Term time holidays

12346»

Comments

• StopGenocideInGaza wrote (see)
    Nayan/screamy, my point is that companies factor in down time. Screamy- How a company can think it is ok for you to have nothing to do just because someone else in the company's production line has got behind is amazing. Are you a public servant?
    Nayan- I guess it is swings and roundabouts really, surfing during work means you are there if the shut hits the fan, a day off means you are not, but they can choose not to pay you if they like, so I guess it is down to how you view it morally, but I don't think there is aright or wrong, just opposing views.

It isn't OK for me to have nothing to do but I've been pushing for this info for ages and not getting it. It's a combinaton of bad systems and people who can't be arsed. Point A. is being addressed in the long term but until someone higher up than my line manager gives a rats about point B nothing is going to change any time soon.

I don't want to sit here not doing anything either but there you are. Right now I'm waiting for someone who is 10 minutes late for a meeting.

And no, I'm not a public servant.

Oh, and I'm here half an hour earlier than I need to be each morning.

Still waiting for that person to arrive BTW...

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

Faithsdaddy, i mean no disrespect, but you come across as someone who has limited/no power or influence and is fighting the system looking for every slight "win" or sneaky way past the bosses/hierachy.    If your way is so "wise" how come you only ended up as a postman?

Sometimes there are things you think but dare not post and then along comes someone who does it for you.

Goddamit! I'm going to take up 800m & 1500m running because of this.

I have also started drincking erly todat twoo.

🙂

• KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

For purely selfish reasons I am against term time holidays:

1) I don't want to go on hoiday and find that the hotel/resort is full of kids.

2) I don't want to pay more for my holidays, due to companies realising  that at certain times demand is increased by parents taking children out of school during term time.

3) The holiday season is already extended to far with school terms being staggered.

4) Children, bah humbug! image

• RicF wrote (see)
    DeanR7 wrote (see)

Faithsdaddy, i mean no disrespect, but you come across as someone who has limited/no power or influence and is fighting the system looking for every slight "win" or sneaky way past the bosses/hierachy.    If your way is so "wise" how come you only ended up as a postman?

Sometimes there are things you think but dare not post and then along comes someone who does it for you.

Goddamit! I'm going to take up 800m & 1500m running because of this.

I have also started drincking erly todat twoo.

That's ok.  If I have to work, I think my jobs better than many/ most.  I am not concerned with prestige.  That is only of interest to the ego, which is something any spiritual person looks to overcome.

Sigh.  I don't always expect to agree with my 'opponents' in a debate, but I always hope to learn something.  Obviously, when a thread degrades to little more than name calling (such as the KKK chants), I know it's all over for this thread.

Shame.  I was really hoping someone would actually challenge me.

• Sound theory. If I went on holiday for a week I'm pretty sure it would be in the same state when I got back though.image

It comes to something when someone you thought used to be crap (and actually still is) looks like the model of efficiency compared to others.

To be fair they could well be dead - they've never replied.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Shame.  I was really hoping someone would actually challenge me.

Challenge you to what? Fd.

Yes, I can just imagine the headlines surrounding your victory concerning this challenge. 'Postman's great feat'.

🙂

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

i was thinking the same Ric.  nothing to challenge him on as all the salient points were made a long time ago. 

KK - i might not often agree with you but hold the moral ground on his name calling.  rise above you are better than that.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Indeed Dean. And a belated congratulations on becoming the second fastest 1500m runner over the age of 40 in Britain today.

Just thought I'd mention that.

🙂

• StopGenocideInGaza wrote (see)
    Runnin man- you are an old woman in an old tarts body and mind.

There are worse things I could be, as you've proved

• Jeez it's Groundhog Day...image

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    RicF wrote (see)

Indeed Dean. And a belated congratulations on becoming the second fastest 1500m runner over the age of 40 in Britain today.

Just thought I'd mention that.

If you want to punch the cornflakes and chocolate milk in other threads, that's fine. Here isn't about willy waving in running or anything else, and never has been.

It's about opinion because it's your opinion. Don't try and feather your nest because someone 'fast' posted that you know.  Here is a respite from that shit.

!

🙂

• Snap!Snap! ✭✭✭

On Friday I attempted to book a local kennels so my dog can have a Summer Break while we're nobbing round Canada in an RV. The new problem is that all the kennels are booked full during the holidays because of this ridiculous rule. Which means prices will go up during the period to make up for the quiet times during school term.

basically this is another ill-thought out, shit policy.