Country to Capital

Hello all

I am training for the Country to Capital ultra marathon which is 45 miles form Wendover to Paddington. I was wondering if anyone else was training for this and if they fancied hooking up for some long training runs?

I am in the Slough area and looking for training partners for Saturday and Sunday runs.

Pat

Comments

• Pat

not sure if doing this again but living within a mile of checkpoint 2 (about 18 miles in if I recall correctly) I can tell you that unless you want a horribly dull run along the canal, stick to the Wendover to Denham section on your runs.....this is the only section where you might get lost and the only section where there are any hilly bits.....plus it's quite nice countryside

I recce'd the same section last year twice prior to race day and it really helped

• Clive

thanks for that.

I live quite near the canal bit and run along this frequently so know it very well. I have planned some recces for Septemebr to look at the route. Hopefully some people out there will be looking for some long run opartners soon!!

Pat

• Hi Pat, I logged on to this forum to ask the same question. I am in Maidenhead and training for the CTC 2015..

Are you or anyone still looking for partners for long runs on Sunday? My plans has 35 to 50k runs in November and December.

Happy to travel and meet somewhere as long as it is early morning starts.

Liam