Thursday Session (10th Oct 2002)

2»

Comments

• Mother: Blue rinse
    Younger sister: Hair like Nigella Lawson
    Oldest daughter: Hair like a sheepdog
    Other daughters: Hair full of ribbons and bows and flowers
    Son: Number three all over
    Me: Going to top up my short back and sides this afternoon and wishing I had a pretty face (or a Y chromosome) so that I could carry off the full Sinead O'Connor look.
  • i had to get my 17 year old 'little' brother to buy me a pint in his local pub when i was 22, as they didn't think i was old enough. How sad is that.
  • What: 4 miles with 1.5 @ goal 10K pace
    Why: Last tune-up before Sunday
    Last hard run: Tuesday
    Last rest day: yesterday.
  • Mum : Black/brownish hair
    Dad : Black /Brownish
    Brother: Black/brownish
    Me : Redhead

Postman,Milkman ...?...
  • Can't update you on my training as I'm injured and sulking. So thought I'd just remind you that it's my birthday next week - the 16th.

I'll be 34, which means I will have left my "early 30s" and limped quietly into my "mid 30s".
  • Rest day today
    Hair: streaked red/blonde/brown/gold very short
  • neilruns
    sorry mate
    mid 30s are 32.5 to 37.5, so you are already there
    in 53 weeks time you'll be in your late 30s

now didn't that help you feel brighter!
  • Cheers Nick. I though I'd round the numbers up when entering the mid-30s and round them down when leaving, thus gaining a year of mid-30s. You've rumbled me.
  • PB
    I think you're right about the 3 grey hairs.

I developed one shortly after getting married and one more after each of the kids was born. Then all of a sudden I woke up and found loads - so either my folicular autumn came up suddenly or I procreated madly and didn't notice (but it's not the sort of thing you'd forget is it?).
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be a veteran by Christmas. Sob :-(

B/F has a full head of thick hair, but has been grey since early twenties: his brother has very little grey at 40-something, but the tide is going out fast.

Today's training (well, someone had to.....)

What: 7 miles steady
    Why: 3 miler felt SOOOO good last night - slow but strong, despite being less than 2 weeks since marathon.

Last rest: Tuesday
    Last Hard: Yesterday (well, hardish :-))
  • It's only my body, PB. They stuck someone else's head on it. If you look really closely, you can see the join.

Neil, hope you're better soon. Happy birthday!

I spoke too soon about absence of twinges. Did maintenance 6.6 miles at modest pace, not a bad run but felt a bit passive - the road was carrying me along instead of me tackling the road. Now got sore glutes, probaby a delayed effect of squillions of squats at Bodypump last night. Will have a rest day tomorrow.

Bought my first two pairs of proper running tights today. Chuffed to find some that weren't too long.
  • My triceps are sore
    Is it anything to do with typing on this forum?
  • Just did 2m with juniors and 6.5 with seniors at the club - really good it was too!

as for ancestery - I'm 6ft 1 inch, my dad was 5ft 7 and my mum 4ft 11. The milkman had a Shire horse!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Gillian - Happy Birthday - but Its 9.15 pm so I guess you're already on the wine...

Given this is a training thread , better late than never (although done this morning)
    What : 6*800m at 5k pace with 200m recovs
    Felt really good (bizarre....)
    Why : weekly intervals
    Last rest : Friday
    Last hard : today.

Also ran to and from the gym (about 1 1/4 miles each way)

Cheers

(Oh yeah , full head of hair, although its usually a #1 or #2)
  • must ask someone about proper interval training for a real slowie
    Cant stay at my speed for ever
    Well done all
  • What: as if anyone's interested, but here we go, teaching Body Balance, then 30 min recovery very slow, only did 5k
    Why: feeling a bit ill
    Last hard: yesterday's 8 miles was reasonable
    Last easy: today
  • the favourite lost

2 miles in 11:45½ (1st mile in 5:49 - could have paced it better perhaps)

That really is it now till Sunday.