Best site for uploading GPS data

After many years of faithful service my garmin forerunner 305 has started to get a bit flaky so my girlfriend brought me the new Tom tom cardio.  This leaves me unable to compare my running data.

Can anyone reccomend a 3rd party site where I can upload data from both my Garmin and my tom tom?  I've come across strava but not sure if this is any good?

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Actually, Strava would be my first choice so long as you know you can get your tomtom data onto there. You could I suppose consider Runkeeper, MapMyFitness, TrainingPeaks, Daily Mile and SportTracks but personally I like many aspects of Strava such as the auto-calculated league tables for segments of runs in my neighbourhood.

I use a Garmin 310XT and have added an app to Strava called copymysports that automatically fetches any new runs from Garmin Connect. This saves me double work. Other programs that do a similar function are tapiriik and syncmetrics

You'd have to check the add-ons if you want bulk sync to catch up with old data. This tends to be less easy due to limitations in the API that Garmin offers other programs. (Naturally, sites usually don't often make it easy for people to defect.)

• Thanks SteveC - sounds like you've done all this before.  I'll check to see if the Tom Tom works on Strava

• this might help - 

https://tapiriik.com/    synchronizes between strava, runkeeper, taingpeaks, garmin connect, great if you've got a load of data to shift from one to another.