Pregnant runners

Hi there! Just wondering whether there are any other like minded pregnant runners out there? I'm currently 5.5 months and am still managing to keep up with my running! It's getting harder by the week but I'm determined to keep goingimage Much to my family's horror! It would be great to connect with any other pregnant runners out there and who knows, maybe even meet up for a run! Much love. 

Comments

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

hey there is a mums group in health and injury, lots of them ran during pregnancy, some are pregnant.  head on over!

• PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

btw people talk utter drivel about exercise and pregnancy.  if someone tells you not to run/gym/body pump etc ask them to quote the science behind their claims.  That works.  I once had someone tell me that i was probably struggling to get pregnant as i ran 3x a week!!

• Ratty83Ratty83 ✭✭
    Hello! I can't find any recent pregnancy running threads... Does anyone have any advice on SPD and running/walking? I've started Pilates but I'm worried it's not enough to solve the problem. I'm aching but it's not too unbearable atm, just a LOT worse after a lot of walking. I'm an Early Years teacher so I don't sit for prolonged periods. Any tips? Should I give it up?? I'm only doing 5k runs and just wanted to maintain a small amount of fitness so I can return to running after having the baby. Anyone out there in the same boat??