Brighton Marathon 2015

Comments

• Saturday was amazing! 9 miler at 8.45ish when feeling battered and bruised from spin and body sculpt classes... climb up the O2 followed by a medieval banquet and hangover sunday!  Diet still going well total weight loss of 8lb in 5 weeks

• wow impressive robert... whats the final goal?

• SAFERSAFER ✭✭✭

ahapartridge: have had the feet up for sure thanks, but have to get back to training on Tuesday.

Robert, well done on the weight loss. Always great to hear people taking responsibility for their weight and even better by running the pounds off. Go for it!

• Aim is 12 stone (from 14) sub 4 hr marathon... 4.12 my best time (just did Edinburgh heavy and unfit 4.34) got to beat my lil sisters time 3.53! With a head screwed on defo achievable. 

• Rob - weight makes a big difference, so looks like you should be on course. I was 15.5 stone and got down to 11.5 stone (back up to over 12 stone but thats intentional).

Could not run 3 miles when i started and was a real mess, now I am just over 3 hours for marathons (trying sub 3 but just cant do it).

• Not much running for me this week as have been away with work. Aiming to do two 5 milers today which will at least catch me up on the mileage for the week even if the speed sessions will have to be missed this week. This didn't seemi like such a great idea when the alarm went off at 530 this morning. Still 5 miles done and a pb on that course by over 3 mins average pace 9.01. Totally surprised as the whole run felt easy. Guess concentrating on shorter faster distances really does work.
  • Tillstar 2 runs in one day image dont like the sound of that....I dont think i have ever done that.

• Morning all

Chew valley 10k for me and Poohbear on Sunday I'm running with Poobear so no attempt on a PB for me this time

Snowmaiden went to the running club last night with Poohbear the club usually do a 4 a 6 or a 10 mile run of which Snowmaiden usually does the 4 but when she got there she found there was no 4 mile run that night so to her credit she did the 6 instead

• well done snowmaiden - top effort especially in the heat

• @Wenturtle I do it every Thursday although normally its two 3 milers. Its just easier for me to fit my weekly runs in that way as I am away every Friday and Saturday and this way means I have Mondays as a rest after the long run.  I figure running when my legs are already tired can only be good preparation for April image

Well done Snowmaiden

@ahapartridge my book arrived this morning I shall look forward to reading it soon image

• Another well one to Snowmaiden

My mojo seems to have returned, I had a weekend off running did nothing more strenuous than WNBR in London on Saturday with some mates  and then managed to get very drunk on Saturday evening after a glass of wine turned in to several hours drinking! This week I've been to the gym twice (core and treadmill) and did the hours ride to work on Tuesday morning, Will be riding home tonight and planning a run tomorrow. Hackney half on Sunday will be nothing more than a long steady run as Ihave missed to much training in the last month.

I'm also commited to Stevenage Marathon in Novemeber as a colleague with a similar track record for entering and then DNSing marathons has entered so peer pressure dictates it has to be done now!

• Tillstar - if it works for you then its all good.

2wheels - glad your mojo is back - mine seems to be sneaking back slowly - another 10k today

• why why why... few weeks ago didnt look at the fixture list and my collegue asked to swap shifts! I now finish at 8pm and have decided to watch the football in the gym whilst on a exercise bike!!!! Regetting it now as I have done two hour classes earlier ( spin and bodysculp) I feel a rest day in order tomorrow!

• hi Tilstar, hope you enjoy the read, im still working my way through it, we'll compare notes when finished
  • Sounds like a good plan ahapartridge.

Didn't make my second 5 miler tonight got in from work and it was wet and windy so I wimped out and joined the boyfriend in a spin class. There aren't many more weeks where I can drop runs if the weather isn't great so I thought id make the most of it. Spin was fun and worked muscles I don't normally when running which was good image
  • did a gym session yesterday out for a 6 mile run with Snowmaiden when i get up hope it's not as hot as last week

2wheelsalso glad to hear the mo-jo's back it's something we all suffer from. From time to time

Robert hope the legs recover Ok from all that cycling

• Toby, Seems its your lucky day sun no where in sight!  Nice bit of cramp in my quads last night as I was trying to get to sleep, nothing but work followed by a few beers tonight to celebrate the weekend. Looking at another 9 miles tomorrow morning sun will probably be blazing by then!

