Options

workplace bullying

Comments

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Cheers Max, yes I've found the 200's session is a great way to increase pace without having to half kill myself.

Some argue that a four or five mile tempo run has the same effect. It doesn't, unless they assume they are training their pain threshold.

I like the way with the 200's its possible to make mistakes with too fast a pace but still have the opportunity to retrieve the situation. 

Speed endurance in a subtle way.

🙂

• Options
    It is a great session Ric. Been doing it about every 3 weeks in build up to 5ks and definitely helped with turnover and form.

Why, why, why. Sreamie you are so needy. I was pulling your chain. Chill out I love you really x
  • Options

I will if you will. Pax?

• Options
    Look Screamie I realise you have crush on me but I am a happily married man. So though you would I will have to decline on this occasion x
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I'm blaming it on the heat, can I offer everyone a pot of buy one get one free Ben and Jerries ice cream.

wish I could join in the boy's conversstion but as a girl, i'm just getting ready to run a couple of marathons instead this weekend so cannot join the boys talking.... image 

Yes my tongue is in cheek. 

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I quite often ran as many as 30 x 200m on the track but doing one per minute. Just enough time to finish each one, wheel around on the spot and get ready to 'go again'.

I could tell when I was getting really tired as I would lose track of time and 'start late'.

As you know I have these 'training principle' discussions elsewhere. I feel like I'm regarded as a bit of a loose cannon. The reality is I've had level 4 coaches come up to me and ask my opinion.

That session of 200's is certainly a favourite as a fun speed session. Try it with a pack of 15 runners.

🙂

• Options
    Maxpower North West wrote (see)
    Look Screamie I realise you have crush on me but I am a happily married man. So though you would I will have to decline on this occasion x

Nope, no crush, a *handshake is the most you're going to get.

*Not a euphemism.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

booktrunk, you can join in the running chat anytime you like. Running marathons certainly makes the grade.

🙂

• Options

booktrunk wrote (see)

I'm blaming it on the heat, can I offer everyone a pot of buy one get one free Ben and Jerries ice cream.

wish I could join in the boy's conversstion but as a girl, i'm just getting ready to run a couple of marathons instead this weekend so cannot join the boys talking.... image 

Yes my tongue is in cheek. 

Sadly I've already  had chips, beans and beer so ice cream is out of scope image

• Options
    Just to be clear I am happy to talk to girls or Stevie G about running.

Ric - usually do 25 but pressed for time today image

Screamie - you want me, it aint a crime xxx
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I've just gone through half a pot of Baked Alaska... Oops!! Or rather YUMMY!!! 

• Options

Really not Max.  If the handshake doesn't suit a high five is my final offer.

• Options
    Net - yes that explains totally why I think you are a cowardly little bully. You are much worse than a fruit loop.
  • Options
    Okay you may high five me when we meet. Ice cream :

-) x
  • Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I went in to buy 1 pot and somehow sort of came out with six pots.... Innocent whistle. 

Baked Alaska, phish food, caramel chew chew, two frozen yogurt flavoured ones, and a chocolate one!! 

Diet screwed! 

• Options

Either that was some offer they had on or you did, in fact, go a bit mad imageimage

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

I ended up paying £14.47 for the six potsimage was expecting to pay £5 for 1,... image bit of ice cream rage a bit of ohhhh cannot resist image

• Options

You've already made your point. Time and time again. And it really is time to let it go now. Use the ignore button and let's all have a bit of a break from this at least. Please.

• Options
    TheDanTheDan ✭✭✭

NTWC, you've made your point, however you completely undermine it by using the KKK reference, allusions to racism is never cool, no matter what the provocation.  how about we all stop with the name calling stop chasing each other round the forums if you dont like each other, fine, just (and here's the major revelation) maybe just avoid posting comment on each others posts?

frankly i'm a bit bored of both of you throwing muck over the forum

• Options

To the OP.

have ever been to a funeral?

life is too short to put up with office nonsense. 

React as is reasonable in the circumstances, back yourself, move forward.

just once....just this once, stop seeking shelter in others - including Union reps. Life is simply to short.

• Options

Wow...I've just back peddled on this thread and seen a load of complete BS that's reminded me of why I don't check in here more than once a year.

Some of you need to step away from the keyboard.

Kittenkat coming in for grief? Wise up chumps. That's a brave, clever and charismatic chick you're trolling there. .....who probably doesn't need me to fight her battles. 

Seriously, calm the fuck down. Go for a run.

• Options

Plenty of arse licking too eh? Like you say, KK can defend herself, so let her.

• Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

In ten years time (more or less) you'll look back at this stuff and wondered why the hell you thought it actually mattered so much.

Much like the 'office politics' of a place that no longer exists.

🙂

• Options

Wise words Ric - do you really think it'll take as much as ten years though? image

• Options
    If you threatened to punch her in the face, though, you'd be out of a job too. It works both ways.

In summary, grow up, the pair of you. You're embarrassing.
  • Options
    RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Quite often while running a particular route, I pass a guy sleeping rough (sort of, he has a tent). I do wonder if he also had adopted that, 'I don't take any shit' attitude. It wouldn't have helped him.

Anyone who reacts with bristling indignation at the merest of slights will ultimately fail. Too confrontational, too threatening. Someone to avoid. All favours revoked, if they had any to call on in the first place.

🙂

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭
    Ric, massive tangent but have you seen the piece on the bbc website about Steve Way? Have they used your pic in the video?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/get-inspired/27994073