Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon anyone?

Comments

• I'm entered for this but can no longer make it.  If anyone's interested in a reduced price entry, PM me and we can sort something out.

• OMG.... Tony the waiter, who could forget him(!) and that has certainly put a smile on my face image

I did my tour 92 while 96 starting off in Sorby Hall, which has long since vanished into rubble. I was still around frequently in 97' visiting people still in the area. I have lost count of the number of visits to said Balti King, mostly around 2am having dragged ourselves back from a night out at Shack / Pop Tarts. It seemed like an institution to many people; fox and duck, broomhill tavern, down to the union and back for a balti, oh happy days!

• image Rich in that case there is a very good chance we have met in the real world At bar one, Leadmill, drop, student nights at Roxy's ect.. drunk at some point and not realised it. image

• I'm doing this straight after a 12 hour nightshift. It won't be a PB attempt!image

• Richard you still may be able to transfer, email Elisa at rnrliverpool@competitorgroup.com There was a cut off date of the 15th April but its worth a shot as she was very helpful.

Not long to go now!  

• andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

i've just signed up - saw the RnR people at the Boston Marathon Expo and they made my mind up - should be a fun run - not sure if it will be a fast course - could possibly be windy on that home stretch. Now i have to decide if i need to wear my RnR clothes or serious running stuff image

• They are doing warm up runs every Sunday at Sefton Park in Liverpool if anyone lives close by. Ive not managed to get to one yet but hoping to, the comments on fbook have all been good.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Malc80-do you still have the place? I'm thinking of doing this now . 

AndyC- I ran Boston too and I know this won't be a pb attempt. 

• Malc80 I am also interested BUT I thought there was no transferring of a number or a refund.  I think you need to double check this with the organisers.

• does anyone know if there will be any runners world pacing teams involved in this one?

• Don't know if they are Runners World pacers but there are pacers.

• i've read a couple of times now that this is close to an 8000 sell out but if thats true it seems quite strange that this thread is so quiet especially with it being a marathon! if anyone knows of an official thread for this race thats popular then i'd be happy if you could show me because i can't find one!

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

Didn't they have a promotion at the end of last month where you got a free t-shirt if you referred a friend.  That would indicate they still have quite a few tickets to sell. 

My training has been ruined by a chest infection that I got after running a half at the start of April.  I got to 18 miles the week before the half and then wasn't able to run for almost 4 weeks.  Got back to it last week with 3 runs and managed a longish run of 12.5 today.  Will try and get up to another 18 miler at the weekend and leave myself with a 2 week taper, not ideal but running out of weeks image

• bev hartbev hart ✭✭✭

We doing run/walk on this one and training very low key! Did just over 17 miles on weekend and hopefully the atmosphere will carry us to the end! Did Manchester and doing Mablethorpe in october but just going to enjoy weekend in Liverpool!  I can't understand lack of forum interest and suspect that the run is nowhere near a sell out...

• andyc209andyc209 ✭✭✭

i don't think this will be close to being a sell out - too many other marathons have been already this spring and not really heard much about it in local press - my parents who live on Wirral did not even know it was on. Just hope it goes well and then maybe next year positive feedback will help get people to run it. 

Legs still a little stiff after the excursions in London and Boston - not done a lot of running over 8 miles since so hoping my two previous marathons will help carry me through as my long training runs. 

• A lot of the local runner's for liverpool who would normally be nattering and regular poster's probably won't be entering this one with rock n roll taking the marathon of runliverpool. Nothing underhand just runliverpool spent years working to get the marathon going and then the local authorithy took it off them and gave it to someone else when they realised there could be money for them.

Got to admit only reason I'm doing it is the missus wants to.

• 2Old wrote (see)

Malc80-do you still have the place? I'm thinking of doing this now . 

AndyC- I ran Boston too and I know this won't be a pb attempt. 

Terry Hindson wrote (see)

Malc80 I am also interested BUT I thought there was no transferring of a number or a refund.  I think you need to double check this with the organisers.

Double checked the t&c's and you can't transfer the place to anyone else or obtain a refund.

I can't make it in any event, so if either of you are looking for a reduced priced entry let me know and you can have it for 50% of the entry fee.

• ShazmoShazmo ✭✭✭

Andy209 - I did London & Boston too and am thinking of doing this one. I'm in Liverpool for the weekend, so it would be rude not to collect a bit of bling while I'm there.

There is a bit of race info on the organiser's FB page, but otherwise the info seems a bit lacking! I believe the course is a bit 'hilly' in the first half.

• If you can twist their arm for a name change I'm still interested. 

• i dont think the course is too hilly, i know parliament street at around half way is a bit steep but once thats out the way its mainly flat and downhill to the finish. I run down liverpool regular with my workmates who live down there and a warning in advance,if anyone from Liverpool is saying the course is hilly take it with a pinch of salt, slight inclines seem to be considered major climbs to themimage but seriously i dont think its as bad as some people are making out.

Cake- i know what you mean,as a regular runner of runliverpool events i know all the politics surrounding this 1 so i'm not even gonna go down those lines! just gonna enjoy this one after London,bring the mileage down after it,then get ready for Chester again in October

• Same here Boothy. It's going to be fun popping round Liverpool way always is. image

• bev hartbev hart ✭✭✭

What about the free beer at the end?? Got to take photo ID!! Bit of a pain...do they mean photo AND age proof or would workplace name badge do??

• lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

Hmm Beer! I'm in then!

Website aint that user friendly I agree but if you dig, you will find. Its lucozade sport and powerbar gels: http://rnr-uk.compgroup.netdna-cdn.com/files/2013/11/LIV14-Course-Support-Info.pdf and, the on-course bands have been announced: http://rnr-uk.compgroup.netdna-cdn.com/files/2014/05/RnR-Liverpool-2014-Bands-Line-Up.pdf

Party time!

• CheshercatCheshercat ✭✭✭

Not long now until the race and was wondering if the race packs are being sent out soon.   Not received mine yet and time is ticking along.

Hope all your training has gone to planned. 

• Race packs must be due to go out I'd have thought, no mention of it though.

Should be lively enough round the course with all the bands, not sure about the route in the first half (preferred the 'old' route of going through the tunnel image , but we won't go there).

First 6 or so mainly upwards but nothing steep & the only notable up in the 2nd half is Parliment st & that's early on & a short one. Just hope the wind is low as the last 3 or 4 miles back along the Prom will hurt a lot with a head wind.

Looking forward to it now.

• Elmswood Road at about 19 miles is a sizeable hill that has me scared!!!

• it is quite bad that race packs arent here yet,especially for a marathon. A lot of people travel from miles away for them and obviously would like to get everything prepared, i dont think people need the extra anxiety,especially if its their 1st.

Where is Elmswood road Reedy? ive run around sefton park area a few times and done the half a few times but dont recall any major hills around there

• lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

Elmswood is a left hander off Mossley Hill Dr; at that point we're done with Sefton Park; DJ Vicki Scott should give us a good send-off up the final rise of the course. It's actually North Sudley and Barkhill Roads that we'll climb, we turn onto those after a short romp along the flat base of Elmswood. It's just over 1km of steadily rising incline, looking at the course profile an acent of approx 25m; about a quarter of the way up there is a Lucozade sport station. The good news is that once over the top there are no more real climbs on the course; if you have the legs you can strike for home over the remaining 6 miles. The only possible challenge to come, as previously mentioned, could be the headwind along the exposed run-in along the waterfront...lets hope for a nice cool calm day.