Where is your favourite place to run?

2»

Comments

• I run along the seafront where I live, during the summer, hoards of day-trippers arrive and school-groups can get in the way, so any time after 10am is usually hit and miss.

My favourite time to run along there is early morning, going out for a run at 6.30am once was fantastic, especially if it is a mild day.

• When in London I have a real soft spot for Lea Valley Park, specifically the Tottenham Marshes (although I do live nearby); my favourite spot though is where my parents live in the Vendee region of France. Incredibly rural and with a wide array of undulating trails and great roads alike. Superb running.

• KenbroKenbro ✭✭✭

I have visited to the Vendee several times myself and enjoy running in the trails through the forest around St Jean de monts. The only drawback is getting up early to avoid the heat.  

• I love running along the thames from Hampton court to Kingston upon Thames, lovely scenery. Nobody hassles you, no pervy men oggling you, or bitchy women refusing to let you pass and it's nice that other runners/cyclists acknowledge you. Its a very different experience when running in my home town in Suffolk!
  • misty moorland works for me - usually around the Ilkley Moor area in West Yorks, or upper Wharfedale.