• morning all, did my 51st park run yesterday and quickest one since Nov 13, so hopefully my mojo's back and my heads in the right place. Spent most o yesterday stripping out a bathroom and flooring and fitting in a new one, which meant i was bent over double on my hands and knees for a few hours, the old back is killing me this morning. Any how, just getting up for my LSR this morning before the sun gets too hot, have a good run today if your out everyone and slap on the sun cream.
  • Morning all! Well done ahapartridge.

We are just getting ready to leave the boyfriends parents and head back home. Going to be gone 12 before we get back home for my 7 miler. Not looking forward to it in this heat trying hard not to moan though as I'm sure I will be looking back at it longingly once winter training kicks in image
  • hi Tillstar, good luck for the run later, take on plenty of fluids. i started at 7.15am and managed a tough 11.5 miles this morning. It was a bit of a walk/run during the last few miles, very hot and my legs were tired. Going to take it easy today and tomorrow then go again Tuesday.
  • Thanks ahapartridge just finished my run. 7 miles average 948 pleasantly surprised given the heat and it felt easy. Hardest thing at the moment is trusting the training plan and stopping after the number of miles on the plan image
  • good running Tillstar especially in this heat. ive just finished plumbing in a bath, so feal knackered now after this mornings run. im gonna put the feet up now.
  • SAFERSAFER ✭✭✭

A hungover 21km this morning in Richmond Park. It was lovely at 6:30 am but it was already pretty warm! Good running all have a great week.

• Morning all

went out for a 6 mile run with Snowmaiden it was going well with a 9:27 and a 9:50 minute mile then some idiot on a bike came around a corner to fast i managed to dodge out the way but Snowmaiden caught the back of my heel and ended up going into the bike and did her ankle again we did do another mile but had to call it a day as it was hurting to much

Did the Chew Valley 10k yesterday ran with Poohbear we got around in 1:04:56 which is a great time considering the heat and there was a killer hill at mile 3 she was only about a 1:30 outside her PB

• good stuff Toby, SM and PB....... too hot for racing in my world.

Hope snowmaiden makes a swift recovery on the ankle.

• Hackney Half yesterday. An interesting event. Considering the crap lead up to it with illness and missed training, I'm pleased with having hit my target of treating it as expensive LSR running steady 10 minute miles. Last few miles were horrendous a combination of too few miles, too hot and the toughest/dullest section of the course. Saw literally dozens of collapsed runners including some receiving IV fluids and a couple that were unconscious - didn't help my head! 

Legs ache today so a couple of days off and then some easy runs and rides in the rest of the week before picking it up next week. Mojo definitely back!

• Well done 2wheels sounds like a tough race. Glad you have your mojo back.

Snowmaiden I hope your ankle heels soon. Such a shame when you put in such great times on your first miles.

Well done poohbear
  • Just got london GFA confirmation today. So which should be my a race? I think Brighton, then jog London 2 weeks later beaten up?

Or Jog brighton then race London (not ideal preperation)......then restup after being beaten up!

• Congrats on the GFA Wenty, something I will never achieve.

I think Brighton as the A and then just do London as whatever it turns out to be, guessing you have more chance of doing well in Brighton as its a less congested course.

My plan is Brighton as the A race then drag my sore body around Kent in May (and London if I get in but lets face it that will be a miracle if I do)

3 miles and a spin class on the plan for me tonight, have a severe lack of motivation today but training sessions have to be done, hoping I can find my mojo on the way home from work perhaps I mislaid it on the M25 on my way in this morning image

• thanks tillstar I thought Brighton as a race as well.

Hmm you wont find anything mislaid on the M25...... I will have a look on my way home for you.