Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon anyone?

123457»

Comments

• ADGADG ✭✭✭

chip time, I was in the group so I checked their numbers and times from the pics,  3 45 07  3 45 01. I know they were on course for 3 42 and slowed it down a bit in the last couple of miles. I did 3 48 14 and pb'd by a minute and half.

I think they did an excellent job, pushed me all the way, they slowly pulled away in the last mile.

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Hi Rock n rollers!

I did the Half and thought it was great except for the long queue at 'gear check'

On the subject of pacers, the sub 2 guy insisted on doing about 8:40 pace and when someone eventually pointed out to him that he should be doing 9 minute miling he apparently said, 'I can't run that slow!' image He was also seen walking towards the end so I assume he was trying to lose a few minutes that way instead.

Will be back next year. Never been to Liverpool before and loved it image

Not so happy about the dead cat so will steer clear of the marathon imageimage

• regarding the cat there was a man and woman stood 15 yards away from it supporting,i actually said could you cover it please,by the sounds of it,they didnt!

• lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

I've had an e-mail from the organisers asking to complete a survey; hope everyone that gets it gives feedback; if they fix the glitches this will be an awesome yearly event. Gives you a discount code at the end for £3 off entry to any RnR event.

I hear the cat woke up around 3pm with the mother of all hangovers, muttered "I must stop doing that creme de menthe challenge" and crept slowly back down to The Cavern for that evening's entertainment.

So far I've never run the same event twice; I have run Liverpool before in 2011, but didn't count this year as "the same marathon" given the change in route etc. I'm sorely tempted to enter next year's now at the reduced rate for early birds and use my discount code!