Wed 7th Jam 15

Morning just. Today lyrics: Asked a girl what she wanted to be. Back later !

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: 600 m swim d&d

Why: out all day and for dinner so fit it in before the household awoke

Last hard: sunday

Lyrics: yes

Have a good one all.
  • Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics -Chain Gang by Sam Cooke.

I think we do Alehouse though I have to switch off or over if I'm still listening at 1200hrs on a weekday.

Difficulty finding routes Gobi? Have you moved or are you weekly commuting?

Good news OH. 

What:              short, easy run/maybe a splash
    Why:               VLM/rehab
    Last hard:       not being too self conscious in the pool
    Last rest:        last year

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: pool swim after work

Why: cross training

Last hard: Monday

Last rest: Saturday

Lyrics: yes!

More bad weather heading our way according to weathermen ...
  • Morning again

Pouring down here.

Off out now

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    Re winter sports - love watching the sled sports (double luge still makes me laugh) and always said I'd like to give it a go.
    Wife surprised me and took me to Lillehammer (Olympic track) for my 40th. Amazing weekend.
    what - midweek miles
    why - training
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - yesterday. Speed on grass, 400/300/200/100 progressively faster with same distance mara paced (not jog) recoveries. 3 sets. Plus the usual warm up/cool down, and easy 600m between each.
    lyric - nope

• Morning all.  I see we have nearly managed to get the thread title correct today! Haha.

What-5miles easy, 75min swim session

why- training plan is the boss.

last hard-run home yesterday!  Trying to run above your 5k pace with a rucksack on is not easy!

last rest-23rd Dec

• Morning!

Smiled at the date!

Lyrics: no

What: about an hour
    Why: need something longer. Hoping to be back before the rain arrives. Looks windy already.

LMH: only listen occasionally, mainly when driving. And not between 12 and 2 either! 10:30 when possible!

Wabo: you seem pleased with yesterday evening's run, I read on the 2015 thread!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • lol 7th of JAM.

What - 6M later
    Why - Taking it easy

• Joe: Never noticed it was Jam and not Jan ! Doh !!
  • Can't have too much Jam birks image

I like to listen at 1030hrs if I can too Alehouse. We have the radio on rather than the tv until we settle down for the evening.

Managed to swim a whole 400m FC this morning - glad I didn't time it though. I reckon at least 10 minutes image

OH - we have the weather warning too but not for a couple of days.

• Morning

What: 1.5 hours on the turbo

Why: still pretty viral and staying in the warmth before work

Lyrics: nope

I feel so out of the loop with everyone! LMH- sounds like you are making slow but steady progress mate.

Nice running dustin!

Chunky- sounds like your 70.3 training is going better than mine. between working silly hours and being unwell... struggling to get the time in!

Have a good day guys!

• Dibs- seems to be so far.  Not really calling it 70.3 training yet though.  Running is the focus until im done with paris and just ticking over with the bike and swimming.  I will worry about trying to cycle at any type of speed once I can reign back my running.

just take it easy for the moment if you have been unwell though. Still plenty of time to get ready, it's only a half!  Make sure you are really fit to train before you put yourself back into a unwell hole, especially if you are working crazy hours too.

• Morning again!

What: 10.31k/58 mins. First half steady, second half fartlek.
    Why: how I felt.

Managed to have the wind in my face on the way out. And on the way back. Only rained for the last few minutes, but pouring now. Was back for 10:30.

Dibs: I still remind you, and I am sure OH would say the same, the friends I had doing their year in hospital never managed to get any training in at all. Permanently exhausted!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • MSW forecasting 46' swell and wind speeds of 67mph for Saturday
    Glad I'm not heading anywhere.

Dibs: as AH says

AH - you probably do know the lyrics

• Morning again!

Thanks, OH, I do indeed know the lyrics now that I have re-sung them in my head! And I knew you'd agree re Dibs! Banks were windy today but not quite in your league!

In other news, was a little embarrassed and surprised to find that I am "parkrunner of the month" at the parkrun where I tail run. Free pair of shoes of my choice! Not complaining!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Job continues to go well

what 11 miles and core

why It is midweek 10 day

last hard Sunday

last rest nye

lyrics I think so

onwards
  • Congratulations Alehouse.

Dibs - is that turbo instead of your long ride? If not it's more than you need to be doing - an hour with efforts is a better use of limited time and energy. Consistency is key so you need to find a balance that allows you to do what you need to work wise, stay healthy and get the training in. You don't have anyone due to visit from home do you? I could use some more paw paw cream image

What's your Paris target chunky?

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

Busy on here today!

What: Rest Day
    Why: they are important
    Last hard: Swimming
    Last rest: Today

Ale - congrats on PR of the month!

My nephew was given the all clear yesterday! Great news! Plus I publicised my intentions to do my bike ride and 70.3 to friends and family! Definitely no going back now!

• LMH- originally I was aiming for under 4 hours but as it isn't an A race for me I've decided to aim for under 4.15 which should allow me to actually train in the week after it.  My current pb is 4.26 with a single 10 mile long run in the 3 month leading up to it.

Alehouse- congrats on the PRer of the month. 

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Good session Dustin.

Alehouse, well done on your parkrunning feats!

Gobi, good to hear you are enjoying the job.

Sneaky 6 mile lunchtime run today. 45 mins. Wild wet and windy.

Lyrics, yes! image
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    LMH, can I get that here? If so I can bring it back and post it to you (coming back via the uk). Just let me know image
  • I don't know emzap but if you can I'd be really grateful - it's the best thing ever for chafing, cuts, burns etc. I bought it from a chemists in Oz after IMWA - he recommended it for the horrendous chafing I had on my neck.

chunky - go for it, you just don't run the first few days afterwards but have a swim heavy week with some endurance cycling if your legs feel up to it.

I think it's due to hit us on Saturday Donaldo - hope it's blown itself out by then.

Alex - great news about your nephew - post a link to your page, I'll donate. Which reminds me, must sort my VLM page soon.

• LMH- I'm surprisingly good at recovering.  I was back on the bike by the Tuesday after an ironman.

• No excuse then chunky image

• Well done parkrunner of month, AH image ( but I'm not sure I can cope with the thought of PRer of the month!!)

Pool swim done tonight although it's not much less wet outside the door!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Well done Ale for parkrunner of the month. always nice to be appriciated for the jobs / tasks that are undertaken image enjoy the new shoes of your choice

steady (slowish) 6.25m

Hopefully going to try the club handicap tomorrow night, not done it before but looks good, from what I gather its  atotal of about 6.5m with a 1.1m handicap in the middle of it... so a bit of speed and a bit of social too (in the pub afterwards image

Take care