Alternative to Garmin 110

Dave928Dave928 ✭✭✭

My 110 is getting a bit old in the tooth. The battery doesn't hold its charge as well as it did and it's not picking up satellites as quickly. Also it's always been a bit temperamental, the clip isn't reliable and the garmin website doesn't seem to work properly with my old laptap (it's xp). It has been great when it's worked but it could be oh so much better.

So what's the alternative? I just want something simple to measure distance and time, see the route on a map, and give me split lap times for every km. Is the Garmin 10 an improvement or is there another brand I should be looking at?

Comments

• The 10 is the model "below" the 110 - don't think it doesn't have what you need. Just may take more time to upload / connect etc

The latest equivalents are the 15 and 220

I've had the 110 and suffered same problems so chose to "upgrade"

Literally received an email from amazon where the Garmin 10 is going for ??75 quid at 8AM and the others are reasonably priced

Go for that? it won't be noticeably different from the 110 or if you prefer to treat yourself and want to spend a little more the 15 or 220 are the current models and both very good..
    Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • PS - The 220 has a super reliable clip, charger and connects GPS within seconds and I have had zero problems where as I'd be forever forcing my 110 to clip in, connect and the thing got even more worn out just from that frustration!
    Pain is weakness leaving the body