London Marathon 2015

Has anyone received the deferral email link yet as I don't seem to have got mine yet. They do seem to be leaving it to the last minute.

Comments

• Havent got mine yet - they said if you haven't got it by tomorrow (2/6) to call them so that's what I will be doing

• Thanks 330 or bust.

Was just worrying that I am the only one!!

Will keep checking tomorrow.
  • Well Paul I will be ringing them first thing. I have done 11 Londons so far and am not going to let this one slip away !!

Will let you know how I get on

• Not had mine either. Was wondering the same thing. They did say you could call up to June 8th but that's only next Sunday. Looks like a lot of us waiting for the email so I wouldn't be surprised if we get it tomorrow.

• Fingers crossed!
  • Message on FB stating mails being sent out today

• Afternoon all, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.....I deferred my entry from 2014 to 2015, but I gained a GFA off the back of my 2013 VLM.  Am I better to take up the deferred place or apply as a GFA????

Any help appreciated.

• 330 or Bust wrote (see)

Message on FB stating mails being sent out today

Just received my email and taken up my spot for next year image

• Speedy Fen Bird wrote (see)

Afternoon all, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.....I deferred my entry from 2014 to 2015, but I gained a GFA off the back of my 2013 VLM.  Am I better to take up the deferred place or apply as a GFA????

Any help appreciated.

Can't see that it makes a difference does it?  Either is effectively a guaranteed place.

• GFA stands for two years I'm not sure but I think everytime you defer you have to pay and can only defer once or twice?

Use defferal this year and GFA next.

But check I'm right first.image
  • Speedy Fen Bird - you are better off getting a GFA place for 2015. That way, if you get injured you can defer to 2016. If you take up the deferred place you can't defer it again. I'm in a similar position - I deferred my 2014 place but will apply instead for a GFA place for 2015 so that I can defer it if I get injured again.  Not got an email yet re deferred place though.

• Just checked my email and the deferred email is there now!

• Got my mail - bit cheesed off they want paying by 20th June. Could have at least given us until pay day end of month but hey ho

• Speedy Fen Bird - definitely for for GFA as you're then on the Green start, which is much less congested than the others.
  • Why can't they give us a date for GFA entry. Just says refer back in June. It is June. Paranoid about missing out like last year. There was only a 2 week window to apply & all online so screwed if you can't scan stuff!!

• I am hoping to get in by gfa place too from my Barcelona time last year . I missed out last year with entering as was a day late , maybe a good job as I had to have a hysterectomy this Feb.

i have been looking at accommodation and the travel lodges just been released for the dates and not cheap at all , even the hotels . I rang to see about booking the day they were released and was told as a sporiting event on prices were set accordingly ..

• OH SH*T, have just seen thread as have had major family trouble this week and not had time to breathe let alone read, have just checked and no e-mail and assume LM office closed today, is it definately the last chance today?????

• Got my email and secured my place.  See you there.  Unless I injure myself again.....

• So is it too late for me to get a gfa place now ?

• Hi Crazy Lady.If you have a qualifying time in the last 2 years or run one before the applications close you can apply once the GFA goes live. Still says refer back in June!! When it does open have about 2 weeks to prove time & age online. Keep checking webpage. Good luck.

• Thank you Fairy Clogs I think I got a bit mixed up with people saying they had got emails but when read properly it was the referral emails. I ran Barcelona last year  and I do qualify . I will keep my eyes open .

• Panic over you have until the 18/06 to confirm defferal, not as previously stated so still have time to get my place for 2015

• Got confirmation of a guaranteed charity place today so want to book a hotel, what do people recommend? Want 3 nights but don't want to pay a fortune. Want somewhere decent though. I looked at thistle trafalgar square but coming up at over ??800 and not willing to pay that much. Thanks
  • Travelodge? Premier Inn?
  • We booked a travel lodge the day they came on sale , tower bridge 4 nights ??300 . It is an expensive time .. I agree also try booking.com or even travel lodges , I think docklands was cheaper .