CAniX

I am after some advice on getting into CaniX racing with my 3 year old Vizsla.  We have always run together (both on and off lead) but I would like to introduce her to racing with me. I am also hoping that racing in the company of other dogs will help her work on her overenthusiastic (read: rude in dog etiquette!) interactions with other dogs.  Much of our running takes us far away from others and when she does see a dog she acts as if she hasn't seen another of her kind in years. image sigh

I am so overwhelmed by the numerous websites out there offering their wares but would like to buy a CaniX harness and belt.  Can anyone help guide me through this?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Theres been a few threads on this lately - use the search button - but spell it Canicross and you get lots of hits. Sorry I cant link to the threads.
  • My new dogs pull like mad on the lead or run off when released image

I have just looked up a quality harness's and belts for my dogs... £100ish

So I have bought a cheap harness from Pets at Home and then attached a bit of para-cord to a leather belt. 

Result; they run next to me at the 2 o'clock position and do not pull at all. But at least they do not disappear for 5 mins at a time.

I would recommend either borrowing or rigging up a cheap system before investing in a quality set up. 

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your replies! I'll follow up image