Sub 50min 10k/Sub 1h 50 half marathon

1697071727375»

Comments

• Looking forward to the full report. Mutai is a touch faster than me Bob... Ask him nicely and I'm sure he'd be happy to pace you round! Temperature seems promising. I'm doing a 8.5 mile trail race in the freezing wind and rain tomorrow, have a thought for me as you cruise around in the sun!
  • Well done Bob!! What looks like a crazy negative split showing at the moment on the results page- very impressive! Can't wait to read your race report. Hope you enjoyed it and are feeling ok and having a well deserved celebration image x
  • Hi Nicole, Rich. Dont know what those times are all about! Went really well until 18 miles and then it really started to hurt and I thought it might be another 2014 disaster. However, this time I gritted my teeth and worked harder than I ever have in order to bring it home in 3.54.16 which, strange as it may sound, gave me as much pleasure as a PB due o the fact that I really had to work for it.

Amazingly spent the evening in the company of Geoffrey Mutai and Matthew Kipsiro who were staying in the same hotel! Absolutely brilliant experience.

I do feel I'm getting a bit old for this now though. Boston could be my big finale!

Hope your trail went well Rich.
  • Brilliant, Bob! That must have been a surreal end to the day. Did they give you any tips?! image

Fantastic time and well done on toughing it out!
  • Congrats, another solid sub 4 hour under the belt, and what a great treat meeting two legends of the sport.

My trail run was very tough, but I think I enjoyed it!