C25K

Am I mad??? Completed c25k last year but haven't run since around December for a variety of reasons but looking at my lifestyle lately and rapidly expanding waistline I need to get back into exercising. Am going to sign up for a 10k in September and rather than starring C25k again I was going to do the 0-10k plan on my Rundouble app instead. Is this crazy or a good idea?? Plan to get the trainers out of the mothballs tomorrow!

Comments

• No, get out and do it! image

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Go outside and run image 

• Cheers for the help! Was worried that it may be too much after such a long time out but will give it a go tomorrow. Have the kit laid out ready for the first time in months!
  • KieranGKieranG ✭✭✭

That's exactly what I did.

I did RunDouble C25K last summer, then didn't run again. 

Then I signed up for a 10k this year. I started the RunDouble zero to 10k plan at week 3 as I felt the first couple of weeks were too easy. 

I started that on 5th May. Yesterday, i completed a 10k race in 1hr 10.

Having a race to aim for is perfect - the timing between now and September means you will have plenty of time for the zero to 10k programme, then you just have to get out there and stick to the 3 times a week.

Good luck ! Let us know how you get on. 

• Thanks all, week 1 done only a paltry 4.1 miles total for the week average run pave 10.3 which is nothing compared to you all but I'm ok with that. Signed up for the 10k at end of Sept exactly 9 weeks away and I'm looking forward to start of week 2.

Realise how rubbish I've let my lifestyle become this week so cutting back on red wine, using non running days to bike and row at free work gym plus dog walking and starting push ups every day to try and help. Refusing to buy the new clothes I desperately need until end of summer as my additional motivation to get fit again too.