Term time holidays

Comments

• Ladies, please....

• Screamy.....it can't change really..........the campsites and hotels need to make large profits in summer when supply is high to cover the losses they make in the winter.....

• StopGenocideInGaza wrote (see)
    Running man- you need to take your head out if your arse. If you are going yo comment on this then go back and read the whole back story- otherwise shut up you boring old tart.

My head is fine you should worry about your own, you're actually sick, the further back I read the more twisted and dangerous you become (to women)

• Not highjacking the post but just got to say 'StopGenocideInGaza' is pretty much the best forum name ever!

The BBC need to find a backbone and show what is really happening, both in Gaza and around the world where huge demonstrations are taking place in support of stopping the war in Gaza- but even these demos are ignored by mainstream media.

Wake up, it's a war crime!!!

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

SGIG -- You're very quick to point out when others flout the forum code of conduct yet continue to do so yourself...  Just saying...

• DeanR7 wrote (see)

Faithsdaddy, i mean no disrespect, but you come across as someone who has limited/no power or influence and is fighting the system looking for every slight "win" or sneaky way past the bosses/hierachy.    If your way is so "wise" how come you only ended up as a postman?

I have no power to fight the system, just like every one of you.  Even a politician has to make side deals to get something he wants and the prime minister has made no bones of the policies he can't get in place because of the coalition.

How does being a postman make any difference to taking my kid out of school for holidays?  

What's wrong being a postman?  Until a year or so ago, I was earning more than the national average, I live in a 5 bedroom detached house in one of the best parts of the country (the place where the world's first public leccy supply was run- can't say it, because of spam bots) and I've had at least a dozen weeks holiday each year for the last 10 years.

• Runnin man wrote (see)
    Faithsdaddy wrote (see)

Rules are to guide the wise and for the fool to follow.

Believing this puts you firmly in category 2

Why?

• Faithsdaddy wrote (see)
    Runnin man wrote (see)
    Faithsdaddy wrote (see)

Rules are to guide the wise and for the fool to follow.

Believing this puts you firmly in category 2

Why?

Need I say any more?

• Why, Does Godalming get more spam bots than average ?

I blame the posties who deliver them image

• Running Man- Yes, you do.  You've not explained why it puts me in the second category and I asked you to.  Do you have a reason?  If not, then I propose you're just being a snide.

• I would have thought that for most intelligent people a rule is a rule is a rule. There are not two rules for the wise and for the fools, if everyone thought like that it would be a pretty pointless existence, or were you simply being obtuse?

• Faithsdaddy wrote (see)
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

Faithsdaddy, i mean no disrespect, but you come across as someone who has limited/no power or influence and is fighting the system looking for every slight "win" or sneaky way past the bosses/hierachy.    If your way is so "wise" how come you only ended up as a postman?

I have no power to fight the system, just like every one of you.  Even a politician has to make side deals to get something he wants and the prime minister has made no bones of the policies he can't get in place because of the coalition.

How does being a postman make any difference to taking my kid out of school for holidays?  

What's wrong being a postman?  Until a year or so ago, I was earning more than the national average, I live in a 5 bedroom detached house in one of the best parts of the country (the place where the world's first public leccy supply was run- can't say it, because of spam bots) and I've had at least a dozen weeks holiday each year for the last 10 years.

so you are a postman who you say stopped work at lunchtime as you had done your work and you get at least a dozen weeks off a year........and earn more than the average...........

and you have no responsibility of life or death .or have responsibility for managing staff or making decisions........

if thats what you are saying...then maybe people will start to think that the new owners are right and that you had it too easy in the past and had to start living in the real world...image

• Runnin man wrote (see)

I would have thought that for most intelligent people a rule is a rule is a rule. There are not two rules for the wise and for the fools, if everyone thought like that it would be a pretty pointless existence, or were you simply being obtuse?

Not being obtuse, just thought you were trying to make a smart arse comment, without any substance behind it.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

• Well everything our postman pushed thro the door yesterday I stuck back in the post box on my way to work..

A letter to an address I have never heard of (we only live in a small village, and it wasn't here) and 5 bits of advertising

• There's 'fighting the system' and 'giving it to the man' by snatching an extra 5 mins off  at lunch break and getting your own way, and then there's 'fighting the system' by standing up for bullied, oppressed or less fortunate people and possibly suffering for your beliefs.

One is so worthy, the other so repugnant.

• seren nos wrote (see)  

so you are a postman who you say stopped work at lunchtime as you had done your work and you get at least a dozen weeks off a year........and earn more than the average...........

and you have no responsibility of life or death .or have responsibility for managing staff or making decisions........

if thats what you are saying...then maybe people will start to think that the new owners are right and that you had it too easy in the past and had to start living in the real world...image

We get done early because we work fast from the moment we get in, don't take breaks and cut sensible corners.  If we did the job to the letter (which will happen soon), we won't be able to get our deliveries done in time.  Everyone suffers then; us for getting home later, the company for the fines and loss of customers and the customers themselves who don't get their stuff.  

It has already happened in many areas.

I have few responsibilities in my job and I'm happy with that.  Done the manager thing before and it's not worth the hassle for an extra 10 or so grand a year.  Of course, if someone loves what they do and is well paid for it, then that's wonderful image

• KK- used to earn more than average.  Not now though.  Used to get paid the full duty time to do an extra delivery (8 hours) and it would only take a couple.  Now they pay 5 hours and it takes 4.  I did two deliveries the other day and it took 7.5 hours in one go and almost a marathon in distance (literally).

That's why I need to do something else.  But hey, no job is for life anymore, is it image

• That's £35 BTW, 'cos overtime is paid at a lower rate as well.  That's not much money for 4 hours of fast walking.

• sooper8 wrote (see)

There's 'fighting the system' and 'giving it to the man' by snatching an extra 5 mins off  at lunch break and getting your own way, and then there's 'fighting the system' by standing up for bullied, oppressed or less fortunate people and possibly suffering for your beliefs.

One is so worthy, the other so repugnant.

Start a thread, including your top story of standing up for someone/ thing, then I'll put mine in.  My job and term time holidays (which is what the thread is about) doesn't really give much scope for what you're saying mate, does it image

• Faithsdaddy - You seem to assume that I was addressing you. I wasn't , I was addressing the topic of 'beating the system' that was a general theme a few posts up.

Things seem to have moved on from the original topic of term time holidays.

I wasn't aware you were the forum moderator , keeping things on topic.

Very friendly forum this....