What do you like to find in a race?

13»

Comments

• Agree with Tim.  As a larger person the XL tech t's are a bit too snug for me.  I've got 2 ironman finishers t shirts i can't wear yet as they don't fit. Very frustrating!

I think the toilet issue has been covered but can I add a point about having someone there to attend to them so when they run out of loo paper it can be replaced.

DQ for headphone users!  I only train wearing them but wouldn't dream of racing in them.

I like my medals as a memento so a nice decent medal is a must.

Water stations for longer events but more importantly having them in sensible intervals.  I did Marlow HM on Sunday and the 3 aid stations were supposed to be at 4,8 and 11 miles but we're actually 7,9 and 12!!  

• A wide start so there's no bunching and slow starts, even with starting pens.

NO RACES ON CANAL TOWPATHS!!! Canal towpaths are nice for the odd runner to enjoy a quiet run. Two thousand people running down a narrow path with no chance to overtake are an utter nightmare.

T-shirts are OK. I have a special drawer I chuck medals into, never to be seen again.

Something useful in the goody bag is nice - I still use a coffee mug from the Billericay Striders 10k.