London Marathon 2015

Comments

• Oh no!  That's so sad!  Fingers crossed for you. 

I'm thinking about Mind, they're the charity I'd like to run for...

Battersea!  I love BD&CH, my sister's dog is from there.  He ended up on telly!

• That is fantastic! What is his name? I volunteer there a lot, and am in the office tomorrow - they would love to hear how he is getting on!

• His name was Foxy - he was a great big fluffy long nosed Pomeranian, yippy as hell, but so friendly.  He'd been in an accident and had loads of surgery on his hips, I believe?  (Poor Foxy image)

• I just don't feel confident of raising that kind of money.I raises ??800 when I ran Edinburgh 2012 on a charity place and struggled a bit.I don't really fancy doing fundraisers
  • I'm in! I still can't believe it. I figured it would be Manchester for me in 2015. I hadn't applied for ages having had 3 consecutive rejections in the past...and zing, I'm in!

• I checked the linked and it couldn't find my details, so assumed I wasn't in. Just checked my e-mails and realised I paid in April.  So I'll have to wait for the magazine to be delivered to find out.

• Ahhhhhhhhh that would explain it!  Did a check on my emails, did the same thing.

Hold on, does this mean I don't get my waterproof jacket like last year?  I'd started getting used to having the runners up clothing.

• I have moved house since entering the London marathon ballot, how can I find out if I got a place or not - does anyone have a contact email address please?

• SEdanSEdan ✭✭✭

I'm in but interestingly through the bequest draw available to those who pledged the £35 to charity if unsuccessful (extra 1,000 after ballot).

• Oh God, I'm in. Totally expected the rejection letter, hadn't really considered the possibility of a 'yes'. Definitely got some stomach churning, but having been a spectator I know what an incredible event it is and so feeling very very lucky too. Good luck to those still waiting on the magazine. 

First training run tomorrow I guess!

• Im in !!!! slightly in shock !!!

• I think I'm supposed to say 'congratulations' to you lucky successful sods!

• I've applied from overseas. We are going to get an email on Friday apparently to tell us if we're in or not. 

Obsessively checking emails every 3 minutes? No, not me!!!

• Is London so popular because it's a long course than the other UK marathons ?

• Yaaayyyyyyy - after 7 consecutive rejections I'm in imageimageimage

Now the hard work starts ...

• Rejection mag...

Judging by posts above, 6-7 more years of wait and I will be in! image

(And Brighton 2015 has been paid already.)

• Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭

7th consecutive rejection for me image Oh well, looks like it's a trip up to sunny Edinburgh instead image

• I'm in, can't quite believe it, 

wonder how they work out who gets In?

I put in 12 years ago and did not get in and it's my first ballot since then, seems bit unfair considering how Marty times others have been rejected 

• got home last night to find my 4th "fuck you" magazine from the VLM.

I've entered next years Manchester Marathon this morning.

• Husband had 5th ballot rejection in a row. He ran for a charity once, but had to raise the best part of £2000. Which when a lot of people are short of cash is a lot to ask. His job has changed and doesn't want to commit to such a lot of fundraising.. When family time is limited and trying to train as well.

He rang the marathon the phone number this morning and asked if their was anything he could do? The reaction was pretty rude. 

i know his thoughts are:

If the ballot were pulled earlier, then at least those that don't respond/pay can have their places reallocated to people who are desperate to have a go. It seems a little daft to let places like this, no matter how few, go to waste.

Similarly the charity spaces, if charities can't fill them by the beginning of November for example why not take them back and redraw via the ballot? Again this may only be a few places but none the less.

for the record he has paid his fee upfront for the past two years, as he's always been happy to support the charity side of it.. still always next year! Lol!

reading this I feel deeply for a lot of people that have once again had a rejection. 10 years? Yet others are getting in twice in 2. I'm sorry, the organisers could at least address this, yet you kind of suspect until someone from Virgin takes it very seriously, the organisers (Hugh Brasher et al) won't..

• just imagine if everyone who'd been rejected phoned the Marathon offices though? Am not surprised they were short with him?

• or perhaps you could look at it that if you don't believe something is right and say nothing, will it ever change? like voting in an election I guess?

Just a thought though perhaps if everybody did ring then something might change? Then some of the poor people that have waited years and years might get their chance. I guess that's his thoughts any way. As he has said he'd happily wait a few more years and let those who have waited longer than him get their chance first. 

• I'm in!!

Thank you to Rebecca Runs who kept my spirits up last night with positive thoughts about the fee paying thingey. The team at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home remember Foxy and are delighted that he has a happy home now!

Now to start training proper - see you on the start line!

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

fotti - instead of ringing up the marathon office did your husband consider joining a running club who get places to allocate. 

• Still no "You're In" or "Sorry" magazine for me today, after two days of waiting. I paid ahead of time to get the extra chance/free running kit.

I'm desperate to know what happened to my entry. I might have heart failure if I have to wait any longer. Obviously, I don't want to call the office. Does anyone know if there's a way to check the status of my entry online? 

Thanks.

• Out for the 3rd year running, which I know is small fry considering how many rejections some people have had.

Not sure what to do now, have done Kent Roadrunner for the last 2 years but fancy a change (preferably a flat change!) 

• DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

Fotti- What about a different marathon? Therea re plenty of other very good ones without a ballot. Maybe even then get gfa and get into london that way?

As dean says....find a nice little running club. Mine has 3 allocated places and six of us applied for them last year and we have a fairly large member base.

• I'M IN!!

6th time lucky, very very pleased!

Question has probably been asked thousands of times, when & why did they abolish the 5 rejections if you enter the 6th time you're in rule?

Right...as this is my first time I suppose the battle to book a Hotel room starts now?!

Any hints/tips - Is it better to stay as close to the start line as possible or would that be too expensive?

• StylishStylish ✭✭✭

Joining a running club just to enter the london marathon isn't really in the spirit of things. Most clubs have qualifying criteria to enter their ballot, ie how many times have you represented them in the last year, to stop that sort of thing happening.