Triathlon clothing for size 26 plus

2»

Comments

• Lol - you need to do it again so you can see how you have improved over the season!  And I was at East leake I had my Pirate gear on I was with my mate Pixie who also was Piratey yellow and black!  That incline was a bit of mean one - going to do better in September!  You *have* to come out and play now!!

I will be in Market Bosworth on the 18th doing the Little Piglet so wont see you then!  Feel free to come yell at us on 1st of June out at the Outlaw Half  - if you marshall you get a lot of nice kit and they feed and water you as well - good people them image

• Oo... Be careful Trilonger, Buttercup will have you doing Wild Boar before you know it! image

Come and play over on Training for the shorter tri! image
  • image innocent me!

PS: Trinolonger I tried to PM you but it said you weren't accepting PMs image

• Trinolonger I may have found some one who may do kit in your size.  

www.triathlonsuits.co.uk

They may do fit to order. They only go up to 18 on the website but I emailed them and asked if they do bigger sizes and the guy said to give them a call on 01623 555412 and ask for Lauren or Yvonne and explain what you need they may be able to help you image

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

Hello trinolonger, i don't tri ( or even run anymore due to injury) but do cycle a fair bit now, hence occasionally checking out the tri section of the site.

Looking at your location, have you tried Frog Istand Tri? (They do running/ cycling stuff as well) I've had a few items from there and been pleased - really friendly and helpful staff there to who seem to know their stuff.

good luck for Flashman!

• Thanks Jen

I will have a look on the Frog Islands website.

When you did do tris which ones did you do if you can remember. I have got the tri bug but having to rely on lifts to events as cannot drive or afford to learn to drive which may make it difficult to do future ones unless they are local as feel a nuisance asking for lifts all the time. The problem is the tris are always on sunday and public transport doesnt run on sundays, well not all bus services do.

I hope to improve on my time at East Leake my first tri, 2hrs 35mins and 34 secs at Flashman but if I dont it doesnt matter - just like to finish in one piece. Will post how I get on.

• Hi SuckitupButtercup

I did see one person with the pirate gear which I recognised due to reading "Cant swim, cant ride, cant run" by Andy Holgate who I believe is a Pirate. An awesome book very inspirational-have read his second book too which I have lent to a friend to read and have just got the first book back.

I may do East Leake again but not this year maybe next year as first one of 2015 to celebrate my 1st anniversary of becoming a Triathlete.

• Hi SuckitupButtercup  have made note of the telephone number and name of the company Triathlonsuits and will give them a call tomorrow. I will change my settings so you can pm me with your real name and I will then respond with my real name.

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

Hello again Tri, I've not actually done any tris, used to run but now just cycle.

if you are leicestershire, you could look at this:

http://www.fullboarevents.com

they run events out of the Bosworth Water Park which I've Ben along to spectate as I'm only 5 miles away and they seem to be really well run/ enjoyed. ( I also know someone who is taking part in a sprint tri at Ratcliffe College in July, so that's another event you could consider - sorry, not sure of the event name.)

also don't know if your interested, but both Donnington Park and Mallory Park have started their open track nights if you want to work on your cycling. I went to Mallory last week, it was fantastic (if not rather wet!) and looking forward to going again tonight. (£2.50, absolute bargain!) 

• I can second the full boar events they're awesome peeps image and Jen if you want to come down on the 18th and yell at us doing the Little Piglet we won't say no image

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

May just do that! Usually always out on a Sunday anyway and Bosworth generally part of my ride. Just had a look at the bike route for your event- nice one! Good to see you get the "undulating" bits out the way at the start! 

is it tri and running for you buttercup, or do you do cycling events too? Tour of theNational  Forest  this weekend (not the 100 miler for me, those hills are a bit too fierce!)

• Hi Jen

Where do you live? We could meet up but dont want to give my number on here so how do I  message you privately?

• I did the 100 miler last year Jen image and there were soooooo many hills! I'm doing the 100k this year image and I run, bike and tri image

• most of the pirate kit we buy is in mens sizes......or unisex as they prefer to call it......so i wear mens sizes most of the time........

Is there a specific reason you want womens kit....are they cut much differently to the mens......

• Men's sizes are usually equivalent to a size up on women's sizes. Men's 2XL or 3XL is equivalent to Women's 3XL or 4XL.

• for the pirate kit is 2 up so a medium man equates to an XL ladies...........doesn't matter what the label says as long as it fits image

• but then i sports clothes and XL lady is often referring to a size 14....weird

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

Hello Trinolonger, feel free to PM me, think you do it by clicking on to my name and will get a drop down menu. Hope you've had some success with your kit queries.

Know what you mean about the sizing Seren, my OH current fave cycling bottoms are a pair of ladies large 2XU compression leggings! (From T K Maxx bargain bin!)

buttercup, OH did the 100 miler last October and said the course had been designed by a sadist! I did the short route and that was a really nice ride. We are both doing the 100k this weekend - I think the routes been reversed from last October so up Nanpanton Hill to start (yay!)  

• I will be in a pirate top image see you out there!

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

Will look out for you! I'll be the one frantically jabbing my strava app. (Very sad, I know)

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

Hi Buttercup, saw you there (at least pretty sure it was you, only person I saw in a pirate top!) on Charley Rd just after the Iveshead Rd descent. I would have said hello but it looked like you'd stopped to help another rider so didn't want to but in.

Hope you had a good ride, Beacon Hill up was a bit yuk at mile 55!

• Hahaha yeah I was with SuperCaz - I had a wee bit of a detour after the second feed station the silly sign was pointing the wrong way image but all good was a nice day out and my legs coped quite well with the hills.  I have been doing Beacon Hill/Dean's lane loops so I felt okay with that bit of it image

What's your next event?

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

That must have been annoying about the sign - must admit, I had to do a double take to make sure I was on the right route. I did Action Medical warwickshire 100k the weekend before and the three routes were colour coded which really helped, you really couldn't go wrong!

I need to start heading out to Charnwood side and get on the hills a bit more frequently, currently just doing one hill session a week and dodging off to lovely flat Bosworth area the rest of the time. Also just started the track sessions at Mallory Park.

hope you managed to sort Supercaz out, was it mechanical?

and after saying I'm going to get more hill work in, next event is likely to be the Arrow ( pretty flat!) on 1st June, but I'll go for the 100 mile option and try for a decent time. I've also signed up for the womens Rapha 100k challenge at end of July which you can do anywhere, just need to upload your gps stats when you've completed your ride. That's got to be a good one seeing as it's free! 

What events have you got planned? and I'm going to try and get over to watch Bosworth sprint tri!

• Think I was just waiting at that point - she had seat issues earlier but we solved that image

The plan goes something like this:

Little piglet 18th May

Outlaw Half 1st June

Dambusters Tri 22nd June

(Possibly the Great Notts rid on 23rd image)

Clumber Park HM 28th June

Hope for Cancer Sportive 20th July (100k)

Outlaw Bike section 27th July (180k)

Wild Boar HM 7th September

Equinox 24hr run 20th September

East Leake Tri 28th

Oxford HM 12th Oct

• Jen HartJen Hart ✭✭✭

Glad you got sorted, hope you both had a good ride!

thats a packed calendar! And a good mix too!