jnr and Mrs RFJ and Gobi in my transferred number all running well

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

RFJ: I think Wabo will be happy now!

• Well done Tek - a PB's a PB image

Great placing Chickadee! image

Good long run Dustin

cracking day for a long run donaldo

Loch Katrine marathon completed but slower than last year and almost DNFed

... More later

Garmin played up so no time yet but I think just over the 5h markimage

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys image

LMH: just a medal for bling but 2nd lady got me a month's free gym membership (will come in handy in winter) and prize for the old biddy category was a towel :-S

Well done OH for finishing and Gobi for pacing image
  • Well done racers, especially Chickadee for the podium placement and the haul of goodies, and Tek for the PB. Well worthy of mention was Donaldo's 20 miler, tabbed out at 8m/m.

I got up this mornign to a lovely day, with time to spare, so tabbed out 8 miles at 8m/m. Hammy was still there, but caused no issue other than reminding me not to push it.

Swimming shortly.

• In case I don't get back to this fred, lyrics were Robbie Williams, "Old before I die". Yes I know it's a bit modern for me.

Swimming was good, I led the lane 4 from start to finish. Considering where I started from I feel entitled to one of those "Proud Dad" moments.

• LMH- if I can pace 6:20 then I may be in with a chance of ultimate goal. 6:30 will give me a slim pb. Anything over 7:20 puts me in danger of getting cogdered by my brother!

That Severn Bridge half looks interesting though I may be up in the land of no internet that weekend.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Chickadeee on the Podium and Tek for the PB, good day = happy day image