Fit Fat Club - Thurs 10th Oct 2002

13»

Comments

• Daisy, it's less than 5 hours down the motorway from Killie to Brum if you aren't too strict about the speed limit, and I could give you accommodation. Which reminds me - I'm definitely in Killie from the 27th until the 29th October - will you be up for a meeting, or even a run?

Checked the map - Sedgeley probably too far to transport you all chez Raptor afterwards, but I'd definitely be up for Sunday lunch out somewhere in the area.

Benz, you'd love it. You know you would. Scarlet Runner, you don't have to be fast. Goodness knows I'm not. Just be prepared to get a bit wet and grungy.

I've upped my financial stake in these off-roaders by having a trip to Sutton Runner and buying some trail shoes (I thought Timberland was just a fashion brand, but they seem OK) and been seduced by a rack of Climalite tops and tights. Can't BELIEVE I have just bought two pairs of skin-tight running tights, but they fitted widthways (which is often a problem with sports gear), lengthways (which is always a problem when you're 5'1") and looked and felt fantastic...in the shop. The test will come in front of husband and kids later.

• GlennGlenn ✭✭✭
    There are lots of decent places for lunch nearby. It really is a great event for slow runners, the conditions just equalise everything so much.

Let us know how you get on with the Timberlands V-rap, I need to look at trail shoes myself for the winter.
  • Just checked out the web site for this suicide six .. do you need spikes to run this kind of race ? I used to love plugging through the mud.. but that was 20 years ago .. maybe time for a reminder ...
    We could meet up for a run the time you are here V-rap... compare tights etc ;-)...I'm saying run .. cos otherwise I would end up in the pub !!!
    It is the weekend before the FW half ... so that would be great .. unless you are planning an 8 or 9 mile sprint .. then it will be Help ...
  • unfortunately yes - I just had half a kingsize one and found one of those pnut brittle things but it was horrible -not as good as the Greek variety!

But I did have a 40 minute walk in getting it so I guess that is kind of ok.

watched Nigella doing unfeasibly delicious things with Chocolate and figs, then its Fat Friends!
    and I've got indigestion!

Trail shoes - anyone got stormy Pegasus - are they really weattherproof?
  • cicken in tomato and crene fraich suce (sorry pixie) topped with cheesy potatoes, yse ,I made it all myself, two gins and a cream slice
    MMMMM
    Run tomorrow!!
    Bune, do you live in the middle of nowhere?
    40 min walk to a shop????
  • Daisy, e-mail me with a time (Monday or Tuesday) and a place, and I shall be there unless I fall off Ben Nevis on the Saturday. You can be absolutely confident that velociraptors do not sprint, ever. There's always the pub afterwards...they've all got different names whenever I come back to the Auld Toon. You can't be too far from what was the Dalespark Inn when I was a hospital slave at Crosshouse.

I've been assured that ordinary trail shoes rather than spikes will do nicely for the Suicide Sixish. Shame - I quite fancied splashing out on a pair of spikes. And I really want to be able to justify getting racing flats sometime.

Missed Nigella tonight. Shame. I like her cos she looks like my sister and has the same mannerisms as one of my best friends. Not much interested in the recipes as I tend to wing it when I'm cooking. Lovely healthy oven-baked wild salmon with spuds and a mountain of veg sprinkled with soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds tonight. Even Mr V-rap and Kevin didn't need to butter their potatoes. Makes up for the Werther splurge when going from school via hairdresser to running shop and home through heavy traffic with two very wriggly little daughters, and the delicious cheese and chive scone which was Kevin's offering from school cookery today.

Then spent a fortune ordering flowers and chocs and books online for people to whom I felt I owed a surprise present.

Credit card has lost a lot of weight today.

• MM sounds nice
    mine was too, but much more high fat
    fancy some poached salmon at the weekend
  • no I live in urban sprawl of greater Manchester and the shop i went to is about 15 minutes walk away (the nearest is about 2 1/2 mins away then there a couple that are 5 minutes away) but I put the extra bit on because I was feeling a bit down and I have got a new excuse

I walk ..because I can!

• Well done
    It all counts!!
    Was fat friends good, cos Ive been glued to the forum
  • its abit sad really - the lisa riley character has met up with the school bully in her workplace and shes making her life a misery again

but its ending well as shes spilling her guts to the bloke she fancies and hes listening to her troubles
  • Hello,

Fell off wagon again and I think it was moving apace!

Work is a nightmare for being good.

Got in late to a rollicking with a "B"

Feeling humble!

Night night

• Never mind maccy, were all here to support you
    Go for a run tomorrow
    Bune, you watching AND typing??
  • dear Benz

Full intention of running gently for 25 mins tomorrow. Nothing too strenuous until after "Dulwich 10k" on sunday.
  • yep

its ended well she sacked the bully and the bloke likes her aaaaahhh
  • Brillant
    We can all retire happy
    Enjoy your run maccy
  • tommorrows another day

and its October (still)

boing
  • And it's only three weeks and one multi-terrain race till pay day.

• missed it cos on here
    Well done EP
    Shall watch repeat on Monday
  • Must be too drunk to see the wine
    Hic
  • EP, you don't need wine. You need sleep. Go to bed.