Outlaw Half 2014

Comments

• Is this in Andy’s book’s? To be honest still not ready it figured lad got a right to say stuff in the books without the rest of us metaphorically reading over his shoulder. If this is from a one of them the worrying thing is can’t think which race it’s from. image

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Cake, If I get as far as the run on Sunday, it will be a request for painkillers and beer no doubt for me, although chocolate would not be refused.

My pile of kit seems to be growing at an alarming rate and sure that I will have the kitchen sink packed in the end.

• Lol not a race Cake - going to listen to him speak from memory image 

Steady - I said to husband I think I need more than one kit drawer image don't think he was that amused!  Apparently my clothes are taking over the world image

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

my kit doesn't fit in my kit drawer so it is all piled up on topimage apparently I have too many running shoes and I should throw some awayimage

he should consider himself lucky that I am not the kind of woman to have a wardrobe full of expensive clothes and shoes that get worn only once. I don't have those kind of clothes, I have a few work clothes, a few general clothes, and lots of kit that gets used all the time image

anyway - to those competing, what time race briefing are you aiming to get to?

still not sure I am actually going to manage to compete at all, have horrible lurgy, but am working on being there so need to plan ahead as if I am competing...

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

MC, aiming for briefing 3 @14.00. Then if I have a bad journey I can still make the last one.

My kit is more than the rest of my wardrobe.

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

For the Half there were no change tents last year either, transition was the same as it would be for shorter difference comps, just enough room for a small hand towel under/next to your bike with your stuff on and good luck finding your wetsuit at the end.

This is where I admit I'm racing in my Tri-Anglia kit, I love these forums but I also get a lot out of my local club and there's a gang of us going to Outlaw Half with a few ladies who are rather nervous so I'm trying to support them, they will all beat me as they're a fast bunch they're just nervous about the distance. We're all piling over to the 3.30pm briefing.

Does anyone else find it tricky juggling pirate and local club of is that just me? Tin hat on and prepares to walk the plank.

• I'm hoping to be there for the 1400hrs.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

I think I will aim for the 2 o'clock as well, means I can have lunch at home, wander over and be back home for tea and sorting stuff out

Ali - I am not involved in my local club anymore, partly because I couldn't make their sessions, I started swimming with a swimming club as the tri club swim sessions were awful, and got fed up with the politics, and head coach who was only interested in coaching and helping/encouraging people who were paying her to coach privately

• Good luck to everyone racing Sunday image 

Looking forward to reading some reports.

• Mathschick - sounds a lot like my local club that I was a member of, but it was a 'he' head coach, not a she. Also the club was run as his personal business so there was no real forum for voicing complaints - it was a case of 'like it or piss off'. I chose the latter. image There were some great people in the club and some fab coaches but again I couldn't be arsed with the politics! 

I'm going for the 11am briefing - I'm staying with relatives who have a hot tub so I want to get there as soon as possible. image

hot tub sounds nice image

• Ali, defo in the same boat as you... Looking at my local tri club kit (Clapham Chasers) and my yellow pirate top trying to figure out which one i should go for... At the moment im thinking i might change in transition, but then which one do i wear for the bike and which for the run!?!

• Which one do you want for your finish photo? image

• Banksy don't try and change your top coming out of the water - its a phaff trying to get tri gear on over wet skin!

• Yeah i know! Would never do such a thing... Was thinking of possibly changing after the bike...

• AliBear30 wrote (see)

Does anyone else find it tricky juggling pirate and local club of is that just me? Tin hat on and prepares to walk the plank.

Race in whatever is comfy, if its your tri club, then do you have one of the Pirate running hats of visors? I know Seren when she runs for her club has to wear their kit but has a pirate hat on, that way we know as supporters who to give the biggest cheers too!

• When I was a member of a running club and needed to wear my club vest I used my pirate buff for ID - so much as SA says image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Anyone got a spare visor??? :P

• IronbawsIronbaws ✭✭✭

Hey SA, are you and Mrs SA and Jordy at the Outlaw half this weekend? 

• Banksy you can borrow my cap or visor if you want and can get over before you leave? I'm in Old Town in Clapham.

• Club kit (NEWT), pirate cap for run.  Weather looking decent!  

• AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Thanks SA and all for the suggestions. I went with tri club kit and pirate cap for the run  last year(and my cycle gloves odd I know) I may well do the same again this year, they clash so nicely. image Also not a fully fledge pirate as yet so I think it would work out OK?

I may be just a teasny weansy bit over excited about all this, here's hoping its just as much fun as I remember. Another hour to go before I can escape and start the preparations, yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (practising aeroplane finish line moves in my head now)

• Golden Boots wrote (see)

Banksy you can borrow my cap or visor if you want and can get over before you leave? I'm in Old Town in Clapham.

Cheers GB, will drop you a text if i can make it!

• Sure. Long run tonight so probably not home until 9ish

• Starting to sort out camping gear for Saturday night!! Having fun finding all the little bits & pieces!
  • Just started gathering my kit from all the corners of my house - after a winter of running and cycling events, who knew triathlon was such a mega faff!

• Ironbaws wrote (see)

Hey SA, are you and Mrs SA and Jordy at the Outlaw half this weekend? 

Yep, all 3 of us, looking forward to shouting abuse,sorry, support you

• I shall be racing in my pirate tri suit.  It's doesn't hold all my wobbly bits in as well as my non pirate suit but the support it does give me through cheers and shouts definitely gets me round.   I must just remember to smile whilst running image

• SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

The best supporters are going to be there, yay.

I seem to have a mountain of stuff accumulating in the spare room, it will fit in the car somehow.