Paris Marathon 2015

Comments

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Orbutt - Once again many thanks for the video. It's always a great way to remember a fantastic weekend with friends.

Jokeybhoy - I'll probably see you at the Glasgow half. I'll no doubt enter it again. Last year was the first year I'd missed it in seven years.

orapidrun - You did brilliantly in London. I think every marathon is a learning experience. I'm sure there are some great runs still to come from you.

• orapidrunorapidrun ✭✭✭

Orbutt - video is fantastic, thank you for your hard work making that, very special memories.

Jokeybhoy - yes, those are the ones, I like the look of them (especially one in particular, wink wink), a bit more variation on the 'easy days' and with an all important speed session.

Eggy - thanks and I should hope so too! memory slips, are you in for el Dam?

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

orapidrun - I've not signed up for Amsterdam. If do go over it won't be to run the marathon. I feel like I could do with the summer off the longer stuff. Plus I have a sprint triathlon to do, so will need to get my ass down to the pool and blow the dust off the bike.

I'm tempted to go to Amsterdam because so many friends are running it this year, but if I do it'll be as a supporter or to run the half. Also I've had thoughts of using it as a starting point to jump on a train and spend a few day holidaying in Europe.

• rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭
    Meadower wrote (see)

It got the same reaction from me, TD.  Top stuff, rodeoflip!  I'm also running Edinburgh, incidentally - it's my first at what's now my home race.  I take it you're going big again here?!  I've had the benefit of 7 weeks between Paris and Edinburgh, not being lucky/mad enough to squeeze London in there between them, so it's certainly my plan!

Of course - is there any other way? The best-laid plans seem to get thrown away with the binbags when the starting gun fires, don't they? As much as I would like to run Paris again next year, I would really like to run London. Edinburgh is probably my last opportunity to get a GFA time, so I'll mainly rest for the next few weeks and see what happens. Worst case, I don't get a GFA time, and find myself back in Paris next April instead of London - a good outcome either way.

• MattLMattL ✭✭

Orbutt, well done on the video!  I can't imagine how much time that must have taken.  (In fact, I don't quite know how you even figured out which runner I was in the finish video!)

• Orbutt: Brilliant stuff, thank you so much! It's heartwarming to watching us all streaming over the line one after the other, the results of everybody's hard work over the winter showing themselves. Such a big moment for everybody. Love it imageimage

Note to self: Must develop own 'finish line celebration' move! Some great ones in there.

• PS - Meadower: Amazing running! You have boundless energy right now!

• Orbutt - Thanks for the video, thats awesome image

• rodeofliprodeoflip ✭✭✭

Orbutt - great video, brings back all the memories. Great to see everyone as they cross the finish line, and glad there was no footage from half a mile earlier!

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Orapidrun:I love they schedules.I love the intervals and tempo runs with the midweek long run sandwiched in between.Im planning on following the 3:30 one.Im hoping to get my official half down to around my training half time which I think was around 1:36 in the past,then hopefully break 3:45 in Dublin,that's my dream anyway image)

Eggy:It'll be good to get a catch up in Glasgow.I was hoping to try do a couple of the park runs you do,over the summer when the wee mans fitba stops for the holidays.
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Jokeybhoy - If you're ever in Glasgow for a Parkrun let me know. Happy to meet up.

• Orbutt that's fantastic!

(Can someone come give me a hug now? )

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Orbutt - Great video!

RunClaire wrote (see)

List Fairy, I'm doing Summer Ranscombe on 12th July. Thank you!

I'll look forward to seeing you there!

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

orapidrun - I've not signed up for Amsterdam. If do go over it won't be to run the marathon. I feel like I could do with the summer off the longer stuff. Plus I have a sprint triathlon to do, so will need to get my ass down to the pool and blow the dust off the bike.

I'm tempted to go to Amsterdam because so many friends are running it this year, but if I do it'll be as a supporter or to run the half. Also I've had thoughts of using it as a starting point to jump on a train and spend a few day holidaying in Europe.

You're welcome to use my place to jump in/from/out of if you need somewhere as a base image

Thank you for all of your kind words regarding my 100th! Cant quite believe that I've done it but really happy that I've managed to achieve something that I've been striving for, for a couple of years!

• I can give you a hug Natty! It was lucky that no one I knew was around when I crossed the finish line or I'd have seriously blubbed, God I was knackered!! I didn't feel the need to cry at VLM until I realised I'd have to walk about half a mile to collect my bag, that really was a kick in the pants and my legs got progressively more ceased up the further I went, probably should've just kept jogging right on through as it certainly wasn't as painful as trying to walk it!!

