Loch Ness marathon 2014

Comments

• Well done Helga - you miles ahead of me (literally!).

Take it  easy Jokeyhoy - I wouldn't ramp up to 5 times a week if you are still having niggle?

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

13.5m run then home for breakfast then out with OH and my Labrador for a 4h 40m walk image so over 40km covered in 7 plus hours today. If I manage to get my arse out of bed and run 11m tomorrow I'll have ran 100m in the last two weeks, along with about 25 m plus walking

• MacPerky, funny you should mention The Glenlivet as I've just opened a(nother) bottle of the 12yr  Old - currently my session dram of choice image

BT, your cranking up the mileage right now, what's your fav dram then? (just in case). Remember your injury prone going over 50 miles a week so take it steady.

Helga, sounds like a good start to your training and nice and early as well image I should be ending week 2 of my 21 week plan but lazyitus means I've already had 5 rest days image

Folks, age is relative... it's just that I feel relatively old image

Did another HADD test today, 8.43 miles in 1.6 mile intervals. Good news is compared to 1st Jan my 70%AHR pace over 1.6 miles has gone from 10:52 down to 9:13 (99 seconds/mile faster) - if only LN was run on the treadmill lol .

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Andi hehe, normally Laguvallin, or Talisker.

don't worry I think your money is safe image my spelling cannot cope with trying to spell whisky names image 

your base fitness is immense image I think you will just jump from 4:40s to 4:10s in one big leap. Also it's good that you are getting a decent rest in before you start going for it. Let the batteries recharge. 

I wish MK was now, so annoyed that I had my chest infection. About to go out will not go far, but will be my best ever back to back effort weeks wise, and I feel i'd do a lot better showing at a marathon now as opposed to just after my chest infection. 

• Lordy, this thread has been doing 4min/m pace since I last popped in!

Did a lovely 11 miles yesterday, although the cooling breeze on the way out felt gale-force in my face on the way back. I did have a wee shouty swear 

And my feet hated me because I then put them in my best stripper shoes for a night out image

• Thanks Andi, here's hoping I keep it up. A nice steady 5 mile run this morning in the sun.

• Helga - I ran 5 miles today as well ,, go us image
  • Where are well all in the world, I am in Helensburgh

• I'm down in the South-West in Bath

• I'm in Dumfries, SW Scotland.

• We need a map with pins! I'm in Aros, Isle of Mull.

Nurses Uniform, Stripper Shoes - sure your posting in the right thread? Forum evenimage

10 painful miles today so lets hope things get better image

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

I live in a village just outside Glasgow.

330 or Bust - Did you run the Helensburgh 10k on Thursday? Good wee event that one.

I did a trail 10km at Lochwinnoch this morning. It was good fun and the post-race cakes were awesome.

• I was born in Dumfries, live in The Borders, and think Aros is a really beautiful place - you're very lucky. I spent a lot of time in Tobermory in my yoof. 

Nurses uniforms these days aren't exactly stripper material!

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Andi: how come painful because of the speed or injury? 

• I'm from Glasgow , but I'm a nice person ,,

And I completed the Helensburgh 10km as well , I slapped Eggys arse near the end ,, but that doesn't make me a bad person ,, I think he liked it !
  •  

Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

lol image  Yup, Tob is a great place but I much prefer it in the Winter months when you can park your car in townimage

BT, I just think it was a hard run for me and was tired. I just realised either somebody broke in and drank my beer/drams last night or I now know why I was so de-hydrated today (hic).

• I'm from Elgin, and it's a lovely area to live. Sea and mountains . Did the Aberdeen 10K today and knocked 20 seconds off my time from 2 years ago. I'm going to celebrate with a large whisky.

• Eggyh

Ni I didn't do the 10k but was looking forward to the half in August but have been told (although I cant see anything on the website) its to be a 7 mile run this year

Unsure why but maybe because of the works on the front. They usually use the car park as race HQ but theres a lot of works going on. Hope its back next year

• I know what you mean Andi. I am running the Kirkcudbright half on Saturday and have decided to have no booze this week. If you knew me you would know how hard this will be for me, I do like a nice glass of wine with my dinner! 

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Scott the Walker wrote (see)
    I'm from Glasgow , but I'm a nice person ,,

And I completed the Helensburgh 10km as well , I slapped Eggys arse near the end ,, but that doesn't make me a bad person ,, I think he liked it !

That's the closest I've come to pulling this year. You've got to take what you're given!

330 - I was annoyed to find out the Helensburgh half isn't happing this year either. I was looking to use that as a Loch Ness training race and it's a lucky race for me as that's where I set my half PB.

• Looks like I'm the only non whisky drinker on the thread.

After my weekend run I have decided I need to buy a map! got a little lost and my 12 miles turned into about 14. 

• Hello folks another LN sign up here!

I'm getting a little nervous with all the plan talk already - I was going for a 16 weeker, so starting in early June!

9 miles yesterday in the (relative) warmth - trying to make the most of a route that will soon turn from fields into a housing estate image

• Don't drink the stuff wither Andy

• Whisky - loooooooove it

Chardonnay-induced rest day today image

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Scott:it feels similar to the niggles I had when I had itband issues.The fact I managed to finish paris is leading me to think it's maybe something not so serious,I'll see how the next week or so goes when I add an extra day or 2 to my training plans
  • I was born in Dumfries, live in The Borders, and think Aros is a really beautiful place - you're very lucky. I spent a lot of time in Tobermory in my yoof. 

• image Don't know how that happened!

• Nurse R - I think we get the drift , you're very proud of the fact , you were born in Dumfries etc image

I think ,,Sometimes when you don't log out , and come back on it resends your last message

JB - ramp it up slowly , listen to your body ,if it starts to feel strange cut back
  • JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Scott: I having serious thoughts about swapping Loch Ness for the Glasgow Half marathon.I really don't want to push myself too much and my last 2 marathons were both struggles due to not being ready.