Trionium Knacker Cracker 10K

2»

Comments

• Excellent!  Thank you for a great (stupidly tough!) run, friendly runners and to all the marshalls for their brilliant support.  Loved the cheese and pickle roll and soup...saved me for the drive home.  Happy New Year!

• Big hugs to all the marshals, better weather than laSt year but still a tad nippy so thanks to all for standing on the course guiding and supporting all the knackers, knickers and nippers.

• If you're the poor lady who was nearly hit by the cyclist at the bottom of the Eiger steps (which I was marshalling) then I'm really sorry. I have no idea why he didn't stop.

And if you're the blasted cyclist who didn't stop - WTF??!!!

• After being a spectator for many years, I volunteered to Marshall today and it was great ! Practically every runner thanked me, even when they could barely breath !

Amazing efforts with the Fancy Dress Costumes, it was a surreal moment walking though Boxhill Car Park dodging Morphsuits, a Pint of Guinness and flocks of Fairies, not to mention the half naked Bunny Man warming up doing sprints ! 

Good job Dr Rob !

• Great race, liked the new venue

• Hilarious event! Great way to clear a hangover! Massive thanks to the marshals and all the other runners - brilliant atmosphere and so friendly! Loved it! (From the very slow Christmas Tree) 

• Thanks all for the kind words - glad you enjoyed the day! Results are up - make sure to refresh your browser window to see 2015 results. Our photos are also up, and other links to photos will be posted to the home page as they are sent to us at Trionium HQ. The video will take a little while longer - all finishers will be emailed with a notification in due course. See you out on the hills!

• Thanks Dr Robert and team for such an amazing Knacker Cracker image. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the marshals were brilliant, the soup, roll, carrot, medal, t-shirt and mug were all icing on a pretty perfect mud pie. Will be back next year and thankful for the great weather, much improved from last year! My inflatable shark agrees!

• While trying to leave the car park at the finish we saw a taxi nearly take out a family as he overtook the cars waiting unnecessarily to get into the car park. It might be worth considering some marshalling of the car park at the end?  Perhaps the NT could help?  The problems were mainly being caused by several of the drivers arriving after the race not having manners, common sense or patience.

Superb organisation, and we like the new start. Nice to be able to grab a cup of tea and use the loos and shelter from the breeze. Already thinking of costume ideas for next year ...

• Another brilliant Knacker Cracker!

Loved the new start and the course changes - the dreaded Eiger steps certainly delivered. How is it only 0.5km longer?! felt like a lot more!

Great atmosphere as always, love how everyone supports each other on this run.

Well done Dr. Rob and all the Marshalls for another great run.

Edit: Will this slightly longer course become the Knacker Cracker course now? I hope so!

• Tx for comments. It seems we need some car park marshalling at the end (our lovely runners were great at parking early on, but then the public also want to use the facilities later on, leading to some overcrowding). We'll look into that.

The course was 10.25km - the hellish Eiger Steps add only another 250m to the course. Several people have asked for them to become a permanent fixture...

• It's only 0.25k longer?! Now that's depressing! lol.

Clearly more training is required for next year.

The Eiger Steps should stay though, definitely.

• Those Eiger Steps were hellish! They've got to stay in! That was absolutely one of the most fun (and hard) races I've ever done. When do entries for next year open?

• A lovely little day trip down from Cheshire for this event congratulations to everyone involved in creating and executing such a great day. Thought I'd got away with it, that was until I tried to walk downstairs at the end of day at work this evening! really looking forward to coming back steps and all