Friday 18th July 2014

Morning.

Lyrics - Yeah! Our story goes

Hope your flight goes ok Alehouse. Have a great time.

postie - it's just a six hour run rather than an ultra. I was thinking that four weeks should be about spot on for recovery/training effect. May think about having a bash at the half.

What:              easy run/maybe a pootle on the bike
Why:               ultra training/half day at work
Last hard:       we all know the answer to this one
Last rest:        2/7

Enjoy the chocolate of your choice.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LMH

Off out now

Back later

Lyrics: Not sure.

• Morning

Easy 35mins off road again

Warm and sunny again hereimage

Catch up time...

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Morning,

May go for a small run later, legs are sore!

Very muggy here today

LMH- Only 6 hours of running hey........image

Anyone have suggestions for a friendly and flat half IM near Devon end of the UK?? 2015 goal!

• Compared to seven and a half hours of exercise before a four hour run it shouldn't feel too bad Dibs image I think flat and near Devon are mutually exclusive. If your legs are sore why not swim?

It was humid and wet for my run this morning birks - sounds as though you got the best of it. We're forecast 30C this afternoon though!

• LMH: It's about 10 degrees cooler here today than London and parts of southern England !

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Thank goodness it's cooler, it was warm enough out there today. 20 degrees will do me fine! image

12 miles this morning in 94 minutes.  Decent run.  That's another 50 miles in 5 days - I am certainly making the most of this holiday.  The calorie counting is going well and the weight has fallen off again this week - just need to keep going now - and I will!

Lanrick Challenge tomorrow - 12K of mud, water and obstacles.  Should be fun.

Lyrics, nope!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: 4k, 23.30 of unplanned and erratic fartlek
    Why: pace is all over the place at the moment!

Lyrics: not today.

Don, Birks (or anyone else): I still have two hockey tickets for Thursday 24th at 7 pm (2 matches)...quite happy to give them away...however I need an address to send them to by 4pm today!!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Thanks alehouse, but I'm not up for the tickets and don't really know anyone who might be.  Hope you manage to get rid of them somehow!  image

• Well done on the weight lose Donaldo. Hopefully you've got into good habits nowimage Enjoy your challenge tomorrow.

alehouse here's hoping you're in that alehouse tonight!

Hehe I agree Dibs...only....six hours of running!

chickadeee hope today's a better day for you.

What: Rest

Why: Cut back week

Enjoy your weekend all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

Forever what a great pb and do you think the pins helped?  Not that I will try...

Donaldo nice running and weight loss!

LMH, I will rest for 2 days now, actually managed quite a good run last night considering the heat and race the day before!

Chicadee, hope all is ok today

alehouse have a great trip!

What: rest, I was meant to cycle to work but thunder and lightening said no!

why: friday

last hard: last night

last rest: Tuesday

have a great weekend all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Changed my mind

What: 40 min recovery run, 2 hours cross trainer

Why: Fat loss, base building

Lyrics: Nope

LMH- I can get my head around long distance tri's as it changes and you can break it up. But 6 hours of just running... my mind would be the end of me! No pool where I am in the next 10 days image, but my legs were actually ok once I got them moving.

Don- Awesome stuff dude! I am struggling already with the long cardio and controlling food intake. I just had lunch post my workout and I am still starving!

My hips are still a bit weird. The glute exercises are helping I think. Now my left hip is worse than my right. Who knows what's going on! 

All I need to buy before I enter a 70.3 is a bike (hopefully through the hospital in 2 weeks) and a wetsuit! How exciting!

• A'noon

ale: Thanks for the offer, but we've got enough tickets for various events mate.

don: good running and weight loss.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Dibs - try myfitnesspal - it's an awesome app and website.  Very motivational. 

• Try more protein Dibs - and make sure you refuel within 30 minutes of long or hard sessions, doesn't need to be much but I've found some carbs and protein immediately followed by my normal lunch within two hours stops me getting silly hungry and gives good recovery for the next session.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

So...off to the airport! Just been to see QofP (I needed to pay a bill). She gave me a new Swiss ball...and my holiday reading: The Race to Truth, her (Emma O'Reilly's) account of how she blew the whistle on Lance Armstrong and the price she had to pay. Looking forward to reading it, although Emma tells me I know most of it, and more, already!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Race-Truth-Blowing-Armstrong-cyclings/dp/0593074068/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1405693838&sr=1-1&keywords=emma+o%27reilly

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello

What: working and a bit of gardening
    Why: hit 35C here today, too hot to do much else!
    Lyrics: Nope

Yesterday's were Brown Girl in the Ring - Boney M

Dibs I drink chocolate soya milk after a hard session or long run.  Seems to help with the hunger as I can't eat anything directly afterwards.

LMH I third the others, only six hours!

Anyone trying to see the live broadcast of the Monty Python thing on Sunday night?

Have a good one all.

• Afternoon all,

• What: 6ish
    • Why:  found a nice run along the banks of the itchen.  Well It would have been a nice run but for the nettle stings and thwacks in the eyeball from recalcitrant Buddleja.  My only solace was coming across a bevvy of scantily clad bating beauties...
    • Last Hard: Typing this for the 3rd time - site has gone weird on me.
    • Last Rest: Sunday

Have a god one!

• Afternoon

What 8+ (including 2x1 mile efforts)

Why still testing things out

Lyrics no

LMH I reckon that you could only race one of them and Abingdon would be the better chance of success. I think that running the half is a good idea with a couple of miles warm up and cool down to make up the miles.

Ran 8 easyish speeding up miles 5 and 7 (6:24; 6:32) not too hot as there was a bit of a breeze though the rest of the day has been a scorcher.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Enjoy your time off in Spanish alehouses, alehouse image

only
    six hours LMH, you slacker image

Em: damn hot today, innit?

I actually got a grip yesterday and cycled to the lake for a 30 min swim. It was lovely. I wouldn't have fancied a run but a short splash was brilliant. And today I ran into work image even took a little detour to make it my long run so I can be lazy again on Sunday when it's supposed to get really hot.

what: 17.5 miles
    why: planning ahead
    last hard: oh those last few in the heat weren't so nice
    last rest: Sunday
    lyrics: no

We are off cycling for a few days on Monday. So next week will be a bike week and I won't take any running kit (panniers aren't big enough to fit it all in).