whats next

13»

Comments

• IronBlue wrote (see)
    Entered and accomidation booked!

Cool (the water will be!) I have accom for the sandman as Mrs9 is coming with me. I will travel on the day for the snowman as I will be on my own - too cold for the OH! - see you there IB.

• So I need a bit of advice from all you helpful people. Next year's primary goal is IM Wales which is confirmed as being 13 Sept.

Advice on here (which makes sense) is that the Long Course Weekend is the perfect prep (with possible exception of the run) which is confirmed as 3rd - 5th July.

Most Training plans also suggest a half ironman as decent training, and I'd still like to do 1 or 2 in the build up to Wales.

IronMan do a race-ready bundle deal for Wimbleball + Wales, but Wimbleball is 1 week before LCW. Is it feasible to do both? or is doing a hard HIM then LCW a week later asking for trouble? Maybe work hard at the HIM and treat LCW as more of a course recce?

Other option would be forget Wimbleball and do 70.3 Staffs which would give 3 weeks, but 1. I get the impression it's not as good in terms of hill training / toughness of bike course and 2. Might already have missed the boat regarding pre-registration.

Prior to these, as per previous post, I'm looking at a half-marathon in March, Tough Mudder with my sister in April and then the Immortal Half Ironman in May.

• I am more worried about the hill run in than the water temp! Looks bloody high!
  • DaylightR have you thought about Bala? Few there this year who were entered in Ironman Wales...... Hilly bike and a choppy swim this year. The run is hilly too. A challenging half IMO
  • Good point - had forgotten about Bala. Have they confirmed the date for 2015 yet? or do you know roughly which weekend it usually falls on?

• IronBlue wrote (see)
    I am more worried about the hill run in than the water temp! Looks bloody high!

This is where your knees come in handy! 

DaylightR wrote (see)

Good point - had forgotten about Bala. Have they confirmed the date for 2015 yet? or do you know roughly which weekend it usually falls on?

DR - Was the first weekend in June this year, good course prep for the IM, did it this year before bolton.