manchester marathon 2015

Comments

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Animal magic:I'm hoping it's just a system hiccup,I'll be demanding a refund if it has been a fault on there behalf,i have my medal and garmin data as proof
  • And they really should move to a different timing system, Facebook updates showing gun time are pointless when you started five minutes back. 

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    I followed the link and its showing 00:00 for everything image
  • JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    I can't get that anything on that link either.My number is 11744 if you don't mind trying from your side as Im on iPhone and that could be the problem
  • Jb don't worry about it showing 0:00, my race number shows a different person

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Animal magic:That's eased my tension a little bit.I was starting to think there was an error with my chip,how devastating would that be,my finest moment in running not even captured due to someone's incompetence
  • Well that was fun. I got my time and hit 4:57:14 on my harming with official result of 4;57:13. a PB.

I got a groin strain at 10 miles and right now I am in agony from it. I simple can't walk. In bed on pain killers. Besides that I feel great.

Tried to find you guys in the village but couldn't.
  • Great runs by everyone. Really enjoyed the run except the positioning onf the 25mile marker.  Chip time 3h 27 min so pleased as knocked 10 min off by pb.  See you all next year?  

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    After emailing the organisers my time is now showing,3:56:04,panic over.
  • sscssc ✭✭✭

Well done everyone! Aimed for 3:15 so chuffed with 3:15:56. Legs battered so but I can begin the process of loading the calories back in! imageimage

• SorequadsSorequads ✭✭✭

Well done everyone! So many great times. JJ8 - well done, amongst others, your progress has been brilliant. 

I was also in the enormous sub 3 bus. felt great - perfect weather helped - and broke away at 23M to record 2:57 (just!). Absolutely over the moon. Months, years, of hard work paying off. Love running! 

Good atmosphere and great finish chute. Some organisation could be better - mile markers more and chaos working out where the start pens were and actually trying to reach the pacer. Still, all good in the end!

enjoy a rest everyone, it has been brilliant sharing this journey with you. 

• That stuWeb really is a joke of a site.  Check this for the results breakdown

/members/images/759960/Gallery/Capture.PNG

They cant even calculate the cumulative paces or realise that they need to calculate the distance from the end of the previous section to the current one.  Apparently i finished at 31mph, good going image  I mean its their job to be able to record race results and they come up with this shite.

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    AM:I emailed this guy and he had it sorted in 10 mins stuart@stuweb.co.uk
  • JJ - Absolutely over the moon for you mate, well done!  Your journey has been fantastic and i'm so glad you hit your goal.

Sorequads - Fantastic running.  Some real sub 3 monsters on here today!!

• JB - my times are correct, its just an absolute sham of a site.  I'd expect it to be used for a 5k run my a local school that you pay a few quid to enter.  A big city marathon run by Asics should be using something a lot more sophisticated.  Even the paces change between /km and /mph (even ignoring the fact the paces are bullshit anyway)

• Well done everyone!

What a great marathon Manchester is.

I managed 3:49:12. Knee hurt from the start, but then settled down until 15 miles when it really, really hurt. Managed to keep running just about, but certainly hobbled the last few miles. I didn't want to be a DNF!

Massive positive split of 21 minutes! Can anyone beat that? 1st half in 1:44 and second half in 2:05. Was managing to hold just under 8:00 minute miles until the pain got too bad and then it just slipped away and after 18 miles they were all, except the last one over 10:00 minutes. Everything else, apart from the knee felt great, but I suppose it does feel like I've had a 15 mile race and 11 mile cool down!

Managed to get round without gels/drinks etc, but it would have been good to test that continuing at my earlier pace.

But what a great day and the atmosphere was brilliant. Loved the finish with the crowd so close like that.

Well done again everyone. Feel proud of your achievements!

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Runningtap:The crowd were amazing,a lot better than in my previous 2 runs in Paris and edinburgh.I had goosebumps around the part where we turn the corner onto the final few miles leading up to Old Trafford,the crowd were so close and loud
  • Beyond excited!  I came in at 4:28:18 so within my 4:30 target.  Enjoyed the whole experience.  I agree with what has been said about the mile markers.  Once I realised the first two were wrong however, I used my Garmin.  I stuck to my plan and started behind the 4:30 pacer.  I went a bit quick in the beginning to get passed her and knew that as long as she didn't overtake I would make my target. A positive split for me, but frankly, I don't care!

