Wrdnesday 31st Dec 2014

Morning, Todays lyrics:And you know it's time to go. Yesterday's lyrics :Wonderful tonight by Eric Clapton. Off out for 30mins Steady. Back later

Comments

• Morning.

Enjoy birks. Still very dodgy underfoot here.

Welcome back Alex - what's the dissertation on?

What:                       something at the gym again
    Why:                        conditions are not conducive
    Last hard:                being patient
    Last rest:                 28/12

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning LMH

A dreich day here.

Off to work soon.

Alex:Good to have you back
  • Morning LM.H, BM

Dreich here too (and due to get worse).
    At work just now

What: probably nothing
    Why: see above and on 1234
    Last rest: Saturday
    Lyrics: no

• Don't believe it, somehow managed to lose my yak tracks on the morning walk with neither Mark nor I noticing. image

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

hope all is good

what:waiting for a mate's shopping to arrive so we can run in the forest

why:I need to do this seriously getting lazy

last hard: saturday

last rest: yesterday

have a good new years eve all and happy new year

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning! Sunny here and about 6 degrees.

What: 5.75k gentle
    Why: legs need gentle!

So, 2020.74k for the year, and 293.72k for December (1255.6 miles for the year/ 182.5 miles in Dec). December must have been the biggest month for many a year.

Hope you find the yaks, LMH, and enjoy your run Wabo!

And I hope 2015 is a great year for you all!

2015 in 2015 anyone?

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Was just wondering where a few people are...and remembered that I am sure it is 40's birthday! Enjoy! Hope 2015 is injury free!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya
    club relays today, 4x2km done, but I may venture out later but probably won't
    Our team 5th (out of 17), the other 3 team members being 2xU11s and an U13. 
    Nice and bright (+7c) after a frosty start.
    Aims for 2015 ? I'd just like to stay injury free.
    Miles for the year will be about 1984.

Happy New Year to you all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

back from a nice run in the forest with my mate and then a sausage sandwich, mileage for this year is a measly 737! I am going to try for a 100 each month next year, one new years resolution - To do a couple of runs a week in the morning thereby freeing up evenings for me time!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

alehouse, thats amazing miles!

• Not too bad for an old man Wabo! If you are aiming for 100 miles a month you should be going for 2015 k in 2015! That's about 25 miles a week. It does focus the mind! Just don't play catch up in the last few months like I had to!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Ale great running including the catch up.

Just back form coffee and cake after the annual run across Chute Causeway a nice undulating 10.25m that a group of us do on New years Eve or the day before....

This year

1913 miles (so maybe my challange will be 2015 miles next year...)

175.4m in December, my best month since May (when I last ran a Marathon)!!!!

All the very best for 2015 and my it be a blessed New Year for you all image

• 1865 for me which given that I was tri training until half way through and then lost three months or so is quite good going.

Hope you enjoyed your run Wabo.

Warmer here - just hoping it all thaws so that we can do our traditional little New Years Day en famille run.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: 5 hilly km in 31C and strong wind!

Why: last proper run before Sunday's race

Last hard: running up with the wind in my face!

Enjoy the last remnants of 2014.
  • And you know it's time to go, through the sleet and driving snow, across the fields of mourning, lights in the distance.

If it's the song I'm thinkin of....... good choice top band.

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Thank you all for the welcome back!

LMH - Shame about the Yak Tracks, will you find them do you think? I'm doing a MSc in Programme and Project Management. Haven't decided on exact question yet but it is likely to be around organisational learning and leading transformational change.

Alehouse - Congrats on the 2014 and yes, I intend to be consistently consistent (just not like I was this year!)

What: Nothing today
    Why: Sorting horse this morning and travelling to West Wales. Also recovering from turbo yesterday.
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: still 2014 as a whole

Happy new year to you all! I hope that 2015 is a good one.

• Doubt it Alex but I'll have a good look tomorrow - not the kind of thing anyone is likely to pick up and take home, especially as they're probably in different places, but with around five miles of country park to cover......... I was asked to do a PhD this year but haven't even done a MSc and just don't have the confidence. Yours sounds quite similar to that which my Danish friend did a couple of years ago. Good luck with it.

Hello Paul - stick around and join in.

On the subject of orthotics - depends what you have them for really, I'd be crippled without mine but no amount of physio or rehab can correct an actual (as opposed to functional) leg length discrepancy.

• Evening all. You have got a bit of time to finish you annual calculations, then go out for a decent run or whatever to make up the perceived shortfall. Personally, I CBA.

As you may or may not have been aware, I've been a miserable git. In particular this past few days with a head full of snot and throat of razor blades. Not too bad this morning: the drugs were holding it at bay.
    Pottered around a lot, then took delivery of a set of cycle training rollers. What a contraption. Devilishly simple. Fiendishly difficult.

15 minutes of propping up, as though I was on stabilisers. Eventually I "got it", and managed 20 minutes, with an embarrassing fall off at 8 minutes in (trying to look at watch!). I now feel like a cycling God, but only in my own head.

• Oooh mine aint as bad as leg discrepancy, I have to wear orthotics too...... stopped me running years ago due to pain in my lower back, would be lost without mine and wear them at all times image

• Orthotics for a leg length discrepancy I'm totally for. Arch support I'm defo against.

What: 1hr 30 turbo

Why: icy outside
  • You must be feeling better to master rollers Blisters!

• Master is a bit strong to be honest.

Survive...

• Oh yeah defo I agree bout the arch supports, my orthotics helped me no end with the pronation of my feet, dont roll out on my ankle like I used to, have straightened feet up.... have ripped the tendons on ankles, done quite a bit of damage, don't do that since i was fitted with orthotics, so have really helped, plus also lots of feet problems within family, so my then GP who was also a triathlete referred me to biomechanics clinic........ no probs ever since and that was years ago image