what challenge next

Ok so in january after turning 50 and hitting nearly 17 stone with high blood pressure and bad knees I decide to change my life. Fast forward 6 months of shin splints and pushing my running I am down to 15.9 stone, blood pressure is going down and have just completed the lottery anniversary run, time was not great at just over an hour but I done it. I now want to get to next stage, but what to do. Tough mudder Boot camp 10k any advice would be great. going to gym though bores me to tears.

Comments

• Are you still suffering with the shin splints?

• triathlon.the cross training of the cycling and swimming means less running and less pressure on running and so less likely to get injuredimage

• Shine splints still there. Gonna take 3 weeks off now to see if they recover. Could not do that before race as i needed the training.

Tried ice, kt tape, toe and heel exercise but no help.

Sprint triathlon mmmm that sounds like a challenge.

Swapping shine splints for a sore a**e
  • off-road
    trail (or preferably fell image ) running
    less pounding for joints, and less chance of repetetive-strain type conditions developing

tbf I myself did do a couple of years of improving my times at 10k/Half-Mara before seeing the light image

• Perhaps you solve the problems in the Middle East!

• What with my freckles Middle Easy far too hot
  • hornbeam wrote (see)

Sprint triathlon mmmm that sounds like a challenge. 

Did an Ironman to celebrate being 50...

• ZSL Streak for Tigers

• Oooooh no.

my short fat white freckled old body with a little john thomas the hyenas would never stop laughing.
  • You did say you wanted a challenge