Re-fueling during long runs

2»

Comments

• E mmy: please send 2 or 3 for me. I may get a couple from evans cycles (orange and berry). Therefore if you have a different flavour that would be great...

My scheduled 19mi this weekend will be interesting with all these new gels, food, etc on my belt image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Okidoke. I'll only get to the post office on Friday so you won't get them in time for this week!

• No worries Emmy, plenty of LR on schedule image

Thank you very very much

• E mmy: please send 2 or 3 for me. I may get a couple from evans cycles (orange and berry). Therefore if you have a different flavour that would be great...

My scheduled 19mi this weekend will be interesting with all these new gels, food, etc on my belt image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Included them in the box image

• E mmy wrote (see)

Included them in the box image

You are a STAR!!!

• Chri5BChri5B ✭✭✭

Cheers to whoever suggested Jaffa Cakes earlier in the thread.  Took some out with me today (30k LSR) for the first time and they made a very nice change.  Mixed them up with a couple of gels, Tangfastics and Powerbar Powergel Shots. 

69p for a twin pack in Home Bargains, so super cheap as well (if you don't scoff the rest once you get home!)

• MillsyMillsy ✭✭✭
    Wow Chris, that's quite a lot to take on board for a 19 mile LSR.
  • 2x High5 gels, 1x jordans cereal bar, high5 electrolytes on 4 10oz bottles (belt)....Survived a 19mi LSR yesterday....

might try jaffa cakes next weekend....

also tried a pair on saucony kinvara4 (4mm heel drop) on my 4mi recovery run today....really nice image

• Run the wild mentioned tablets that you can drop into your bottle /cup. I don't get on with gels as they give me a bad stomach so i have experimented with different tablets and blocks and powders.

Personally i like clif shot blocks as an alternative to gels, they are expensive but i find one an hour is perfect for me with no stomach problems. With regards tablets, i find high 5 zero tablets very good, they are purely electrolytes and they are effervescent tabs so they are easy to carry and you can just drop one in your bottle or cup at the drinks station