Computers & Smartphones are blamed for epidemic of

We love our electric gadgets so much that sometimes we take them to our beds!

80% of people admit to using smartphones and computers two hours prior to going to their bedsimage and the figures are rising in those aged 18 years to 24 years to 91%.

Professor Richard Wiseman - Psychologist at the Unversity of Hertfordshire

said it's the blue light from these devices that suppressed the production of the

sleep inducing hormone melatonin.  So that why we should avoid using them before going to bed

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Sleep deprivation!

You're kidding right?

I've had at least 3 hours sleep, enough for anyone.

• Karens back! image

• Why does moving your bed to face the door help?!
  • I think it funny that Karen is posting at gone midnight, talking about sleep !

Very simple rules.

• No mobile phone in bed room
    • No landline in the bed room
    • No TV in the bed room
    • No computer in the bed room

Easy to find something else to do before you drop off to sleep

• Reading Karen's endless quotes would be a good cure for insomnia I would have thought.

• Trying to think of an animal beginning with Q to get away from these musings....

• Quagga. Extinct, but still...

• 12 Years A Slave wrote (see)

• djwolf wrote (see)
    12 Years A Slave wrote (see)
    We love our electric gadgets so much that sometimes we take them to our beds! image

Karen.you missed off sex from your list..it releases hormones that will help you sleep.......next time you can't sleep and start posting after midnight try sex instead

• But not outdoors. In cars. With strangers image

• Top tip for sleep...try to stay awake...love it????
  • How does going looking for cold feet to put socks on help you sleep?  I never have cold feet but I suppose I could ask the neighbour's if theirs are cold

• seren nos wrote (see)
    djwolf wrote (see)
    12 Years A Slave wrote (see)

Karen.you missed off sex from your list..it releases hormones that will help you sleep.......next time you can't sleep and start posting after midnight try sex instead

that's what the banana is really for.

• if I don't take phone or tablet to bed how am I suppose to record a new personal best and keep my performance records up to date.

i'll forget all about it by morning.

• My feet are permanently cold. I don't know what warm feet are. 

I always found that sex stopped me from sleeping.