manchester marathon 2015

Comments

• Nice work carter!  I have absolutely no idea how that time compares to anything but just to finish a run like that is bloody impressive in my book image  I was looking at the Lakeland 50 the other week, that looks crazy too

• Thanks chaps. 

AM - to give you an idea how brutal I found it, my pace was nearly twice as slow as for Manchester marathon this year ! Lakeland 50 looks pretty good to me, do you think you will go for it ?

• If it's any help know a few people who have done it and they have only good things to say about the lakeland. go on go on go on you know you both want to. image

• 26.2 miles is long enough for me.  

• Nice enjoyable 11 mile run today at 8.56 min/mile average. Bit quicker than I planned but felt good.

• I have to run 11 miles today as well, just catching up on yesterdays athletics on recording... Get me in the mood!
  • Run done. Tired legs and sore nipples (must start using plasters again now my runs are getting longer!)! 9:09 per mile average... Way faster than I'd planned, guess that's why my legs are so tired!

Just wondering if anyone else on here will be doing the Cumbrian run 1/2 marathon in October? I think that'll be my only other race before Manchester.
  • Wel done on the run FFS, good to have it ticked off isn't it. 

Cumbrian HM too far for me, what main Cumbrian towns is it in? My October half will be the kirkintilloch half (north Glasgow) at start of October and probably alloa half in March then onto Manchester. 

• It's in Carlisle... Handy for me as I live there! Is the Kirkintilloch half ran on the first Sunday of October? If it is then it'll be on the same day as mine.

It does feel good yeah! I was struggling a wee bit in the last mile but I'm very happy now image
  • Not doing Cumbria, I may do the Macc 1/2 on the lead up to the Dublin Marathon in October.  Then Manchester in April. 

day off today but did my first 20miler (in this training block) yesterday. went well, and not really fatigued which is the main thing.

• You must be in good shape Pete! I couldn't run 20 just yet, if I did I'd be wrecked the next day!
  • Well done Pete, your right at the business end now!!!

Yes FFS is first Sunday, the 5th Oct. It's also the day of the the great scottish HM but I'm going to support the local clubs race. The kirkintilloch race has been that date since it started and two years ago the great scottish HM changed from September to October and the local club run has suffered on numbers.

• Hi FFS, I concentrate on my heart rate and not my pace for my long runs which does mean I do not get too leggy after my long runs.

Plus it is by far my favourite session so I think I have become used to running 3 hours or longer as I do it quite regularly!!

• Hi, where is the best place to stay for this event please

• Hi Helen,

I live near by towards chorlton so I do not have the problem.  But I did read suggestions of Altrincham as it I out of the way so rooms will be available and you can get a tram to old trafford station which is close to the start and finish lines. (5-10 minute journey on the tram at the most). There is a travel lodge 0.2 miles away from the station. if you are staying over; Altrincham is a quite town in "leafy" Cheshire and has plenty of nice bars and restraunts etc

• Pete, I've booked the travelodge at Salford quays, is that a decent location?

• Bigeater I'm not a manc but from what I know of the area your laughing will be within walking distacne from the start.

• Hi big,

yes mate you are basically on the start line.  image

there is a pub called sam platts across the road and further into Salford there are a few food chains such as Frankie and bennys etc.

you'll be fine there mate.  image

• This morning finished an 18 miler in prep for Dublin. first 9 easy pace second 9 @ mp.  finished the second 9 at an average of 7:59.  really pleased with that.  image.

• good running Pete! you gunning for a 3:30 at Dublin then?

• Good run Pete! I did my first Parkrun today in 22:35. Thought I'd be a bit quicker but I did run nearly 3 miles to get there so I'm happy enough! Don't have any kind of fast finish anymore so might have to change my name on here! Ha ha! Will try to go a bit quicker next week image
  • still a good run FFS. i did manchester in 3:32 last year off a similar 5k time (22:12)

• Hi magic, yeah my target is 3:30.

• Off out soon for 9 miles, looking lovely morning for it. Having a slight fallback week as because of work and runs this week I'm feeling a little bit knackered. 

• Hi all, officially entered now. Also booked up at the Salford quays travelodge - prime location. Entered my target at sub 3.30 which would be a 30 minute PB. Excited now!
  • 30min PB! Wow. Top gunning Matty! I would be happy with a 3 minute pb to slide under that 3:30 image 

• Heh, well I haven't plucked the target out of the air, I've been steadily improving my running since Paris 2014 in April (My only marathon to date so far) but my PBs in shorter distances have tumbled to the point that all race time calculators suggest I can do it. So just need a solid four month training cycle to back that up.

• well done Matt, I am currently training for Dublin and then will set about Manchester again in the spring.  I like you ran my last marathon in around 4 hours and am hoping for 3:30 in Dublin..  Just ran a HM time trial, all be it in a cut back week but having just complete 135 miles the 3 weeks earlier, and finished in 1:40:47. so I am actually over the moon with that.  9 minutes better than my PB. image.

good luck with your training.

• Trawling through the forums planning for a an autumn half and I stumble across plans for Manchester 2015.

Having done it for the last 2 years I'm in and as a "local" currently based in Timperley but formerly from Sale, happy to answer any queries about route, accommodation, travel etc

Looks like another stab at a sub 4 for me but looking to get a couple of HM under my belt, probably Arley Hall in October (version 3) now that it has replaced Capesthorne and then Wilmslow in March as part of the build up to Manchester

Got the winter to think about a training plan, "get me round" did for the first attempt, found the P&D 55 mile plan too much this year, so looking for something in between

Here we go again