Options

How to find a teammate

Hi image

I am planning to enter my first adventure race(s) in 2015. And I have a maybe simple question: How to find teammates/teams? I am not yet fast enough to enter a "good" team looking for members but most of my friends are not too fond of sports or just like sports where you run absolutely no risk of getting mud on your clothesimage

Are there any forums where I can look for teammates or any hints how to do so?

Comments

• Options
    Whereabouts in the UK are you based and what race(s) are you planning on entering?
  • Options

I`m based in Germany to be honest...but Germany has close to no scene concerning that. I was first of all planning to start in Rat Race coast to coast in September next year, but would also be willing to consider additional ones.

• Options

one place is to look on here to see if there is a thread on the race,..if not you could start one.

the other suggestion is to see if the race or organisers have a facebook page.some have really good ones with loads of people posting and you should be able to ask there if anyone wants to play with you...

good luck

• Options
    Well you dont need a team mate for the coast to coast.

If you're getting serious at it - go check out sleepmonsters - thats a forum for adventure racing.
  • Options

No I know, I can start there on my own but most adventure races can only be entered in teams (and it`s more fun too I thinkimage ). Coast to coast will be my first try. I did triathlon earlier but it is a bit too "serious" for me and I hope adventure races have more fun factor.

Thank you for your hints!

• Options

Join an orienteering club. They are full of like minded nutters. Many orienteers  do mountain marathons which also attract adventure race types.

Orienteering requires more use of the brain than plain running and so is better suited to adventure race types. Most orienteers I know are prepared to give anything new a try.

You will also pick up many of the skills you will need for Adventure Racing.