sub 2hr half marathon target

124»

Comments

• Very well done Emjay, that's an excellent time! Great to see your hard work paid off. image

I really enjoyed the route, which was new for this year. It's one of the bigger races here, plenty of support on the way round which was nice to see.

I'll probably do the event next year too!

• Hi folks, just popping in to read back on what you go through for a sub 2 time. My HM PB (first and only race) was 2:13 august 2013 - I ran the same race this year but had a groin injury and dnf.

Next attempt probably won't be until next August (I live on Mull  and rarely get to the mainland). Won't be doing and specific HM training as have marathons in July and September but hoping that training will see me sub 2 hours?

• Hey Ecce.

The marathon training will naturally be your priority, but the endurance you get from it should stand you in good stead for the half.

I'm better at speeding up than running long, so my mile splits from HM day look like this:

1 - 8:56
    2- 9:09
    3- 8:48
    4- 9:08
    5-- 9:04
    6- 9:50
    7- 9:08
    8- 9:14
    9 -9:13
    10- 8:56
    11- 8:48
    12- 8:48
    13- 8:31
    13.1 - 7:20

Mile 6 is way off; needed a toilet break at 5.5 miles!

• hi  zicks,  am not adding all those times up but looks nicely under 2 hours to me image

From now until the New Year I'm just planning on base training and building up my subLT run/s to hopefully an hour so won't be bothering about pace until then. Well, ok, I probably will bother but am HADD training so trying to ignore pace and just run to HR.