Well done to everybody today and the wonderful crowd - truly amazing.  I now know what they mean by digging deep.  I could easily have given up at about 23 miles!!!

Finally, thanks to all of you for your excellent advice to a newbie - couldn't have done it without you ...

• Oh, forgot to ask.  Do they publish a list of results - I would like to see where I came in my age group ..

• carterusmcarterusm ✭✭✭

Sally - go to the greater Manchester marathon website and then select The Race from the menu. Then go to Live Tracking and enter your number and that should give you the details you need 

• JokeybhoyJokeybhoy ✭✭✭
    Well done everyone,seems like just about everyone had a very enjoyable day,just goes to show the difference when running conditions are good,tho I did find the slight headwind in the final mile tough
  • Hi all

I was 11 mins away from my 4 hour goal and finished in 4:11:02. Given my recent injuries and how tough I found it I am delighted with this. Loved the day and felt it was a really successful race bar the start zones, mile markers and pacers. 

So impressed with these amazing times by everyone, well done indeed, hope you all feel good today and happy with yourselves

• I'm really pleased to hear most people enjoyed the day, even when troubles hit! Where was this magical 25 mile marker? I didn't see it at all. 

Did you run with the 4 hour pacer at all Ali? I was looking out for you, but didn't see any shirts I recognised from the forum. 

I'm seriously achy today. I think I got away with the sporadic training in the race, but not in the recovery. Ouch. 

• Hi AliBali123 Congratulations on your time and agree that it was a great day.  What were the problems with the pacers?  I didn't run with the 4:30 pacer but kept her behind me so that I knew if she was on time, that I would beat 4:30.  Not sure what time she came in at. 

• Seems that we all got cracking times, well done everyone. I feel greAt apart from my groin which has we laid up in bed and my bringing me food and drinks!!!! I wonder how long I can milk it for hehe.

I Am off work today and a massage booked for tonight. The 5 mins massage in the massage tent helped for sure. Without this groin issue I think I could run again today, although as mentioned at 21 to 23 miles I could easily have given up. Remembering comments of dig deep, push through the pain, the training, the achievement it all pushed me on and turning at Stretford was awesome that was loud and gave such a lift. My pacer was greT he pushed me and kept me going from 18 miles and told me at 23/24 to leave him and go for the line.

Brilliant day and so pleased. I will be doing a race report in my training thread as soon as I get on the computer, it is too difficult on my phone as I can't see lol
  • What a great day, the crowds were fantastic (special shout out to the guy with the sign saying if your garmin shows 26.1 miles, will you do another lap?), but never known pain like that from about 19 miles onwards.

Stiff as a board and hobbling around now, and as I work as a physic I think I'm going to need more TLC than my patients today..

Does anybody know how many runners entered the race this year?

• Well done everyone! A great day out.

My own race didn't feature a PB but I learned a priceless amount. Head hasn't really been in the right place for a while (9 months since I started training for Valencia last November with maybe a 1-2 week intermission before I started training for Manchester), and I think I've been waiting for this to be over rather than looking forward to the experience.

So, on the day itself, I decided that rather than play it safe and get a 3.29 (PB is a similarly played-safe 3.39) I'd just go for it and see what I could do (given my half marathon time is now 1.33, I should really be looking more towards 3.20 anyway), and just adopt a "no regrets" approach. First 30k I felt fantastic and was on track for 3.16 pace, then it all fell apart quite spectacularly thanks to an old back problem flaring up, which meant I over-compensated and my form well away, with my right calf completely seizing up meaning I couldn't run for more than 200-300 metres at a time in the last 6 miles. Painfully slow finish but salvaged a 3.45, which even when I ran Valencia in 3.39 in November I'd have happily taken!

The fact I was able to run 30k with the big boys more than makes up for the subsequent collapse - 3.16 might have been too big to go for, but makes me think that early 3.20's is on the cards next time I go out image