Options

Yoga

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've just started going back to yoga classes after 2 years out with a back injury (nothing to do with yoga!). It's wonderful.

Gumpster - don't buy the videos. The best way to learn is to go to class regularly and then,when ready, start some home practice from a good book.

If anyone wants to find an Iyengar yoga class, they should call the Maida Vale centre www.iyi.org.uk and they can put you in contact with a local rep who will put you in contact with a local teacher, etc, etc.
  • Options
    Gumpster - bad luck, you'll ache even more tomorrow!! But it does get easier.
  • Options
    Thanks all for this thread, I''ve been considring going to a Yoga class for ages, and I'm DEFINITELY going to go on Wednesday. Even better is that the class I'll go to is taken by an excellent local runner.
  • Options
    That's an added bonus KS! I remember doing a series of classes at the local gym once and the 'musclemen' used to walk past the room looking down their noses at us, as though it wasn't real exercise. I don't think they had any idea how tough yoga can be.