wye valley warriors

nest sunday  4th May........just entered as I had noticed the forest of dean sportive has been cancelled and put back till later in the year

anyone signed up for it..looks a lovely route and a hill or two

http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/events/wiggle-wye-valley-warrior-sportive/

Comments

• Seren, I a thinking about entering maybe the middle distance one, not sure yet?

• its the same price for the long as for the middle.........I'm so tight that I entered the long as better value for money image

• Hubby isn't pleased as he has only been twice on his bike this year and I don't think he rode more than twice last year........

he managed a 45 miler and a 50 miler so i have entered him for the long one as well.......he is already worried about his arse hurting image

• Seren, I don't thing my legs have that many miles in them Yet!!!

• Was looking at it, but then, I'm working a 10-11 hour night shift, so would have a late set off, around 8:30 ish. Don't think I could manage the epic distance with a 4 o'clock cut off, 7 1/2 hours is tight with over 9000 ft of climbing, well, it is for me.

may do the standard though, just need my knees to give the go ahead after yesterday.

• Yep. I'm in for the 100 miler. Can't be as hard as yesterday's ToP, unless the weather changes. Drive the bit from Longtown to Abergavenny, if weather is good will be a hard but fantastic section. Drag from Monmouth through Trellick not much fun, buy hey ho!

Cut offs, didn't realise there were sny
  • cutoffs.i didn't notice cutoffs...better make sure i'm there bright and early

• lloks good saint.but its the week before the brecon man half ironman and as that looks a toughie I think i will have an easier week the week before......

antone else entered for the brecon man.......

• I'm in, gluten for punishment
  • Mtri........only 44 entered so far.......I'm looking forward to the Llangynydir climb at the end of the bike...might be the first time I have to walk the bike in a race...........remembered I had to walk in the first IMW before I missed the cutoffs......

• I tried Llangynidr last week in prep for the Titan, I didn't even make it to the hair pins image But will keep trying till I get there.

• I was planning on a rece of the bike course wednesday........hopefully the weather forecast will improve

• Don't know if it's cut offs as such, but website says they want everyone off course by 4 pm, so there will be riders going out and clearing the course with that time as a target. I suppose there would be some leeway.

• Looks good I think I might be tempted with this see how the legs are tomorrow but thinking it would be good training.