Meadower - that 5k time is super-fast! You pipped me by a couple of minutes in Paris but our 5k times are worlds apart (21:17) so I think you've got a lot more to give in your next marathon, go for it!

• thisisnatty wrote (see)

Orbutt that's fantastic!

(Can someone come give me a hug now? )

/members/images/678532/Gallery/snoopy_hug.jpg

• Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Emmy - Thanks for the offer.

Natty - Hugs are always available.

• Cracking 5K PB there Meadower. Tremendous effort.

HIAHS - ybut ou never do any VO2Max training, so perhaps it's not that his marathon times are behind the curve, but it could be that you have underemphasised anaerobic training?

image more potential in you both I reckon!! image

• Pistol101Pistol101 ✭✭✭

Orbutt - thats brilliant.

• E mmy wrote (see)

RunClaire wrote (see)

List Fairy, I'm doing Summer Ranscombe on 12th July. Thank you!

I'll look forward to seeing you there!

Well done on your 100!

I'll be the plodder at the back. The only time I seemed to overtake people on Spring Ranscombe was on the downhills.

• Orbutt - I love my surreal glide over the finish line.  Thanks so much for editing me in, when I missed being in the finishing video by a matter of minutes.  Makes all the difference!

Looking forward to getting back to running now, arthroscopy on the torn meniscus next Friday, and with any luck I'll be doing very short runs at the end of May.

• Wow Orbutt! All seems so long ago, nice to remember it again. I wish the buzz could last longer.

• Orbutt, thanks for the video. A lot of time and effort went into that. Looking forward to next year now.

• Orbutt - awesome video, thanks very much. Seems so long ago now... Looking forward to a Tokyo and London double next year already...

• Thanks RR, Nells and Jimbob. Hopefully the family can make it down, the park has a special place in my heart after spending so much time there and planting a tree in big sis' memory.

Next thing is to get back running again, still a problem with my foot. I guess I should get to the docs to check it out. 

Good news for you bettza - hope my docs can me sort me out so quick!

• Jellybum - fingers crossed they sort your foot out quickly!  I found telling them I have a race deadline and needed to get back to training helped!

• Orbutt - it's such a great momento. I always look happy when I cross finish lines - I take this as a sign that I haven't tried hard enough if I can still smile. I particularly love Audrey Brown and Tinkerbell trotting daintily over the finish.

Meadower - now that is really quite fast image

Emmy - I am a slovenly cow and should be shot! I still have your BCRC vest! It got buried and forgotten. I will post it tomorrow image

• MeadowerMeadower ✭✭✭

Orbutt - that video is fantastic, thanks for putting it together.  My flatmate asked me what I was watching during it, I think mainly because I burst out laughing a PC's zig-zaggy finish!

Rodeoflip - good luck with the GFA-hunting.  I'll be nowhere near mine (so it's ballot come Monday for me) but I'm still going to go looking to take a few minutes off the PB.  I've only given everything I thought I had to give on race day so far, right enough, so Edinburgh'll be another of those days.  Paris isn't a half bad 'Plan B' image

TD/HIAHS - I like your thinking!  Stick with the training and the times'll carry on tumbling for us.  I'm in a very positive frame of mind right now.

Eggy - where are you thinking of heading for on your travels if you decide to head to Amsterdam?

Betzza - fantastic news, let's have a speedy recovery!

• StuchburyStuchbury ✭✭✭

A brilliantly put together video Orbut! I loved some of the finish line expressions.. Eggy and Orapidrun were fabulous.. The relief on their faces. Well done everyone.

• The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭
    Meadower. Ditto what the TD/HIAHS said about that 5k speed - Tasty!. You some great fitness in there. If you heart lies in the longer distances, the right training will get you there I'm sure. Are you joining us in the Dam? A good block of training could see you take a decent chunk out of your PB and then we all get to go on the sauce after as a bonus image

Orbs the Vid is class, we'll be back on there next year old bean!

List Fairy: please put me down for the Cityrace Corporate 5k on 9th July. It's organised by the London Marathon. I'm not really into 5k running, but I'd like to try the course out once. I did the Boston 5k two days before the marathon so I didn't race it at all (which was quite weird having race conditions and not going all in).

My priority this year is Amsterdam. Recovery from the marathon double continues. I will probably take in a few miles on Saturday and a couple of short runs next week. After that I have races in May and June. Training will start proper in July
  • Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Meadower - I'm not sure yet. If I'm in The Netherlands I'd no doubt pop up to see my friend who lives in Zwolle. I also want to get back to Berlin and spend some time as a tourist there as I loved it when I went over for the marathon, but didn't give myself enough time to really explore the city.